The I MISS JASON ELS THREAD

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I must tell you Jason's memorial today was very moving and happy/sad. Lovely readings and rememberences and songs from family and friends in an 1810 church followed by a lovely reception at his mom's beautiful place. His family truly is wonderful. In a way it was by turns sweet and hard to take at the same time. You know what I mean it's hard really to put into words when someone you loved dies.

I'm glad that you were able to honor his memory.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

I awoke this morning thinking about Jason and the memorial planned for this weekend.
I had not realized it was actually today that it was to take place...for some reason I
thought it was to be on Memorial Day, this coming Monday.
I am glad the memorial was a nice one and I am sure that it was one that he would
have enjoyed, since so many of his friends and family would be there. How nice that
it was in an old 1810 church.
REST IN PEACE, Jason...
You will always be missed.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

I awoke this morning thinking about Jason and the memorial planned for this weekend.
I had not realized it was actually today that it was to take place...for some reason I
thought it was to be on Memorial Day, this coming Monday.
I am glad the memorial was a nice one and I am sure that it was one that he would
have enjoyed, since so many of his friends and family would be there. How nice that
it was in an old 1810 church.
REST IN PEACE, Jason...
You will always be missed.

Exactly. I think Jason would have (and I'm sure he saw it all) loved everything everyone said and sang. A speech from his cousin was so touching and so funny and a few of his college pals...actually everything everyone said was touching. There were some pieces earmarked in the program that Jason handpicked. I don't know how Jason's dad held it together as well as he did talking about part of Jason's ashes being spread in his beloved Ireland. You could NOT help but get choked up when he was talking. All you wanted to do all day was hug everyone.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think about how Jason and I shared a common battle at the same time! Mine succumbed to surgery and chemo and I have been back about a month. Jason, I am sad to say, fought the heroic fight...but did not make it back! I am truly sorry for that! I will remember him as a friend who condensed most clearly in my mind when I realized his struggle! May God grant him eternal peace!
Basque, I didn't know anything about that. I noticed that you were absent from the forum for a while, but I ascribed it to loss of interest, and then when you started showing up again, I didn't puzzle myself further about the matter. Anyway, I hope that the remission is permanent.

As for me, I've got a close friend -- hell, he's my closest friend, no question, especially now -- who is dying of brain cancer. He has gotten the best possible treatment, but I don't think that he is going to live to celebrate his 53rd birthday in November (or if he is alive then, it will be the most heart-breaking birthday I've ever seen, because there won't be much left of him in soul or body). There's certainly no shortage of occasions for grief in the world.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Exactly. I think Jason would have (and I'm sure he saw it all) loved everything everyone said and sang. A speech from his cousin was so touching and so funny and a few of his college pals...actually everything everyone said was touching. There were some pieces earmarked in the program that Jason handpicked. I don't know how Jason's dad held it together as well as he did talking about part of Jason's ashes being spread in his beloved Ireland. You could NOT help but get choked up when he was talking. All you wanted to do all day was hug everyone.

I wish I could have attended today...just to have been a part of the continued celebration of Jason's life. But, since I couldn't, I will do it in private.
Hells, I need a hug right now...so i'm sending one to you...and to all who appreciated Jason. It's on it's way to all of you now!

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Basque, I didn't know anything about that. I noticed that you were absent from the forum for a while, but I ascribed it to loss of interest, and then when you started showing up again, I didn't puzzle myself further about the matter. Anyway, I hope that the remission is permanent...............

Thank you very much , my friend , for your kind words and good wishes for my wellbeing! I tried to laugh about it, Cal, although sometimes I wanted to weep! I did not tell anyone..that is just my way! I must say that being well again and coming back gives me such a feeling of joy!:smile::cool:

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I think about how Jason and I shared a common battle at the same time! Mine succumbed to surgery and chemo and I have been back about a month. Jason, I am sad to say, fought the heroic fight...but did not make it back! I am truly sorry for that! I will remember him as a friend who condensed most clearly in my mind when I realized his struggle! May God grant him eternal peace!

I was going to send this privately, but you don't accept PMs. I hope you are doing much better this days. I hate to think of anyone from this forum having to go through chemo and surgery to survive. But im glad you are here, still here, and posting.

It's been a little over 2 months since we burried my Aunt due to cancer and it was probably one of the hardest things have had to watch.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Basque, I didn't know anything about that. I noticed that you were absent from the forum for a while, but I ascribed it to loss of interest, and then when you started showing up again, I didn't puzzle myself further about the matter. Anyway, I hope that the remission is permanent...............

Thank you very much , my friend , for your kind words and good wishes for my wellbeing! I tried to laugh about it, Cal, although sometimes I wanted to weep! I did not tell anyone..that is just my way! I must say that being well again and coming back gives me such a feeling of joy!:smile::cool:

Sorry to hear it basque, but very happy to know now that you are ok now and back....and I too echo Cals hopes for a permanent remission and good health!
Thumbs up, buddy!

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I said to my other half yesterday when I got home that Jason's service and the celebration of his life that followed was likely one of the most moving and touching I have ever attended.
Jason came from a family that are genuinely loving and spirited; that was evident from the event and the slide show presentation celebrating his life. It was clear from the people who spoke yesterday that like me he shared with them his wealth of knowledge and curiosity and outlandish sense of humor.
I will miss him here as I will miss him as a friend who I spent many happy lunches and cocktail hours.
I will think of Jason and the memories I have of his life and those that I gleaned from his family yesterday for the rest of my life.