The last to know....

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Everyone has has one of those moments when you find out some piece of information that floors you, but everyone else seems to know about it already....right?

My latest is the rumor about Jamie Lee Curtis being a hermaphrodite. My neighbor mentioned something about it when we were watching Christmas with the Kranks last weekend. After much searching on Google, I can't find the truth for sure one way or the other. Even Snopes says it's undetermined.

fri2219

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There's a lot of cirumstantial evidence supporting it, like her sterility, facial features, and plastic surguries. The way I heard it, she wasn't a hermaphrodite, but had one of those extra sex chromosome issues. Since downs syndrome is the same sort of issue, I always thought it was why she adopted downs syndrome kids and did so much for related support groups.

(The former is a case of mosaicism, the latter is too many copies in all cells. If that doesn't make sense to you, check out the URL at the bottom)

Which is a major bummer, since had the major hots for her when I was a teenager- 20 years later, I still do, even though I know she's fairly fucked up physiologically. It helps that she also has the sort of personality and sense of humor I like in women, at least in public.

http://www.med.uc.edu/embryology/chapter1/updates/mosaic.htm&e=9797

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think the most credible rumor -- only a rumor -- is that she has some form of androgen insensitivity syndrome. Apparently it is not unheard of among actresses and models.

Karen M

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
GoneA said:
if it's any consolation ... you're no longer the last to have heard.
Now I suppose I'm officially the last. :( But wait 'til I tell my hubby! He's always had a the hots for her... This should be fun! :D

D_Dallavell Ogler

Just Browsing
Media
Ive heard this too. I actually had a prof. in college make reference to her as an example of a hermaphrodite that gets assigned a gender. He pointed out her masculine characteristics. He made it sound, at the time, like it was accepted fact. I looked it up a few years later to find out that it seems only to be a rumor.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Dr. Dilznick said:
Oddly enough, my latest was the rumor about Ciara being a hermaphrodite. Apparently it was just a rumor.
I keep hearing that one too, but I just don't see why. :confused:

jakeatolla

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have not heard of this rumor, but
a very similar one years ago was that
the actress who plays Ashley Abbott on
young and the restless was a hermaphrodite.
This lasted for years, and was finally dispelled.
But alot of people believed it