The jars of peanut butter

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Northland, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Northland

Gold Member

Many times it sits for days, begging to be eaten. Thick, crunchy peanut butter, sweltering away in its oils, asking for a gentle swirl from a knife or a visit from a spoon. Peanut butter begging to be layered on a freshly toasted English muffin...

...peanut butter, pleading to have melted dark chocolate drizzled over and then refrigerated allowing it to harden...

...peanut butter, singing to me in the early hours of evening asking to dance with the lady with the hole in her stockings and yes, even be spread upon her waiting breasts and eaten away (smooth works better for this)...

....peanut butter, taunting, torturing and tormenting me as it slips into my beard, and refuses release...

...peanut butter, moving towards the apple slices and the crackers, planning on an unprincipled orgy with them...

Which of my 4 jars shall I open first?

(and apologies and sympathies to those with peanut allergies)

2. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    Alll praises to George Washington Carver for taking an African staple west. If they are the kind which is made from 100% peanuts, you are doing your body a great favor by consuming as much as you can hold in place of other fats. They are comparable to olive oil in saturation. They are also high in vital proteins.

In short, open them all. Try it hot on pasta, mixed with ketchup and Tabasco.

3. josh20hung

josh20hung Active Member

I feel like peanut butter should be in a margarine container .. not the current one it's in now!

4. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hopefully one of them is a jar of Smucker's Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter. If you haven't tried it, do. At room temp it's very runny, so I keep mine in the fridge and thaw when needed.

5. concupisys

concupisys Active Member

i'll have to try that PB with dark chocolate thing.... that ingredient combination is probably the greatest ever....

no wait.... dark chocolate and ginger is; but PB and chocolate come in a VERY close second....

6. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

One of my favorite recipes...

Peanut Butter Bars

Ingredients:
    2 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
    1 1/4 cup peanut butter
    2 Tablespoons of peanut butter (in addition to PB above)
    1 cup butter, melted (for best taste, do not use spread)

12oz bag semisweet chocolate chips
    3 to 3 1/4 cups powdered sugar

Directions:
    In a bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, peanut butter and melted butter. Press mixture into 9x13 inch pan. Slowly melt chocolate chips over a double boiler or in the microwave, stirring occasionally. Add 2T peanut butter to chocolate, mix well. Spread melted chocolate/PB mix over the PB/crumb mixture.

Chill for a bit then cut before fully set (if you prefer to serve on a platter, such as for a party), or chill until ready to serve and cut with knife dipped in hot water. Refrigerate remaining bars. If transporting bars at room temperature, separate with plastic wrap.

Adapted from this recipe found online...
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe-Tools/Print/Recipe.aspx?RecipeID=15092&origin=detail&servings=24

#6 B_talltpaguy, Jun 25, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  7. molotovmuffin

Gold Member

Gadzooks! Cheating on me!:wink:

8. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    Peanut Butter is the bomb!!!

Funny to see this thread because just this morning I was craving peanut butter, so I made some of my African Peanut Soup. (One of the recipes for my up and coming cook book).

African Peanut Soup to Die For:
    =====================
    Serves 4 - 6 (depending on the size of the bowls)

Pan-toast a rounded teaspoon of cumin seeds in a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat, no oil or water (stir occasionally)

While the cumin seeds are toasting, chop:

-- One large onion
    -- One large red bell pepper (sweet capsicum)
    -- Three or four large carrots

By now, the cumin seeds should be several shades darker -- DO NOT BURN THEM!! Throw the above vegetables into the pot with the cumin seeds.

Add 1/2 cup of your favorite peanut butter (preferably not the hydrogenated kind) Add a couple spoons more of peanut butter if you don't mind the calories. ;-)

Stir and let the above mixture sweat while adding the remaining ingredients:

-- 2 - 3 large garlic cloves, minced
    -- 1 - 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced (use 2 tbsp if you like things spicy)
    -- 1 cup coconut milk
    -- 1 can (14 - 15 oz) chopped or sliced tomatoes
    -- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
    -- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
    -- 1 - 2 cups water
    -- 1 rounded teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
    (or any other HOT pepper preparation)

Then add as many of the following spices as you have on hand. (If you have all these spices, the soup will have a more complex flavor)

-- 1 teaspoon Madras curry
    (or any other high quality curry powder)
    -- 2 teaspoons Garam Masala
    (or 1/2 tspn cinnamon and 1/2 tspn nutmeg)
    -- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
    -- 1 teaspoon ground cardamon

Cover and cook on medium low for 30 - 40 minutes on medium low heat, until vegetables are tnder. I prefer to cook this in a pressure cooker, which only takes 6 minutes. I'm an instant gratification kind of girl.

-- Add salt to taste
    -- Add more "heat" (hot pepper flakes or whatever you're using) if desired.

This is one of those soups that tastes even better the next day.

#8 Not_Punny, Jun 25, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
Draft saved Draft deleted