The land of great stupids

Or I stopped going into that section because I got tired of the same themes/questions? I'm not even going to get into why there are an abundance of gay themed threads in Ask a Straight Man....
It's not Ask a Straight Question. But actually there are a ton of 'straight' threads in ASM you could engage with, maybe 'Licking her ass...' or 'pussy so tight your cock couldn’t get in' but no, you head straight to 'Under what circumstances will a straight guy let a guy suck his dick'. Why bore yourself or do you enjoy being triggered?

Roughly 40% of the threads on the first couple of pages of ASM have gay themes but after that it falls off a cliff. The reason those threads come up the order is because people keep commenting in them and it's self-perpetuating. Ironically it's straight men continually huffing and puffing that helps to keep them going.

Ignore them and they'll die off. Believe me, if threads like 'ever hanker after hot pussy' turned up in Ask a Gay Man they'd get little traction and would soon disappear. I doubt anyone would give a toss.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to 'defend' your sexuality against a non-existent slight. Straight tastes are entertained and catered for 24/7 in the real world. So you come to a site like this, buzzing with cock and gay/bi men, so you can complain about how it disrespects your sexuality. That's quite weird actually.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
It's not Ask a Straight Question. But actually there are a ton of 'straight' threads in ASM you could engage with, maybe 'Licking her ass...' or 'pussy so tight your cock couldn’t get in' but no, you head straight to 'Under what circumstances will a straight guy let a guy suck his dick'. Why bore yourself or do you enjoy being triggered?

Roughly 40% of the threads on the first couple of pages of ASM have gay themes but after that it falls off a cliff. The reason those threads come up the order is because people keep commenting in them and it's self-perpetuating. Ironically it's straight men continually huffing and puffing that helps to keep them going.

Ignore them and they'll die off. Believe me, if threads like 'ever hanker after hot pussy' turned up in Ask a Gay Man they'd get little traction and would soon disappear. I doubt anyone would give a toss.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to 'defend' your sexuality against a non-existent slight. Straight tastes are entertained and catered for 24/7 in the real world. So you come to a site like this, buzzing with cock and gay/bi men, so you can complain about how it disrespects your sexuality. That's quite weird actually.

As someone who only reads in that section 99% of the time, I have to disagree one of the things you said here. Yes, there are other threads that a straight man could focus on and just let the ones they aren't interested in die. I agree with that completely. What I don't agree with, that it's only straight men keeping those conversations going. I see plenty of comments bumping threads from bi/gay men who are disputing the fact that straight men truly don't ever find men sexually attractive. I'm just being honest.

Straight men's preferences are catered to all the time. That doesn't mean that members here who happen to be straight men should be called liars. It happens, and we can all read it. Most of the straight men who participate in those sections aren't homophobic in their responses. They're just being honest. Maybe the people who won't stop posting those questions should just read the threads that already exist and take the time to realize that they're basically asking to have people call them out. The same thing happens in AAW, and people end up thinking we're stuck up bitches. I'm perfectly fine with that, because if that's the conclusion they came to they clearly weren't interested in an actual exchange of ideas/opinions on the first fucking place.

As someone who only reads in that section 99% of the time, I have to disagree one of the things you said here. Yes, there are other threads that a straight man could focus on and just let the ones they aren't interested in die. I agree with that completely. What I don't agree with, that it's only straight men keeping those conversations going. I see plenty of comments bumping threads from bi/gay men who are disputing the fact that straight men truly don't ever find men sexually attractive. I'm just being honest.

Straight men's preferences are catered to all the time. That doesn't mean that members here who happen to be straight men should be called liars. It happens, and we can all read it. Most of the straight men who participate in those sections aren't homophobic in their responses. They're just being honest. Maybe the people who won't stop posting those questions should just read the threads that already exist and take the time to realize that they're basically asking to have people call them out. The same thing happens in AAW, and people end up thinking we're stuck up bitches. I'm perfectly fine with that, because if that's the conclusion they came to they clearly weren't interested in an actual exchange of ideas/opinions on the first fucking place.
Yep, points taken. It's definitely not only straight men perpetuating those threads. And I get that it's annoying to have your sexual preference called into question or denied. I still think tactically it's best to ignore the questions that don't apply to you rather than giving them oxygen. After all, plenty of straight identified guys on this site do seem open to gay/bi experiences so maybe just think the question applies to them, not me, and give it a miss or just say 'not my bag'?

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Yep, points taken. It's definitely not only straight men perpetuating those threads. And I get that it's annoying to have your sexual preference called into question or denied. I still think tactically it's best to ignore the questions that don't apply to you rather than giving them oxygen. After all, plenty of straight identified guys on this site do seem open to gay/bi experiences so maybe just think the question applies to them, not me, and give it a miss or just say 'not my bag'?

I suppose that's part of the argument, the straight men who don't have any kind of homosexual experiences/desires get lumped in with those who have.

There's an argument for either position (pun intended:p) There are those who argue that it's not anyone's place to tell someone how to label themselves. I can totally understand that argument. Then on the other side, there's the argument that language matters, and we have these terms for a reason. It's the fault of society for hearing the terms "gay" or "bisexual" and cringing, so people avoid those labels and say that they are "straight" but have had homosexual experiences. I understand that argument as well. I find myself pushing for the idea that homo/bisexuality should just be accepted, once an for all.

This isn't reality yet. Keeping an open mind and reminding ourselves that it's a heavily nuanced topic is necessary. :)

Reactions: liquiss and Enid

suppose that's part of the argument, the straight men who don't have any kind of homosexual experiences/desires get lumped in with those who have.
OK but why is that a problem? Most accept that the term gay includes men who've had heterosexual experiences/desires, almost every gay man I know has had some heterosexual experience. So why does the straight male category require special protection, greater purity?

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure

ok so just wanna ask, are nearly half the questions in the ask a gay man forum about badgering gay men if they might secretly be into pussy if XYZ happened?

because that is disrespectful in either form.

liquiss

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Just be be clear, I'm hardly triggered. This is a thread dedicating to laughing at stupid questions and comments being asked or posted on these boards. The regular reference to straight men not actually being straight fits in perfectly with this thread. I don't know why you're offended or feeling the need to challenge me on that, or to try to instigate an argument like you did with your initial comment "calling me out". That said, I'm more than happy to defend my position in any and all cases anywhere that I post. So lets do that, shall we?

The comment about it not being Ask a Straight Question is ironic, because I said exactly those words in another thread in that section, which I answered. That still doesn't change the fact that there's a deluge of threads and comments about being actually gay in reality, and for a short period of time, I indulged them. Every single one of my comments was in no way homophobic or inappropriate, I merely stated the truth. If you're a straight man, under 0 circumstances are in interested in a blowjob from another guy, or wanking with your friends, or eating someone else's cum. If you are interested in any of those things, all the power to you! You're just not straight. It's an extremely simple concept. There's no offence there, unless you make some up.

I do however find it interesting that you've used the last paragraph of the above quoted comment to try and imply that I feel slighted, or I'm a champion of the straight man and somehow offended. If I went into a Ford forum, and started asking about under what circumstance my Ford F150 become a Chevy, wouldn't you expect some people to answer, "Under no circumstance"?

Finally, I know you've liked comments from other people challenging my views. It's happened a number of times. I also know, that for some reason you've decided to come in here and try to paint me as homophobic or a bigot. You've "tracked" my posts in one section of this forum and then tried to slander my character as a result of those posts. If you've tracked anything other that what you've decided to be offended by, you'd have seen that I'm the first person to stand up for the rights of people. I don't care if your a woman, a child, a man, gay, bi, transgender, whatever. As long as you're not a douchebag, I'll gladly stand behind you. I'm happy to indulge in your witch hunt, but I can tell you with 100% certainty, you're wrong about your assessment of me.

Do the world a favour... stop looking for offense where there is none. There's enough of that shit going on already.

ok so just wanna ask, are nearly half the questions in the ask a gay man forum about badgering gay men if they might secretly be into pussy if XYZ happened?

because that is disrespectful in either form.
Well, my point was that it's 40% roughly on the first 2 pages partly because of the attention it gets from straight men, but overall the percentage is much much lower. If they engaged less with it, they'd see less of it.

But if 40% of the first 2 pages of AGM were asking gay men if they are secretly into pussy, you might get some pushback from the gold star gays but imo most would just go ‘meh, not interested' and look elsewhere. So they'd soon slip down the page and disappear.

liquiss

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OK but why is that a problem? Most accept that the term gay includes men who've had heterosexual experiences/desires, almost every gay man I know has had some heterosexual experience. So why does the straight male category require special protection, greater purity?

It doesn't. Who's calling for that? If your asking straight men if they're secretly gay, you're going to get straight men saying no. Why are you offended by that?

It doesn't. Who's calling for that? If your asking straight men if they're secretly gay, you're going to get straight men saying no. Why are you offended by that?
I'm not offended by that. How would you read that from what I've put? The greater protection/purity comes from 100% straight guys saying they can't share a sexual identity category with 99% straight guys who may have had incidental same sex attraction or experience.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual

Society is a piece of shit. I have acknowledged that more than almost anyone who regularly posts on this website at all.

How many of those gay men had those experiences because they felt like they had to for the sake of society not hating them or treating them differently? I don't have the numbers, but it's ridiculous to say it's the same thing.

I'm not talking about "protection". So I don't know why your asking me that question.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Well, my point was that it's 40% roughly on the first 2 pages partly because of the attention it gets from straight men, but overall the percentage is much much lower. If they engaged less with it, they'd see less of it.

But if 40% of the first 2 pages of AGM were asking gay men if they are secretly into pussy, you might get some pushback from the gold star gays but imo most would just go ‘meh, not interested' and look elsewhere. So they'd soon slip down the page and disappear.

The way you think they should react to the questions is your opinion. Clearly others don't agree.

I don't think you're going to convince anyone to go about everything the way you think they should. Just sayin...

Reactions: liquiss

liquiss

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not offended by that. How would you read that from what I've put? The greater protection/purity comes from 100% straight guys saying they can't share a sexual identity category with 99% straight guys who may have had incidental same sex attraction or experience.

Where did I say that?

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual

The reason they get irritated: their answers get dismissed. If a straight man says he has never even thought of having a homosexual experience they get told that they must be lying, or that they don't know until they tried.

I've seen it. Not rarely.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure

i feel like somehow this is saying the straight men who engage in these threads are "asking for it" if they feel riled up enough to respond. why does the ask a straight man forum have to have so many threads like this but the ask a gay man forum does not. i know you say it's essentially because the responders there won't tolerate it but i don't think the straight men are tolerating it much either.

i think good questions in either forum should be fostered but i do find i see a lot more of "hey straight man, would ya....." kind of things there than i ever see of that in ask a gay man.

Where did I say that?
“If you're a straight man, under 0 circumstances are in interested in a blowjob from another guy, or wanking with your friends, or eating someone else's cum. If you are interested in any of those things, all the power to you! You're just not straight. It's an extremely simple concept.”

You won't share your 100% straight category with a guy who has had some even incidental same sex experience/ desire. It's a protected space. I'm happy to share my gay identity space with guys who've had some heterosexual experience.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
@hunghorse30 .. it isn't like your points are completely invalid. Generally, yes. Gay men have to deal with what straight men are into everywhere they go. I do think it's overbearing. I'm a woman. Don't you think I get sick if seeing my gender over sexualized for these fuckers?

My only point is that having gay men try to convince straight men that actual heterosexual preferences don't exist is understandably annoying in this particular site. We're supposed to be accepting. That includes straight men who don't have any interest in homosexual sex at all.

liquiss

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i feel like somehow this is saying the straight men who engage in these threads are "asking for it" if they feel riled up enough to respond. why does the ask a straight man forum have to have so many threads like this but the ask a gay man forum does not. i know you say it's essentially because the responders there won't tolerate it but i don't think the straight men are tolerating it much either.

i think good questions in either forum should be fostered but i do find i see a lot more of "hey straight man, would ya....." kind of things there than i ever see of that in ask a gay man.

But as a straight man you can't comment on it in the ask a straight man section, or else you're being offensive. Which is why I don't even click into that section anymore. It's ridiculous.

Reactions: Enid

I don’t think I'm saying the responders won’t tolerate it but that it wouldn’t interest or offend them so much, so it would die a natural death.

liquiss

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
“If you're a straight man, under 0 circumstances are in interested in a blowjob from another guy, or wanking with your friends, or eating someone else's cum. If you are interested in any of those things, all the power to you! You're just not straight. It's an extremely simple concept.”

You won't share your 100% straight category with a guy who has had some even incidental same sex experience/ desire. It's a protected space. I'm happy to share my gay identity space with guys who've had some heterosexual experience.

You're on a witch hunt dude. Get a grip. I'm saying that a 100% straight male isn't interested in a gay encounter. What does that have to do with any of the bullshit you're spewing right now? Under what circumstance is an apple an orange? When would Christmas be Easter?

Reactions: MisterB