The Laser Depilation really works???

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by Ren69, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Ren69

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I want to know if this really works..

For example if I get a laser depilation in my legs i never will have more hair grow in them???

Thanks...

2. novice_btm

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    It totally depends. If you have light skin, but dark hair, it works quite well. The hair needs to have pigment/colour to travel down the shaft to the follicle. There also needs to be low pigment in the skin, so that the pigment in the skin doesn't pick up the laser instead of the pigment in the hair. I know some people that have had miraculous results, and then others (with lighter hair/not enough contrasting pigment), that haven't really seen much difference.

3. talbhe

talbhe Member

novice btm is right. The best combination is very light skin with very dark hair, but even under the best conditions you will still be left with a small amount of very light fine hair that the laser will not be able to detect anymore. I do laser hair removal in Boston; the results are permanent and most people can lose anywhere from 60 to 90% of their hair

4. Ren69

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Thank you to both for the answers... I have white skin and dark hair in my legs... I feel nothing attractive in hair leg, is the only place I have hair and I hate it...

Thanks again :D

5. dj30905

dj30905 New Member

Albums:
    Same here with me. I've got light skin with dark hair. I've started on laser hair removal for the pubes and have noticed that it really does work. It will take about 2-3 treatments before you start to notice a difference, but it will work. I will give some advice: use whatever cream they give to numb the skin. A classmate had her legs lasered and she has nothing but good things to say. I've seen them and I agree.

#5 dj30905, Dec 2, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  6. MalakingTiti

Gold Member

Albums:
    My girl did it to her pubes. She is blonde and very fair skinned and it worked beautifully. Look at my gallery and judge for yourself.

7. D_Ukraine_Muhdik

D_Ukraine_Muhdik Account Disabled

I'd want to get my thighs, balls, perineum, butt cheeks/crack, lower back, upper arms, shoulders, and have a happy trail made.

8. talbhe

talbhe Member

you can certainly do all those areas... wherever there is hair, provided it's dark enough, you can do laser safely

9. B_willy5904

B_willy5904 New Member

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - Home in the States visiti
    Be prepared to spend some money, that much real estate won't be cheap. But my wife and I have found it was money well spent.

10. D_Ellerby Eatsprick

D_Ellerby Eatsprick New Member

So just to confirm to make sure I have my facts right...if I have laser hair removal, after 2 to 3 sessions, it'll be forever gone and I'll never have to shave again ? As in for the rest of my life- permanent? None of that no-hair for 6-8 week crap or 3 months crap ?

11. novice_btm

Albums:
    Again, it depends. I have one friend that had her legs done, and they're silky smooth. I have another friend, who had his back done, and he said it took 6-7 before he noticed even a slight difference. It depends on the individual, and there are too many variables for one stock answer.

12. B_elin

B_elin New Member

I've had it done, worked really really well.
    I had laser treatment at The Harley Medical Centre, really really good. I'd definitely recommend it to people, but it works best if;
    you have dark hair and light skin
    course hair
    A HIGH PAIN THRESHOLD

13. novice_btm

Albums:
    Yeah, also be VERY suspect of places that tell you they can do it on ANY kind of hair. I've had several places tell me that I'm a "good candidate", and then quickly sat me down for the pricing "packages". The place I finally tried told me up front, "I don't want to take your money and have you be unhappy. We can try it, and see if you get any results, but I'm telling you honestly, I don't think you're the ideal candidate." (the hair I wanted removed was a fine, lighter brown, on my shoulders and upper back, nothing too obnoxious, I just don't like it)

Pricing and area definitions... In Los Angeles, most places sell you a 5-pack, up front, and the ads that they suck you in with, have great quotes for "back", until you get there, then "back" means the two flanks on the lats. Then there's "neck", "upper back", "shoulders" and "lower back" to add to the "back" that most people envision. When I think "back", I include anything below the neck, and above the ass. Adding all of these areas together, then multiplying them by 5 (for their 5-pack), always ended up being within a few hundred dollars, higher or lower, of $3,000. When I travel, I found another place to go, and they charge me $150 for a session, and she does from my neck, down to my lower back, so; neck, shoulders, upper back, back, lats, and lower back. Since I'm fair-coloured, I notice that the hair has gotten finer, but hasn't gone away, like I've seen on other darker-haired friends. I've only had 4 sessions.

Draft saved Draft deleted