The last 48 hours or so

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ericsson1228d, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Ericsson1228d

Ericsson1228d Member

1.) Brown wins Kennedy Seat
    2.) Healthcare stalled or dead
    3.) Air America Bankrupt and off the Air
    4.) SCOTUS strikes down majority of McCain/Feingold (and makes Obama have a hissy fit)

2. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

5. Ericsson1228d squeals like a little bitch at the thought of his "good ol' boys" getting back in the White House.
    6. He also fails to know what reconciliation is, thinking that 41 is better than 51.
    7. The rest of us patiently wait for the partisan hack to crawl back in the fetal position and go back to sleep.

3. Ericsson1228d

Ericsson1228d Member

If you think the health care bill with pass with reconciliation, you are sadly misinformed.

The health care bill will not pass. And why? The Democrats have the majority and the white house. Hmmm... Oh, it's because they are more concerned with their kickback schemes and refusing to recognize shitty and fiscally irresponsible legislation.

NO excuse for no health care reform. They have the numbers in Congress, they have the White house. They can try to lay blame on the "party of no" as they call it, but the fault of this failure lies squarely on their shoulders.

Can't blame Bush or the Repubs for this failure, the simple numbers don't support it.

The Democrats are completely impotent, even when they have control over both house and senate and the WH. EPIC FAIL.

PS> How much will Reid beg Obama to stay the fuck out of Nevada? LOL!!!

4. midlifebear

Gold Member

Gosh, Ericsson1228d, you sound cranky. More than usual, in fact. Is the medication wearing off? I'm sure you can get more.

Good luck with that.:smile:

5. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

I never said it would pass or not. Read what I state, and not speculate as to what I mean because you're always WRONG when you do.

Nice prediction. Too bad you have no clue as to whether or not it will happen. Now, will you put down the crystal ball?

Bullshit... :biggrin:
    With a country becoming more and more disgruntled by typical party politics, smart people are starting to pay attention to the actual individuals who are causing the problems. Of course that would include the party of no because they have been adamantly voting against the Health Care Bill for no other reason but to bring down Obama, but it would also include Lieberman and the Blue Dog / Conservi-Dems that also held out for their own special interests. If Health Care Reform fails, it would affect BOTH parties in such a way that even you, the official LPSG Conservative Fanboy, wouldn't even see coming. Your extremely narrow-minded scope only allows you to see things in binary. You honestly believe that if the Democrats lose, the Republicans win. Even a "dirty lib" like me knows you have to be REALLY STUPID to believe that these days.

Only an idiot would continue to see this as a Democrat/Republican issue. Then again, you still think 41>51 so why am I not surprised? :rolleyes:

Bullshit again... :biggrin:
    Senator Brown already did part of the math for us, or did you forget already? Here, lemme remind you... "Forty-one! Forty-one! Forty-one! Forty-one!" Sounds familiar? :rolleyes:

Reid's approval rating in Nevada right now is barely above 30%, and he brought that scrutiny all on himself with the way the Senate handled Health Care. Right now, Obama could go there, run for his seat and win it himself. If things don't turn around, he's going to lose even without you going there with a pair of confederate-colored knee pads, sucking off every Neocon and teabagger and letting them jizz on your clothes Lewinsky style.

Have you figured it out yet, you blinded, partisan hack? The game is much deeper than your brain could ever embrace. :rolleyes:

6. Ericsson1228d

Ericsson1228d Member

The game is just the process. Look at the results. Sorry you aren't liking them.

7. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

And it's still going.

Democrats = 59
    Republicans = 41

Are YOU looking? :rolleyes:

I'm not? LOL!!!
    I never drank the "60 vote" Kool-Aid, stupid. Anyone with a brain knows you only need 51 votes to pass a bill. Too bad your belligerent stupidity prevents you from looking at political issues from many different angles beyond a bunch of zeros and ones. But we shall see what happens... even if it fails, it'll be great to see a bunch of idiotic politicians try to explain themselves.

