The last temptation of christ

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just watched the Last temptation of Christ movie and in my opinion is an excellent movie . The movie soundtrack rocks too . After searching on Internet about the movie ( before watching the film ) I learn that many people were upset about this movie . According to christian tradition Jesus was fully man and God and he was tempted in every way . All the scenes when Jesus marry magdalene and have kids and children with many woman until his old age were his allucinations on the cross . This actually make Jesus sacrifice more meaningfull because Jesus give up to live a happy long life like an ordinary man to save humans . In the end of the film Jesus returned on the cross and rejected Satan intention of living an alternative life . Also the cruxifiction scene is the most accurate portrayal of cruxifiction of all Jesus films . Jesus was nailed on the wrists naked like the real roman practice . What do you guys think of this film ?

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I haven't seen it. I didn't avoid it or anything - I just heard it wasn't that great a piece of work.

I never had a problem with its premise. Art is art. Heck, one of my favourite books in Behold the Man (Michael Moorcock).

Maybe I'll check it out some evening.

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I haven't seen it. I didn't avoid it or anything - I just heard it wasn't that great a piece of work.

I never had a problem with its premise. Art is art. Heck, one of my favourite books in Behold the Man (Michael Moorcock).

Maybe I'll check it out some evening.
It is a great film most critics reviewers gave favorable reviews but to watch this film one must have a open mind . It could offend some believers that don't understand that what happened in the film Jesus confusion about his life etc was only an allucination when he was on the cross . Also the film makers also clearly say on the beginning on the film that this is a fictional movie .

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
It is a great film most critics reviewers gave favorable reviews but to watch this film one must have a open mind . It could offend some believers that don't understand that what happened in the film Jesus confusion about his life etc was only an allucination when he was on the cross . Also the film makers also clearly say on the beginning on the film that this is a fictional movie .

Well of course it is a fictional fucking movie. Anyone dumb enough to believe that Scorsese (or anyone else involved) was trying to sell a new gospel deserves to be fucking offended.

I really don't understand the offence some Christians take at the Life of Brian or this film - Christ is a hugely important cultural figure in nearly every society on the planet at this stage, it's not surprising people want to use that image when creating art and telling stories, not surprising people want to explore the myth, even the taboos. If anything the explorations of the figure of the Christ down the ages can been seen more as a reflection of where society is at than any kind of an attempt to rewrite the gospel.

Also, if I, as a Christian, am offended or uncomfortable with an image of Christ presented in the media I can just not watch it / read it / etc.. The other day I came across a Youtube clip of a guy dressed as Christ (of the loin cloth / crown of thorns variety) disco strutting along a street singing "I will survive" - I found the disco gyrations coupled with the image of my Lord's suffering to be distasteful to me. So I turned it off. But I didn't post a negative comment and I didn't complain to the sight because that would be imposing my views on others.

Just FYI, it's 'hallucination' - Though having said that, your written English is improving :yup:, and it wasn't bad to start with :smile:

saxxa

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
The Last Temptation Of Christ is a great book by Nikos Kazanzakis and great movie directed by Martin Scorcese. Peter Gabriel did an incredible job on composing the soundtrack. Scorcese did a great job in translating the novel to the film.I highly recommend watching it.

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I just watched the Last temptation of Christ movie and in my opinion is an excellent movie . The movie soundtrack rocks too . After searching on Internet about the movie ( before watching the film ) I learn that many people were upset about this movie . According to christian tradition Jesus was fully man and God and he was tempted in every way . All the scenes when Jesus marry magdalene and have kids and children with many woman until his old age were his allucinations on the cross . This actually make Jesus sacrifice more meaningfull because Jesus give up to live a happy long life like an ordinary man to save humans . In the end of the film Jesus returned on the cross and rejected Satan intention of living an alternative life . Also the cruxifiction scene is the most accurate portrayal of cruxifiction of all Jesus films . Jesus was nailed on the wrists naked like the real roman practice . What do you guys think of this film ?

The movie's soundtrack is one of my favorite of all time, it's stunningly beautiful, it's Peter Gabriel's Passion and I highly suggest you get it and listen to it when relaxing, having a massage or giving one, or trying to fall asleep. Love it.

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The movie's soundtrack is one of my favorite of all time, it's stunningly beautiful, it's Peter Gabriel's Passion and I highly suggest you get it and listen to it when relaxing, having a massage or giving one, or trying to fall asleep. Love it.

O yes I have to buy the movie soundtrack is trully brillant.

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just brought the Criterion Last Temptation of Christ DVD . Wow it is amazing .