The last 48 hours or so

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You should ask more of your government than 'fixing some things.'

And they're trying to. At least I can acknowledge that.
You, on the other hand, are hoping everyone jumps on the bandwagon of hate all because it wasn't all taken care of in 2009.

Obviously, it is easy to glean from this and several other posts you have made recently, your expectations of government have fallen precipitously over the last year.

30 years.

Almost like a football coach that would be pleased if his players just showed up to practice.

Failed analogy.

When you expect mediocrity, that is exactly what you will get.

No, what you expected is what you thought everyone who supported Obama thought he had... a "magic wand". Remembered that rhetoric from 2008? I'm sure you do. It was more of a tell about your own fears instead of your political adversaries.

Do you think MLK, Jr., just tried to get a couple guys to quit fighting?

You think it only took him one year to do everything he's done? Again, another failed analogy.

Do you think Abe Lincoln just wanted to free a few slaves?

No... he didn't care either way. He just knew that it would stop the South from overly exploiting them for their labor and profit.

Do you think Bill Gates wanted to 'sell a few computers?'

He made an operating system and not a computer.

In the end, you can't always get what you want... but if you're smart, you'll get enough of it to satisfy you if you're not greedy. I wasn't expecting Obama to live up to every campaign promise, because he simply cannot do it. But he's trying to make progress, despite a few bumps in the road from adversaries with your kind of slighted mentality. Let's see what 2010 brings.

But I digress, so great to know that you based your political nonsense and partisan fears on other pieces of failed, distorted knowledge from history. What a way to discredit yourself! Bill Gates selling computers?! ROTFLMAO! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No... he didn't care either way. He just knew that it would stop the South from overly exploiting them for their labor and profit.

Horrible. Way to diminish an amazing and courageous quest.

He made an operating system and not a computer.

But I digress, so great to know that you based your political nonsense and partisan fears on other pieces of failed, distorted knowledge from history. What a way to discredit yourself! Bill Gates selling computers?! ROTFLMAO! :rolleyes:

He revolutionized the computer industry. He wouldn't have sold a single OS if people didn't buy computers. And nobody bought computers until he introduced DOS. So yes - Gates wanted people to buy computers.

goofball:rolleyes:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Horrible. Way to diminish an amazing and courageous quest.

That's the truth. Think past the bells, the whistles, the pretty lights and the symbolism and look at the real content. Nobody is diminishing what Lincoln did.

He revolutionized the computer industry. He wouldn't have sold a single OS if people didn't buy computers.

But he didn't make a computer. If Dell, Gateway and HP died today, Bill Gates would still make his money. That is because he made his OS in a variety of different ways so that it could be integrated with many other computerized items.

And nobody bought computers until he introduced DOS.

Half-truth. Even with the introduction of DOS, the average consumer was not buying computer systems. The OS was too cold and non-user friendly for the everyday family to use. Plus most machines were just too expensive. Only major companies were purchasing computers by that time.

So yes - Gates wanted people to buy computers.

Or cell phones, security systems, video game systems... or practically anything with a computer chip. Because the majority of it all used HIS software even if he made none of the hardware himself.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
And since you like their speeches so much, here's a little line from Jack, speaking on January 9, 1961:

"For of those to whom much is given, much is required."

I'd say those boys more than lived up to their obligations.
Too bad Jack and Bobby never got to reach their full potential.
You should give them credit.

That happens to be a paraphrase of the words of Jesus Christ.

Okay, I'll give JFK his due. He was facing possible impeachment proceedings because he gave General Dynamics a tank contract by executive order. They had broken into the abode of one of his mistresses who happened to have mob connections. He won the election because Sam Giancana of Chicago stole it for him. Giancana's own daughter spoke of seeing JFK in their house. She also narc'd on Frank Sinatra. She said more would be forth coming when the government declassified more records. If you watched the real networks over the years, you would have already seen the documentaries and interviews. Alas, you watch Ferkx news.
In reference to Bobby, he blocked the prosecution of CIA agent Robert Maheu at the CIA's request. Maheu was supposed to help enlist Giancana's help in assassinating Fidel Castro. Until the government declassifies something else, I can't tell you about his connection to the death of a certain celebrity. A cop who worked there told me about Bobby flying in the day before to make "arrangements".

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
^^^I nominate this as the least necessary thread resurrection of the month.

Though it is nice to see Skippy's OP proven so completely wrong regarding HCR.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
^^^ And I nominate it for most deflective and irrelevant response to a post ever.

Do those alleged misdeeds erase the substantial good that the Kennedys [and others of privilege] have done
on behalf of our country, society in general, and the poor and disenfranchised in particular?

Do they disprove my hypothesis that had Jack and Bobby not had their lives snuffed out so early,
they had the potential to do even greater things?

Is a paraphrase of scripture devoid of wisdom?

Last edited: