The IRL Thing

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Hey folks, had a question: Assuming that you haven't already and that travel arrangements could be made, how would you all feel about meeting someone from the LPSG in person?

I ask this primarily because, I don't know, I think it would be pretty damn cool. I chat with a few guys from here, and strangely enough, there's this intensely strange sense of familiarity shared with those precious few folks -- you know, the kind of love that would ensure that you always keep in touch, find a few minutes to jot a quick e-mail, looking forward to the latest IM chat, that sort of thing.

To date, well, I only recall having met one person remotely related to LPSG. The guy and I met for lunch, chilled a while, compared size, and then took off; didn't really have much more to share, and thankfully, I came with no expectations. I suppose I would like to meet some fellow LPSGers, penis-equipped and not, especially if we get along oh so well on the forum. It would seem the proper thing to do, right?

gigantikok: I might be up for that. It would be interesting to finally be able to place a face behind all those screen names. I know I'll always associate Finedessert with a little dog, and bilbobagginsx with Sylvester. :)

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have, to date, met five fellow LPSGers IRL, and all five encounters have proved to be positive ones. No disappointents, but a few welcome surprises. There are a few tentative plans in the works to meet with a few others. I have formed firm friendships with two of the members. I think if you feel that certain 'spark' of kinship, things will probably turn out positive when you meet face to face. I certainly would recommend it.

DirkDiggler: Nope after nearly a month using this board I am still confused as to why i or anyone else should feel any affinity toward any other men who have a big dick. And if I met anyone who wanted to compare sizes then i would be deeply unimpressed i think :-/
Sorry it just doesnt do anything for me.

rivertowncowboy: I think it would be cool to meet guys and talk and hang out. It is alawys a suprise to meet folks you talk with on line and see what the real person is all about.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
[quote author=DirkDiggler link=board=meetgreet;num=1056956808;start=0#3 date=06/30/03 at 13:56:32]Nope after nearly a month using this board I am still confused as to why i or anyone else should feel any affinity toward any other men who have a big dick.[/quote]

Hey, hang on a second. Don't get the wrong idea.

Hmmmmm... going to go with the honest approach here, I guess. It seems almost unavoidable to have an encounter with including at least one mention of dick size, unless it was agreed up beforehand that they be excluded from the experience. I'd go one step further in conceding that it'd be cool to compare the sizes, get a look at them and each other's, and then carry on from there. "Carry on from there" might or might not include messing around sexually. Truth is, I'd probably compare them and leave it at that -- wouldn't want to make the IRL experience solely about size.

A person's attached to that thing, and if I don't like you -- well, size wouldn't make a difference, would it?

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=DirkDiggler link=board=meetgreet;num=1056956808;start=0#3 date=06/30/03 at 13:56:32]Nope after nearly a month using this board I am still confused as to why i or anyone else should feel any affinity toward any other men who have a big dick. And if I met anyone who wanted to compare sizes then i would be deeply unimpressed i think :-/ [/quote]

Dirk, I'm sure you've noticed that we talk about more than just big dicks here. There are certain people here that often have the same point of view that I have, or that I find interesting in some way. I have swapped e-mails with quite a few people here, and the conversations are rarely about cock size. We talk about about interests we have in common. Believe it or not, we talk art, literature, music, history, movies, politics, and even religion. I, like you, have no desire to meet a guy whose posts I find interesting just so we can whip 'em out and compare. Of the five guys from here that I've met in person, I've seen three naked, but it wasn't a "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" game. I still would've found them interesting if there had been no nudity involved. The suggestion that Dee was making was about the chance of meeting a member, not about meeting a member's member.

jackinman: Sounds like like a great idea. I've only met one person so far from this board.

7x6andchg: OMG - Dee and DMW agree on something?!?! :D
(just kidding, both of you)

I haven't met anyone but I have plans to do so in October - I think it would be cool to meet people in real life - and rest assured I KNOW we'd find more to talk about than just our dicks.

For that matter, a lot of times the chat turns to more interesting stuff after a while as it is...and the IM's...

For example, the outpouring of support I got when I lost my job...