#7 B_VinylBoy, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  8. Jay1074

Jay1074 Active Member

Albums:
    Pelosi herself said today that there weren't enough votes in the House to pass the Senate version of the HC bill in it's current form. She's no longer in a "rush" and it's doubtful the Senate will attempt a reconciliation. You'd have to be way stupid to try that stunt now and even some Democratic strategists are warning against it.

True to form you liberal instigators resort to ad hominem attack when your leftist world view is challenged or your responses lack merit.

9. midlifebear

Gold Member

:biggrin1: Just because I can jack off with both my right AND left hands does not mean my world view is challenged or my responses lack merit. Neener, neener, neener. :biggrin1:

10. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    It's a shame that these "patriotic" "americans" would rather see this country burn than have a democratic president succeed.

11. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Pelosi, by herself, doesn't run things. She has her opinion and many others have theirs. There's still many others out there who still want to see the bill go to reconciliation. So sorry that you were so quick you shoot your partisan load, but until the bill actually is voted down, suggesting otherwise makes you look like a complete, partisan idiot. Also, you must be even more stupid to bypass simple dictionary meanings of elementary level words in order to launch a bullshit political attack. Since when does doubtful equal a no? :rolleyes:

I'd tell you to go suck it, but your ASCII does a perfectly good job.

Look at my scribe again, shit for brains.
    If you can read it and only see leftist, then you may want to try getting your head out of your conservative ass and pay fuckin' attention.

12. sargon20

Gold Member

Yes this has been a great week for the sad fuck neo-cons. Once again they've dealt a crippling blow to the common good and the common man and helped tremendously the corporations and the elite. It's been one non-stop orgasm I'm sure. The Bush Administrations gifts just keep on giving. And while the OP cheers them on, he is clueless as to what's been lost. More people will die (they were poor anyway so we don't care about them) and corporations can now buy elections (we love that). Now if we can only bomb Iran and make Fox News Faux News Fixed News the only 'news' source in the country that would make the week.

#12 sargon20, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  13. HUNGHUGE11X7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
    Verified:
    Photo

5. AMERICAN DEMOCRACY is the benefit of a HUGE HEAPING PILE OF SHIT !!!!

HH

14. HUNGHUGE11X7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
    Verified:
    Photo

YES they do but I really have a feeling in the next month we are gonna see a tremendous blow dealt to Corporate America.
    It is a known fact that Corporations thrive under a Repugnican Administration but American citizens thrive under a Democratic Administration & I can't help but think it will be the same under OBAMA !
    It would have been already had they not had to do clean up on the miserable fukin failure of the previous fascists moronic UN-PATRIOTIC administration while saving our National not to mention Global economy from financial collapse !!!
    OBAMA can be quite a hardass and up until now has been too placatory but I have a feeling the gloves are about to come off & he is gonna show he has some balls afterall and not be this centrist in search of Bi-Partisanship but rather exert the true mandate we gave him last year !
    The reason his numbers are down is NOT b/c of the racist teabaggers but his base feeling alienated and disappointed at the way he has practically bent over backwards for the whining obstructionists with the wounded party known as the GOP !

Yeah that is sadly the Repugnican motto "Ignorance is bliss" !
    Don't stress me out with making me THINK 4 myself but by all means please tell me what I should think !

HH

15. Ericsson1228d

Ericsson1228d Member

The bottom line is his dishonesty is catching up with him. Obama campaigned on tax cuts, but instead is pushing for new taxes. He vowed to cut spending, and go through the budget line-by-line - but instead, we are going to "spend our way out of this recession" <-- his words.

The president is completely discredited. He has zero political capitol, even within his own party.

The biggest problem is that those who *wanted so badly* to love Obama and the change he would bring are now completely pissed off at the "Washington as usual" manner of doing business. Let alone his lies and breaking almost every campaign promise.

Obama is losing his staunchest supporters - and that is why this past year is merely prelude to more disaster for him and the dems.

If Pelosi and Reid want to get re-elected, they should be on TV denouncing Obama and his policies, but that probably won't happen.

