Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Really though, that's a great point LF.

This particular section is probably the most diverse on the site. Women, men, all ages (above 18) all races, all orientations, there are so many different "types" of people who regularly post in this section, and yet so many of us are on the same page. On so many topics. Not all.. but yeah.

Fucking. Interesting.

g0nz0

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think there’s a reason so many of us are “like-minded”, despite the fact we are from so many diverse backgrounds. I mean, we are women and men, have varying educational backgrounds, different professions, marital status, incomes, etc. What we do have in common is open-mindedness towards sexuality and a sense of what’s right.

When someone comes along with a condescending attitude and such a stubborn wrong-headedness toward sexuality and blames it on self-esteem, it becomes insulting. It’s not surprising that the community bands together. That’s one of the things I enjoy about this place.

I :heart: this post!

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Telling me how i feel or should feel as a woman when you arent one, or never been one, is like me telling a gay man how he shouldn't be bothered or affected by homophobia. Just own that word *fag* and call yourself one and you'll be on top of the haters. That's not how this works, that's not how any of this works.

Catharsis

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think there’s a reason so many of us are “like-minded”, despite the fact we are from so many diverse backgrounds. I mean, we are women and men, have varying educational backgrounds, different professions, marital status, incomes, etc. What we do have in common is open-mindedness towards sexuality and a sense of what’s right.

When someone comes along with a condescending attitude and such a stubborn wrong-headedness toward sexuality and blames it on self-esteem, it becomes insulting. It’s not surprising that the community bands together. That’s one of the things I enjoy about this place.
I love this because it's so true and something I'll always admire about this website. Seriously y'all helped me grow out of my own narrow-mindedness (or so I like to believe I've become open-minded) and at least open my eyes to the truth that different people have different stories and you can have your opinion as long as you're respectful of others.

Side note, it's really nice to see some familiar faces and cool to read through posts by newer faces.

Sorry to derail, I just wanted to speak up and not be such the creepy lurker I've been these past few days.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I love this because it's so true and something I'll always admire about this website. Seriously y'all helped me grow out of my own narrow-mindedness (or so I like to believe I've become open-minded) and at least open my eyes to the truth that different people have different stories and you can have your opinion as long as you're respectful of others.

Side note, it's really nice to see some familiar faces and cool to read through posts by newer faces.

Sorry to derail, I just wanted to speak up and not be such the creepy lurker I've been these past few days.
You’ve never been a creepy lurker! :heart:

And judging from many posts in this thread, I think your observation that many women would feel that way can be couched more accurately in absolute terms rather than probably. I've not seen any "probably" in any woman's posts replying to or regarding that poster.

Actually, in using "perhaps," I was subtly arguing against the over application of the "speaking for" concept. To say "probably" indicated I was only estimating what women might think or feel. Otherwise, if I claimed to actually know, I might be accused of "speaking for them."

I have experienced some primitive men "speaking for" their wives or "girl friends," so I know it is a real phenomenon. It was even weirder than this thread.

Wrong headed or even misogynistic advice or recommendations doesn't seem to me to constitute "speaking for." Taken to extremes, the "speaking for" concept would invalidate a person having a councilor or therapist of the opposite sex, etc.