The Irish Curse Defined

OmahaBeef

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well I am German enough to be superior, but Irish enough to ruin it all :)

Seriously...I am half Irish and half German...and both sides of the family are packing.

OmahaBeef

Fire Stick

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
My own ethnic background is almost all Scottish and Irish, and I do not suffer from any "curse," nor do the other guys in my family. I have seen plenty of other guys who are either exclusivley or primariliy of Celtic background, and I have seen no pattern to exist one way or the other.

I beleive that all the talk about one's ethnic group having some baring on penis size is all myth, as is most other commonly expressed correlations (size of nose and feet, distance between index figer and thumb, etc.) You never know how well-hung a man is until he drops is pants.

The only pattern I personally have observed is that most of the east Asian men I have seen are smaller than other racial groups. Even then, I am sure there are men from east Asia for whom this is not true.

B_Hung Muscle

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
About 50 percent of my DNA came across the Atlantic from Ireland and the rest from Germany, and I'm not sure I have any specific phallic curse.

Of course, I would definitely need to do a thorough examination of FireStick's equipment to ensure that he too is free of the curse.

gunit56_17

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Irish and Scotch here, no red nose, AND no hose! Potatos that hang half way to my knees, something got switched around here at some point! I guess I'll settle for a beer!

EuroboyUS

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Stronzo said:
There's a popluar myth about men from the British Isles in general. In my experience the Irish, Scottish, and English men I've had sex with are generally larger than their Italian and French counterparts.

I find that often the Irish and English are larger than average and in several cases downright huge.

I completely agree...I had never seen so many beautiful bulges all in one place before I moved from NY to London...It may be that the average guy here wears his trousers a little tighter and his underwear a bit more form fitting than the average American, but judging from the Irish and English guys I have seen with nothing on I am convinced that those buldges are just tantalizing previews of coming attractions.

scanjock8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i never knew dick size was part of the curse. i've slept with one irish guy. he was hot--curly golden hair like a young ryan o'neal. and an enourmous dick that was so big i could barely get my mouth around it.

i find irish guys really hot--for how they look and that brooding quality many of them have, but get 'em while they're young because they don't always age well. even collin farrell, who i think is a sexy fuck, is showing signs of falling apart.

some prominent irishmen don't help debunk the curse! i can only come up with three but i'm sure there are more.

ryan o'neil, a hottie back in the day, now a plastic surgery disaster
tip o'neil, goes without saying
caught a closeup of ted kennedy on c-span the other day. cursed. but god bless the kennedy clan.

many americans claim a bit of irish ancestry--they were busy immigrants and got around. i may be mistaken, but i think the irish are one of the larger european immigrant groups to settle in the united states (perhaps more italians? germans? not certain)

scanjock8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
senor rubirosa said:
Well, he is 74. And he had a pretty good run up until about the age of 60, imho.

yeah, i agree. in fact only recently i thought he was looking more refreshed than usual...c-span makeup i suspect (i'm a c-span junkie)

AzTwo

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I have the perfect solution! Let's all take up a collection and send ME to the Emerald Isle where I will consent to measuring as many Celtic Phalli as I can, er, get my hands on. I promise a full report back to the group, along with the obligatory pictures & videos.
If 1000 members each pitched in $1.00 it would be enough. And I gladly acquiese to make the sacrifice to go & measure - all in the name of science, nach.

jody

Experimental Member
Media
i think the more widespread myth is that irish people have red hair. yes, some of them do, but it's an english mutation and is more common there.

also, red hair isn't even actually red, and there is no red hair gene. in fact there is a gene that makes skin very pale with no pigment, and as a side effect it turns hair red. just your science fact for the day.

justloveemlarge

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I cannot imagine that this is true. One of my roomates in college was Full blooded Irish. One night he videotaped himself getting a blowjob from this girl we all used to hang out with, and his dick was the biggest fucking thing I have ever seen. The look of awe from this girls face was enough to tell, never mind that the kid was packing at least 9" and the fattest girth I have ever seen.

jody

Experimental Member
Media
scanjock8 said:
many americans claim a bit of irish ancestry--they were busy immigrants and got around. i may be mistaken, but i think the irish are one of the larger european immigrant groups to settle in the united states (perhaps more italians? germans? not certain)

not exactly, but i think they are mostly catholic which means big families, so their population got bigger pretty fast in america.

there are only 4 million people in ireland versus 60 million in britain, 82 million in germany, and 59 million in italy. there were definitely more immigrants from the latter 3 countries.

scanjock8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
jody said:
not exactly, but i think they are mostly catholic which means big families, so their population got bigger pretty fast in america.

there are only 4 million people in ireland versus 60 million in britain, 82 million in germany, and 59 million in italy. there were definitely more immigrants from the latter 3 countries.

quickly browsing online immigration data i'd say you're right (although the numbers seem to be all over the place).

it would stand to reason britain would be the first...duh. the english are so closely tied to our colonization how easily i forget they are immigrants too.

yeah, birth control has never been a catholic strong point;-) reminds me of a recent conversation i had with a catholic friend. i think we all do it--how many siblings does someone have to say they have before you wonder if they are catholic? or mormon? 4? 5? 6? i get asked all the time being from a family with 4 children (funny how people feel like it's ok to ask a total stranger what some might consider a very personal question)

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
jody said:
There is no red hair gene. in fact there is a gene that makes skin very pale with no pigment, and as a side effect it turns hair red. just your science fact for the day.

Forgive me, but why wouldn't this be a gene for red hair?
If it has that effect, notwithstanding that in your description, it's a side effect ...

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
jody said:
because you can inherit the pale skin gene and still not have red hair.

So the side effect only occasionally occurs. Okay.

That said, it seems some experts do believe there is a gene for red hair.

This is from the Wikipedia article on Red Hair (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_hair):

The results of a 2001 study, by Oxford & Edinburgh teams of geneticists led by Harding & Rees [1][2] caused some to speculate that the gene responsible for red hair may have originated among the Neanderthals some 100,000 years ago. Red-haired people would then be descendents of Neanderthal admixtures to Cro-Magnon, and would have spread from the area of Neanderthal-Cro-Magnon contact. Although interbreeding of Neanderthals with Homo sapiens is still a matter of debate, and in 2003, Edinburgh geneticist J. Rees suggested that the gene originated as recently as 40,000 to 20,000 years ago in Europe, well after the human migration from Africa, so that the geographical distribution of red hair would be due to post-glacial expansions from Europe.

And there are other references on the web as well.

But I'm no geneticist.