#15 Ericsson1228d, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  16. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Please find where he said that...
    That way, we can read his entire paragraph and not pay any attention to your obviously distorted rhetoric. And while you're doing that, here's another article that disagrees with you.

Bullshit... you're not even a Democrat so you don't know that answer. You can stop hatin' now, or at least trying to answer for everyone. Many people have reasons for being upset with the way things are being handled in Congress. However, he only has "zero political capitol" to people who never supported him from the beginning. That's people like YOU, and we all know that you do not matter.

Politifact disagrees with your assessment, as do most people with a brain. "Almost every campaign promise"? Really now...

Why don't you actually take the time and do the research before you open your mouth next time? I mean, I know you "want so badly" to hate the man, but don't resort to lying in order to convey that message. Even I have my gripes with Obama even though I still support him.

Bullshit... his approval rating remains high in the majority of states. Even in Massachusetts after Brown won the Senate seat (60%), or in Nevada where Reid looks like he may be getting the boot.

The backlash is due to the fact that the Democrats (with their majorities) are not getting the key issues taken care of. They have been able to push legislation through despite the opposition, but the big stuff (like Health Care) is still having a rough time. The individuals who are blocking progress (regardless of political affiliation) are getting shunned. You keep making the sane ol', partisan mistake that if one Democrat is effected that it somehow means that EVERY Democrat is.

ROTFLMAO! You really DO hate the man, don't you? Wow, you're about as bad as Trinity. Any relation? That's a perfect way to guarantee that they DON'T get re-elected. If you were a campaign manager, I'd fire you on the spot. :rolleyes:

Unless Health Care goes through, Pelosi & Reid are probably done. And unless Republicans can pull out a miracle, they're not going to win back majorities because their approval rating overall is actually WORSE than the Democrats. Should I say the "R" word again to get you all pissed off? And no, it's not "retard"...

There hasn't been a year more ripe for the picking for Independents if they even have the guts to run under that affiliation. Sadly, I don't think there are many politicians out there with the tenacity to do it and succeed. Even Scott Brown, a Republican who ran under their ticket to get funding, had to lie and say he was an independent during the special elections even though he sided with Republican stances on voting issues 96% of the time. Also, thanks to the five dolts on the SCOTUS, the flood gates have been opened to corporations to put as much money as they want behind any political causes or candidates. It's almost safe to say that we won't see a viable third party now unless Wal*Mart funded it. But I digress...

Anymore distorted rhetoric to straighten out? :rolleyes:

#16 B_VinylBoy, Jan 23, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  17. sargon20

Gold Member

The economy does far better under democratic presidents than republican ones. The neo-con wackos would have you believe otherwise.

The results are simple: Democratic presidents have consistently higher economic growth and consistently lower unemployment than Republican presidents. If you add in a time lag, you get the same result. If you eliminate the best and worst presidents, you get the same result. If you take a look at other economic indicators, you get the same result. There's just no way around it: Democratic administrations are better for the economy than Republican administrations.

The Washington Monthly

18. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

Yes, during Democratic administrations, Congress spends enormously on domestic programs. It gives a boost, sustainable or not, to the economy. The more money available to companies and consumers, the more they spend. It was in part, the reasoning behind the enormous stimulus package, and bank bailout. Congress did not anticipate that they'd need to be restrictive in the use of the money. They expected banks to make loans, and help stimulate the economy. Instead, the banks wrote off bad debt, aren't paying interest, and bought securities that give them a nice profit on the point spread. They are sitting pretty making tons of money, and not helping the nation create jobs.

#18 D_Bob_Crotchitch, Jan 23, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  19. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
    Right... and the bank bailout happened under a Democrat?

Oh wait, no, that was Bush. I admit he didn't look so much like the fiscally-responsible type, but he wasn't a Democrat.

20. Ericsson1228d

Ericsson1228d Member

Pfft. Yawn. I'm just enjoying the "democrat destruction" show. Did you see "Angry Obama" on the news yesterday? What a loser.

Draft saved Draft deleted