The importance of posture

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Kevbo, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Kevbo

Kevbo Member

There is a waitress at a restaurant I frequent who is, uh, really impressing me -- mainly because she complements her shapely bosom with excellent posture. I've spoken with her and she doesn't come across at all as a show-off, but zowie is it hard to look away from her. She keeps her shoulders back and her back straight, and her breasts just sit way out there. And I can easily imagine that you would hardly know about her endowment if her posture was poor and she had more of a stoop or "crouch" to her. I've seen women like her a few times and invariably they have some sort of dance background, and this is true for her as well.

For all those ladies with great posture, I salute you!

Your obedient servant Kevbo

2. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    I agree. Posture is important.

My work requires that I spend a lot of time on the computer, which tends to shorten and atrophy several chest and shoulder muscles. I have to really work on the stretching the chest and shoulder muscles, while also strengthening the back muscles, to have decent posture.

3. MarkLondon

Gold Member

Albums:
    My sister took Flamenco dance lessons where she was told the key to the posture was to "lead with the breasts". She found it empowering.

4. B_curiousme01

B_curiousme01 New Member

Have you ever tried yoga? Rodney Yee has a beginners vid that has 45 min. Of pose and posture training. Well worth the 10.00 and you can get it at Wal-Mart. A mat is about the same cost.

5. EllieP

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    My daughter has the best posture of anyone I know. But I still tease her whenever we take family photographs together. It looks like she's "pushing the puppies" is what I tell her! LOL! "MOM!"

My mother is a very stern Brit and demanded perfect posture from me, but sadly she rarely got it when I was younger. Now that I'm staring at 40 I've been working my butt off keeping fit and trying to maintain or actually regain my posture.

Last Christmas Cap took a picture of Pris and me standing in front of the fireplace. Cap replied "Mom wins!" LOL! It was hilarious when we looked at the camera. We were both "pushing the puppies!"

Draft saved Draft deleted