7x6&C

prepstudinsc: I think meeting some of the other members on here would be cool. Sure we all carry on email relationships with each other, but meeting someone in person is a totally different thing. I am going to meet a fellow member in September when I'm in his city on business.
We've chatted via email and instant messages, so we thought it would be cool to get together in person. I don't know if it will turn into a show and tell or not, but I'm always interested in meeting new people. Having a big dick isn't always just about physical attributes.....many of us have good personalities and high levels of intelligence. That's what interests me in a friend--not how big or small a person's penis is.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I'd go for it.  

I'm in reune mode currently anyway since I'm on one of those committees to get my high school class together next year for its 40th.

Back when The Deevah (remember that delightful lady?) was still around a group of us had a hilarious discussion in LPSG chat about having a LPSG convention on the Riviera.

What would be really great would be to get enough publicity about a get-together that the major expenses might be paid by sponsors.

Can you imagine the sign outside the Grand Ballroom at the New York Plaza Hotel saying...

Welcome LARGE PENIS SUPPORT GROUP
                                                              Brought to you by extremecock.net

Pecker

CardiffDillon: I'd be up for that too. I've spent a lot of time at the chatroom and have met some really nice guys there. In the past I've floated the idea of a purely social get-together of the UK members, and although there was a lot of interest some, mainly str8 guys, were very nervous and seemed to think it would inevitably degenerate into a 'get ur cock out for the lads' session.

I remember one very funny chat discussion where the suggestion was that we have our meeting at a nude resort and someone conjoured up the vision of a nude volleyball match between 2 teams of LPSG members...........LOL

cheers

Dillon

bblumbee: OK, Dee... so you are the organizer? :) Females welcomed??? ;)

I think it would be interesting to meet others from the site. Of course, I do have some motives for why I would be interested (and no, not sexual... I'm not a flussie) to particpate, but mainly just to put actual faces with names would be great. I have chatted with a good number of guys here and all have been wonderful... To me, it would just be icing on the cake, if you will. :)

So, when and where is this convention? I need to make arrangements already! hehehe

TragicWhiteKnight: An IRL meeting sounds swell - though, to hide our identities, I feel we should be swearing masks, like being in Mardi Gras...or Slipknot.

In the chat some time ago someone came up with the idea of a UK meeting at some big event (Glastonbury, or Wimbledon or something) which never came to fruition, alas, but I still think that kind of approach is the best way to make a get-together to be the most effective way to go, unless there's enough people willing to organise an entire convention. [though to rent a hotel we'd have to lie about what LPSG really was..."It's the...errr..Living People..Society...Gang...yeah, that's what we do...And stop looking at my pants. That's not what we stand for."

bblumbee: hmmm... i will be in the UK in December on vacation... HINT HINT HINT! lol

H8Monga: I guess I don't count... I'm the LaToya Jackson of the family (for lack of a better analogy and a male one at that)...

AnonyMs: If we were to meet in New Orleans during Mardi Gras, no one would even give us a second glance... or Daytona during bike week... or even possibly Las Vegas...

Is this turning into a serious discussion of having an official lpsg meet?

<begins to dust off old threads looking for the money-making ideas sammygirly and I have dreamed up - we will make a mint!>

Javierdude22: It could be very cool indeed, but i can undertand Dirk's bug.

Me personally, i think bilateral meetings are best. Hell, i even have trouble getting a trip to anywhere with my own frineds together, let alone with so many people, from a lotta places, that you don't fully know yet.

So i think that if you really wanna talk or whatever with someone, it's best to organise is amongst yourselves.
But of course...most will be organised in the US...oh well, i'm there now and then.

Laterz

throb919: [quote author=Javierdude23 link=board=meetgreet;num=1056956808;start=0#17 date=07/01/03 at 14:52:47]
Me personally, i think bilateral meetings are best.
But of course...most will be organised in the US...oh well, i'm there now and then. [/quote]
JavierDUDE! You sure you're ready to tackle bilateral and bisexual...? Careful, buddy... ;-)

7x6andchg: Nony's point is well taken - there are locales here in the US where noone would notice us at all - and if they did, we might even garner a few new members...

Hmmm....

7x6&C