The important role of the Crybaby in any organization

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by AlteredEgo, Feb 5, 2006.

1. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    You know, my church is on the brink of failure, and since it is one of the most historically rich (though not financially at this point) churches in the entire country, that's really a sad thing. You know what I think its biggest problem is? Crybabies.

Any organization has them, the problems occur when there is no balance between action oriented people, and their whiny counterparts. Don't get me wrong. An organization needs its crybabies. Who else is going to remind that organization where it came from? After all, change is good and neccesary, but like anything else, only beneficial in moderation. Anything that doeesn't evolve will die. Life has only two stages: growth, decay. However, it is usually not desireable to have something change so much that it isn't even the same creature anymore. Crybabies loudly, and freaquently remind us not to change everything too quickly, or too completely.

Crybabies are annoying (sorry, crybabies, you are) and tend to drive away action-oriented beings (AOB). This happens because the AOB wants to get away from whiny, crybabies, or because the AOB believes the whiny crybabies and goes off to find an organization that is "The way this place was in the old days" and then the AOB puts his energy into making that place even more fabulous.

Here, crybabies here tend to make typical crybaby posts on other threads. But they fail to realize they have become part of the very problems they are describing. A crybaby post is not informative, or supportive. It also will rarely inspire someone to seek the crybaby's friendship (unless another crybaby comes along). Instead of reading an entire thread that doesn't appeal, especially after discovering that you were disinterested in the original post, why not stop when you see the direction is not for you? Why not start threads that you would like to read? Write an essay about your huge endowment and the impact it's had on different aspects of you life, and post that. Some of the crybabies here are from the era of hippies. Didn't hippies used to say, "If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem." ? Boycott the threads that you think are threatening the usefulness of the site, and start some provocatrive ones yourself.

This IS the type of support I give by the way. I tell someone when their shit stinks, and then celebrate with them when they flush the toilet. Hmm. Sorry about the gross analogy. Crybabies: Your shit stinks. Go flush the toilet.

2. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

But I serve cheese with my whine.

3. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

Oooohh, eventually, you and Zora are going to butt heads over who's the Queen Bee around here. And when that happens, I wanna referee!!

Seriously, I tend to vacilate between the two extremes. Is this place sillier, more full of people trying to hook up, etc. than when I first joined? Yes, it appears so to me. The reasons for that are multifaceted and I would be sinfully prideful to think I could exhaustively list them here.

I will say this: A lot of the more veteran members: Zora, Max, Iathick, DMW, Pecker, CardDifDillion, RoysToy, et.al. helped me tremendously as I embarked on a journey of realizing my full sexuality with their openess, honesty, reflectivenes and, yes, even with their flirtiness.

If they are the "Baby Boomers" of LPSG, then myself, Steve26, Steve319, Naughty, PrepStud, et.al. are "Generation X."

And after us came Generations Y and Z. I am sure we all think the group after us is a little sillier, more irreverant and that this forum has somehow suffered for it.

In the midst of all of these have always been fakers, creeps, trolls and shit disturbers.

I'm trying to make a point here but and am doing a rather lousy job. I guess I am just saying that we need MORE input from the veterans in each generation in order to keep this place the robust repository of information, support, and love it can truly be.

Are we, each of us, up to the task? Only time will tell.

4. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    We need some of the veterans here to be Mods.

We can eliminate a TON of crap, when we see it.

I guess if you want to call me a crybaby, thats fine. I just feel that the environment here has changed to something non-productive.

Before, I could read threads, and feel good to contribute an honest opinion to help somebody out. Now, I dont know if the posts im replying to are just to get their post count up.

We have TONS of members now, and it seems that every time I return, the same topic is being duplicated on the front page.
    My bitch has always been, Read the Forum, Search the forum BEFORE Posting. But, that wont happen as there are just too many people now that dont have a clue!
    I like meeting new people, and hearing their points of view.
    It's when they start posting duplicate shit, slamming others, and PM'ing "ASL?" that I get Fiesty.

Lex, you are right. We have always had shit spreaders here. We had shit spreaders on the Vacutech Forum too (for those of you that remember it).

Crybaby = Drama. And We've all spread that at one time or another.

5. Bryan_Lyte2

Gold Member

[rant]It's a good thing I'm resourceful or I'd never find the help I look for on this site. I'm sorry but everyone is to blame for this place going to the dumps.

If you have a question and you try to search for it, you'll either find off subject topics, or in many cases get an error about not being abe to find a matching topic.

Heaven forbid you start a new thread about an old topic. You'd get chewed out by veterans telling you to do some reasearch and read 2 years old threads, while the others make stupid remarks.

True it does seem like some just talk to see their amount of posts go up, but those with the info sit back and just complain. When I cam to this site It was 2 years ago. If you even begin to say it was all support then than I must have been on the wrong LPSG site. Maybe LPSG.net or something.

Coming back to this site not only is it hard to find the already dwindling support theirs more ridcule going on. How does "Read the Forum, Search the forum BEFORE Posting" sound at all supportive. half of the threads here cant be found with a basic search and those that can have 8 hours of reading.

Besides that there is the limited topics. Let's face it how much support does one need for having a large penis? How many problems can one have? besides trying to avoid stares, boosting confidence, and finding accomidating clothes what more is there?

