The influence of the Y chromosone

CURVEDANDTHICKK

Expert Member
Media
I have read quite a few threads that discuss where we get our penis size from; mom or dad or a combination of both. I belive that since the Y chromosone makes us male and that can only come from your father, then your sexual development can only be influenced by your father's genes.

Everyone knows that if prostate cancer is common on your father's side of the family then you are more likely to get it. Is this because that particular trait is carried in the Y chromosones. For me and my brother and my cousins on my dad's side we are of average length but fairly thick. I remember when we were kids and stayed at my grandparents we used to all take baths together and no one stood out as smaller or bigger than the others. Even recently one of my cousins commented that he was remodeling his house and was considering installing a urinal in his bathroom so he didn't have to bend over the toilet in the morning to pee. Since we all knew what he was talking about I guess we all have erections that point straight out or up. Guys with erections that point down don't have that problem.

I don't think that a mothers X chromosone carries any of her father's sexual characteristics since the Y chromosone is not present in her DNA. Girls can get similar traits of females on her father's side from the X chromosone that her father provided. It is also common knowledge that the Y chromosone is passed from father to son without changing. Meaning that your great, great, grandfather on your father's side Y chromosone is an exact duplicate of yours.

Remember when they did genetic testing on the decendants of Thomas Jefferson's slave to determine if he had children with her and they acknowledged that all of the males had the exact same Y chromosone as Thomas Jefferson. But they also admitted that since Thomas Jefferson's brother also lived with him for a time it would be impossible to tell if he was the father or the uncle to the slaves children. So if the Y chromosone can be passed down for that many generations and even through different races without any change then that proves that the mother does not have an influence on her son's sexual characteristics.

I'm not saying that if a man has a 9" dick his son will also have a 9" dick but you can be certain that his son will be above average.

puremscle

Just Browsing
Media
Great post Curved,
Interesting theories ! I wish there was further research on this.
I believe that you inherit from your father because he is the one who gives you the Y chromosome.

Dalt

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I do know that my dad's dad, my dad and his brothers, my male cousins on my dad's side, my nephew, and I all have the same shape/size dicks. Growing up around all of them, I have seen them over the years. My nephew is 25 and I hadn't seen him naked since bathing him when he was a small kid, but this past summer we went whitewater rafting and showered and changed clothes afterward. He's said now he knew where his dick came from. I had to let him in on the family dick info.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That would definitely make for some interesting genetic research.

You have to be careful, though, in assuming that the gene for penis characteristics is carried on the Y chromosome. On the surface, that would seem to be the case, but it isn't necessarily. The gene for male pattern baldness is carried on the X chromosome, and triggered by the Y chromosome. So women cannot develop male pattern baldness, since they do not have the triggering gene. Men cannot pass it on to their sons; they pass it to their daughters. Since I have not seen any research into the genetics of penis characteristics, I can't say for certain, but it is possible that it's another of those odd "carrier/trigger" combinations.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The problem with this idea is that your understanding of genetics is simplistic and erroneous. The gene or genes for penis size could very well be located on the any chromosome... it is only the genes responsible for turning on the "female suppressing" cascade of events (making testes instead of ovaries, etc.) that need specifically to be on the Y chromosome. I don't know of any research on the genetics of penis size.

Also, penis size can be influenced by many things in utero, including but not limited to the amount of hormones coming from mom.

If you look at the research on intersexuality, where there has been a lot of research about genitaia, there are many many genes and factors that contribute to sexual development. Penis size may also be determined by genes that have little to do with those genital/gender/sex genes.

Snoozan

long_man655

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I for one can vouch that I got my large penis from my mom's side of the family. My dad has a relatively small penis but according to my mom her father and all her brothers are well hung (long story why she told me this). Also it is pretty random too. My older brother has a much smaller penis then I do.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A "gene" is something controlling an inheritable characteristic. The word and the specific concept are generally attributed to Mendel. He hadn't the foggiest idea what the gene physically was, or where it was located, or how it actually did its thing. And besides, he was just a religious type screwing around with peas.

We now know that the mystery object which Mendel called a gene is scattered around in ridiculously large protein chains, the actual info being entirely coded in sequences of amino acid pairs. These pairs can be used to construct other protein chains, which in turn make up hormones, and those in turn control body growth (more or less). But exactly which gene, or which parts of which gene, are located on those chains remains mysterious except in a very few particularly simple cases. In other words, the mapping function between genes and chromosomes is poorly known - things are far more advanced than I've described in this little precis here, but the field is still very primitive.

An obvious consequence is that the Sunday-supplement science concept of "genome" is no such thing, but at best a sequence of amino acid pairs. There are only four amino acids making up all of these pairs, which doesn't simplify things all that much. The actual sequencing is relatively straightforward, and done via a lot of chromatography runs (nowadays automated). But the only way to positively correlate a gene with a particular amino acid sequence is to remove or suppress that sequence, and see what effect that has on the development of some poor test animal (or a plant, or a protista or monera). Obviously direct experimentation of this sort on the human genome is out of the question, even in states with Democratic governors.

So, we don't know. My guess is that if your maternal grandfather had a hose the size of Rhode Island and your father's was negligible (but big enough to get the job done), the chances are pretty good that you'd have trouble shopping for pants, too.

And finally, ignore everything above - my most advanced degree is in atomic physics, not molecular biology.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
<...>
And finally, ignore everything above - my most advanced degree is in atomic physics, not molecular biology.
Well, I am completely charmed that we got such an elegant answer from such a strange LPSG member... we have had our ups and downs, but you just about covered that from top to bottom.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Very few traits are actually either/or situations in which you inherit directly from only one parent. I've seen no evidence to suggest penis size is not influenced genetically by both parents.
There are actually quite a few, but it does get exceptionally complex. It is sufficient for this thread to simply say that a generally "male" characteristic is not necessarily carried on the Y chromosome, nor is a generally "female" characteristic necessarily carried on the X chromosome. Fragile X syndrome is an X chromosome defect, normally expressed in males (in females, usually masked by the other X chromosome), and usually causing large testicles and enlarged breasts, among many other symptoms.

Dalt

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Based on my family mentioned above, I think penis size/shape is just like anything--it is a dominant gene from one parent or the other, just like so many other characteristics. And for what its worth, in my dad's family, all us males have a very, very strong resemblance besides having the same dick. For example, my cousin and I are often assumed to be twin brothers, my nephew looks almost identical to how I looked a few years ago (it is almost impossible to tell who's who from my old college ID photos and his recent ones), and just this week someone who knew my dad years ago came up to me in a store and asked if I was his son, based soley because I look just like he did 30 years ago. Bad sinuses, the same nose, clefts in our chins, the ability to be ambidexterous (espec. in sports), and the same dicks are just some of the common traits we have. lol

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I don't think that a mothers X chromosone carries any of her father's sexual characteristics since the Y chromosone is not present in her DNA. Girls can get similar traits of females on her father's side from the X chromosone that her father provided. It is also common knowledge that the Y chromosone is passed from father to son without changing. Meaning that your great, great, grandfather on your father's side Y chromosone is an exact duplicate of yours.

..... I think if it was that easily explained the scientists would have figured that one out years ago. There is a reason why they don't know which one causes penis size, even though they have reaserched.

Just my two cents though...