The importance of smiling?

Keleios

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's lovely when people smile, always makes me want to smile too. Especially when you're walking down the street, passing other people who are caught up in their lunchbreaks or on their way home and they're tired. Then you see someone with their head up, seeking the horizon like it's a point they can't wait to reach and not something scarily overwhelming. Whether they're aware of it or not, seeing someone smiling that like can have such a positive effect.

People who smile come across as approachable, relaxed and easy to talk to whereas if someone's frowning or really serious there's a sense of not wanting to interrupt, intrude or aggravate them further. Different for solemn or a typically "normal" facial expression though.

I don't think frowning makes people look ugly but similar to smiles, it's indicative of being in a certain mood and people tend to respond unconsciously to those moods in kind. Unless they're like submissivegirl83 or dolfette and desire to lift the mood in some way, either by changing a frown to a smile or more literally, with kicking :p

i smile a lot!
most of the time in fact.
it makes people uncomfortable :smile:

Have you ever done that thing where you get into a crowded elevator and deliberately face all the people in it instead of the doors, then smile extremely slowly and hold it?
The London Underground elevators are fantastic for doing that.

Last edited:

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Have you ever done that thing where you get into a crowded elevator and deliberately face all the people in it instead of the doors, then smile extremely slowly and hold it?
The London Underground elevators are fantastic for doing that.
never tried that one!

in elevators i'm usually too busy jumping up & down. the way it boings with me really upsets people.

Keleios

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
never tried that one!

in elevators i'm usually too busy jumping up & down. the way it boings with me really upsets people.

rofl! I'd love to try that on a pogo stick, there's probably some interesting physics involved with bouncing inside a descending object. Or maybe not, I'm not a physicist so I don't know but I'll ask someone who is and get a pogo stick.

How do you feel about swaying/suspended bridges? I'm wondering if the elevator jumping would be similar to standing in the middle of the bridge and making it rock to see how many parents you can make fall over whilst the more surefooted kids stroll along happily.