Lastly who thinks that re doing a thread on an old topic is bad? It's not like anybody around here has done so in a while. As for the new threads on old topics, information changes. It's perfect opportunity to get vets and newbies alike doing what we are here to do. Lend support and knowledgable information.

I've got plenty more to say but by now you are bored to death of my rantings so i'll let you think about what i've said. [/rant]

6. madame_zora

Gold Member

Well, I'm hardly a person to challenge anyone for superiority Lex, I'm just not wired that way. I appreciate our new members who actually contribute, and certainly Bronx is high on that list.

However, *out comes my inner crybaby* LPSG really is different than it was when I came here, and I have very sentimental attatchments to the way it was then because I owe this place an enormous debt of gratitude. I'm sure many of our veteran members feel this way, and if the new people don't understand that, that's no skin off my ass.

This is a friends community. What the N00bs fail to realise is that WE built it, not you. WE made this place what it is or it wouldn't be here for YOU to find it. You didn't write my 6,000 posts, which I take shit for all the time. Do you have any idea how many HOURS I've spent on this site, offering advice to some young man who was afraid to come out to his parents? Or a 16 year old girl who had serious traumatic issues in her life (yes, we used to be a source of help to teens), or the guy who's girlfriend had left him, or the guy who's family wouldn't show him support any longer because of his sexuality. No, that was me. The reason why is because I was shown that kind of love when I got here, in the time before we were showcased on forums like somethingawful and got overrun with trolls. This used to be an honest to goodness support group.

Yes, change is inevitable and necessary. The vast majority of anything of significance I've written has gone the way of "who fucking cares" and I know that. But I also know this- I am no longer free to write what I really think about sexuality because I have to worry about insulting the "not lpsg material" guys who are now the majority of our members, and this was SUPPOSED to be the one place on earth the well endowed and the people who interacted with them were allowed to speak freely. I do miss those days.
    Anymore, we have to hide in the shadows on the very site we fucking built into what it is because the new people have determined that they don't like our brand of honesty, and to that I would like to offer a sincere "fuck you".

You don't like lpsg, go build you own site, go spend a couple years out of your life giving of yourself in as personal a way as you can, then have a crop of n00bs take over your site and turn it into trash. See if YOU fight for it's integrity then.

I am one of the n00bs amoung the older set. The reason I seem older now is that the vast majority of the men and women I met when I came here have left, very few of us remain. I find it obnoxious that someone like that twat couple who posted their personal ad in Sex with a Large Penis actually had the audacity to stand their groud when someone told them their post was unwelcome. FUCK THEM, who the fuck are they anyway? LPSG doesn't have to be every single individual's idea of a perfect site, it is the combination of it's members. However, now that we have such a huge proportion of members who are here to troll, lie, thrillseek, and harass, the support aspect has been greatly diminished, and you can call me a crybaby if you want, but it saddens me to see it. I've invested a lot of time here, had a lot of new members join and make friends, wonderful people who just fit themselves right into the mix without trying to change tha whole format of the group. I've never been resistant to new members joining, I just EXPECT them to pay the same respects that I did when I first joined- read a lot more than you post until you know what the fuck's going on. Doesn't seem like a lot to expect when you join ANY group, now does it?

7. GoneA

Gold Member

i really think you're asking too much. honestly, how dare you ask someone to be productive :eek:. why? it's soooo much easier to complain and start long diatribes about the people you loathe, hate, dislike, would only masturbate with but never kiss - whatever. bronx, are you honestly asking people to be apart of a solution and, if there isn't and immediately apparent solution then: make one :eek: :confused:. sorry bronx, i really used to enjoy your post until you started asking people to use their brains. how dare thee.

out-rag-eous :tongue:

*kills all the crybabies

8. Altairion

Gold Member

Albums:
    Man there's so much here.

First off, Bronx...I love you and I'm glad you're here. You've been one of the best new members we have lately.

Lex, sometime could you tell me what generation I fall into? (Random curiousity :smile:)

Rikter, yes...we do need mods rather badly. However we'd need committed people to do it.

Zora...several good points.

==============
    All right kids, here's where I'm at. I've only been here for a year, but I've noticed some changes in the site since I've joined. Bronx is definitely right about the whole AOB vs. conflict issue. Right now we're lacking in the AOB department...I'll leave some of you to wonder why.

One random tidbit of info I recently uncovered...you guys want to know why the Meet and Greet board is so abundantly full of repetitive introductions? Every new person that joins gets a pm from Rob welcoming them.....and telling them to post a thread on the board to say hi.

Besides considering those items, I think we do need a more supportive member base. Some people have genuine questions and would like answers...even if these questions seem out of the ordinary or even trollish. We are a support group, and I say we should assume everyone innocent until proven to be a troll. Also, while diverting topics can be fun....Bronx is right - make up your own thread before you ruin someone elses. I was shocked by the way the thread about Dr Bubbles was treated recently. Something serious like that was being picked apart by people that flat out had no respect.

Personal note: In my life, I try to lead by example. It is time for the leaders of this board to band together and mold this place into what we would like it to be. Sure, we all have different views on what that is, but who here is to say that we should leave things as they are and not strive to make LPSG a better place?

9. Stursberg

Stursberg New Member

How perfectly said! I came here in hopes of finding just this, and admit to having been a crybaby about my own past, but am amazed at how what this site could be doesn't quite happen. I still have hopes that this is really more of a support group than a meet market.

Draft saved Draft deleted