The infinite battle, women and sports.

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So I gotta know, why are women irritated by sports? Is it the noise? The whistles? The drunk boyfriend (and possibly his friends)? The excessively loud TV? Or the way that any male must be kept away from a TV set on Saturday and Sunday? And in extreme cases (like mine), 4/7 weekdays depending on the time of year?

Ladies, you must understand, it's our release. In a society that frowns upon blatent masculinity and straight up letting your nuts hang, we need a place to be obnoxious males. That's where hunting, fighting, and fucking you in a standing up version of the missionary position known as "suspended congress" or "stand and walk", come into play. (especially the standing up fucking part)

Sports are like our Grey's Anatomy, our CSI, our ( insert soap opera or primetime show here). And sports news like SportsCenter(dadada-dadada) are our version of Oprah or Dr. Phil.

You must understand ladies, we WILL compromise with you. Next time we're fully immersed in triple overtime at the Staples Center between the Lakers and Suns, don't intentionally heave the figurative shit at the fan. How bout have a seat next to us and ask us to explain. Hell, even root for the other team, makes it more exciting. Or just say, I wanna watch _____ when this (game,match) is over. That way, you will actually be able to peacefully get us from in front of Monday Night Football, with no fuss. That way, we won't give a damn about missing the game ( or at least, we'll out on that facade,haha ).

Just don't let it eat at you day after day, week after week, and then explode when it's 4th & 8 on the oppositions 30 yard line with 23 seconds left in the game. That shit ain't gonna cut it. Besides, all that stress isn't good for your health. And we (at least us decent fellas) don't like it when yall feel bad.

How do the oh so very fine women of LPSG feel about sports?

ScorpioSlut

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Sports don't bother me at all.....neither do the noise, drunk friends, etc......unless you let them control your life.

I understand if you like or even love sports and I know I have things on TV that I love to watch too. But I don't let anything on the TV dictate what I do in life and it's definitely not a priority over the real world. So if I've planned something for us to do I expect you to pick me over sports just like I would pick you over watching Grey's Anatomy (not that I watch that). I don't think it's too much to ask to expect real life and a personal relationship to come first. If there isn't anything that fits into that category the by all means watch all the sports you want.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like to watch sports! Especially the Olympics (going to be glued to the TV for a couple of weeks starting this Friday) and NBA basketball.

I'm not intimidated by the noise in sports. Now the noise made by TODDLERS... now THAT intimidates me! (and annoys me to death!)

|e|

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My husband and I are both *huge* baseball fans, and we enjoy watching football and soccer also. We're both into weightlifting also, so we'll watch those competitions when we can find them. I'm not a big fan of some of the other sports like basketball or horse racing or whatever, but I can enjoy the excitement of the last few minutes of any sport... the rush of seeing the underdog try to pull it out in the last moments is exciting.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mista Geechee what exactly are you rambling on about? I can't hear you because I'm playing back the last 15 minutes of my NY Giants winning the Superbowl. :biggrin1:

The problem for most women is that while Grey's Anatomy or CSI (2 of my fave shows) are on for an hour at a time and in the summer it's all repeats. Football, hockey, basketball, and baseball, go on for like 6 months each and a game can easly take 3 hours. Plus it's not like you only watch your favorite team, you have to watch all the games. Don't even get me started on college ball and pre-season draft picks. :rolleyes::mad: Which means that you are unavailable to us for way too long. Most of us know not to bother you at work; but during a game, pffftt please we are gonna interrupt. You can TiVo that mess and get back to it later. :tongue:

Last edited:

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oops! :redface:

I am one of those women that cannot stand sports on TV! :rolleyes:

It's not just the noise, the inanity and the crudeness of the money involved / paid to the 'sportsmen'.

It's how mindlessly a bloke will sit infront of the TV and watch ANYTHING!

A whole day can be wasted, sat in the armchair watching sport.
Conversation is aborted, plans to go out are cancelled, and you're living room sounds like some sports arena instead of a nice, quite comfy space.

Last week I patiently waited for the Grand Prix to finish only to find the golf was on next. Nice way to spend a Sunday, but when that is the only day of the week to do something together, then it's a bit of insult to be 2nd to 'sport on tv'.

Like NJQT says, it's not just 'your team' or 'your sport' you watch... it's any bloody thing that's on....

duh! mindless!!!

*sigh*

:cool:

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well k8, not all men watch everything on. We just enjoy the competition and the adrenaline. Personally, I only watch baseball, football, and basketball. I don't really do golf and racing and all that.
I don't watch every team that's on either. Just my teams. But I can always Tivo it or catch the 3 am reruns.

Me and my girl are on good terms on this issue. She likes football and basketball and she's pretty much turned me into a total HGTV whore.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well k8, not all men watch everything on. We just enjoy the competition and the adrenaline. Personally, I only watch baseball, football, and basketball. I don't really do golf and racing and all that.
I don't watch every team that's on either. Just my teams. But I can always Tivo it or catch the 3 am reruns.

Me and my girl are on good terms on this issue. She likes football and basketball and she's pretty much turned me into a total HGTV whore.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you spend almost the entire year watching sports . . .

Season Starts Season Ends
Baseball
April October
Basketball
December May
Football
August January

psosandra

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I love hockey and baseball, will watch some football. I accuse my hubby of false advertising, cuz I asked him if he was into football when we started dating. He said no, but that was when St. Louis didn't have a team! But hockey, I'm as big a fan as he is, in fact at the games, I tend to yell a lot more than he does!

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Correct me if I'm wrong but you spend almost the entire year watching sports . . .

Season Starts Season Ends
Baseball
April October
Basketball
December May
Football

August January

Basketball ends in June and football ends in Feb. But I guess it would seem that way. I only watch when the Giants, Colts, Redskins, Bulls, Suns, Hornets, Cubs, Chargers, Angels, and Red Sox play. But that's only when they are on the nationally broadcasted games. And of course when they are in the playoffs. But if one of the teams I like isn't playing, I usually don't watch. But the Superbowl, NBA Fianls, and World Series is a must. Most times at least.

tmny

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
any girl i was seeing that would give me shit for watching sports probably wouldn't be seeing me for very long

no point in arguing over stupid crap like that.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I would suggest they dislike sports because they are BORING!

I can absolutely understand wanting to go out and PLAY sports... but suitting on your ass and watching other people get payed obscene amounts to have a lousy time playing a game that ought to be fun?

WHo cares? what possible difference does which stranger can toss a ball make?

If you took all the video of all the plays in all the games and cut them into individual plays, taped them back together randomly and aired it as NEXT years games... no one would even notice.

Spectator sports are the acme of wasted time.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Females that get irritated by sports are morons.

Sports serve an extremely necessary function in society. In fact, countries without strong organized sports tend to oppress women and have internal war.

I also believe (but cannot prove) that there's a parallel between gangs and lack of sports/art instruction.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Addendum: If I had a guy that over-watched sports on TV, I would get inventive about getting him involved in ACTUAL sports.

Like playing sports rather than watching them? Cool... (makes for more stamina in bed, too. :biggrin1:). And I'd be joining right in playing sports right beside him! (I like playing them too, although I'm not particularly good...)