The latest boogyman: Salvia

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
While watching the local news last night I saw a piece bout Salvia and how my state legislators are rallying to ban it's sale. It made me feel old as I had no idea about its psychotropic effects and how 'those darn kids' are getting high off of it. I had some planted last year and would have smoked my front yard if i had known!! :tongue: (joking)

Does anyone know about or have experience with this stuff?

Is this really a social problem or yet another engineered social problem to distract us from the Bigger Picture? I just find it amusing that my local greenery could also be my dealer.

Last edited:

D_Tilly_De_Toilet

Experimental Member
Media
Just once for me. But on my short list of "drugs I've done" this is by far the most intense trip. A lot of people seem to have a negative reaction to it but my hallucinations were, for the most part, actually very enjoyable. That being said, I will most likely never do it again. It was fun, but having the world deconstructed and then reconstructed in front of your eyes while all of your senses are turned up side down is not something I want to put myself through again.

It seems like a happy meal where marijuana is a four course dinner.

Quite the opposite, marijuana is child's play compared to this stuff.

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Just once for me. But on my short list of "drugs I've done" this is by far the most intense trip. A lot of people seem to have a negative reaction to it but my hallucinations were, for the most part, actually very enjoyable. That being said, I will most likely never do it again. It was fun, but having the world deconstructed and then reconstructed in front of your eyes while all of your senses are turned up side down is not something I want to put myself through again.

Quite the opposite, marijuana is child's play compared to this stuff.

How trippy (pun intended) :rolleyes:

Serious though, it amazes me that it is available at Home Depot, Garden Ridge or any indie greenhouse, and has been for years and NOW it is a 'problem'!?! Are we seeing the first criminalization of certain behaviors driven by youtube videos?? That is what scares me...who needs Big Brother when we rat ourselves out on youtube, facebook, here lol..ect.

Last edited:

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What's wrong with 4 way windowpane? What? Nobody trips anymore?

It is to be used within a traditional shamanic Mazatec ceremony which none of these kidz listening to T-Pain while playing Guitar Hero have.

It will cure your disease but only if it is magical, like "lamb's belly"...

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
My dear old mormon grandmother always kept an amazing flower garden as well as an astonishing vegetable garden. One of the major spectacles in her front yard were waist-high poppies in various mixed colors of red/white/purple/pink, but mostly all white. One day she woke up and discovered the local police department in peaceful American Fork, Ewetaw, had raided her yard earlier that morning and torn out al of the poppies, including oriental perennial varieties. Her front yard looked as those the army had plowed through. She received a visit from the Chief of Police, her next door neighbor, who explained that the poppies were illegal and had to be confiscated.

She put the word out and got an army of her grandchildren to dig, rake, and fill in her front yard with flats of annuals.

The next year she bought a bottle of poppy seeds from the local supermarket (they all sell them) and scattered the seeds among her other self-sewing annuals. The police never bothered her again. The myth is that the poppy seeds sold in stores are "irradiated" so they won't germinate. Another myth is that the seeds are not papaver somniferum from the same variety grown in such vacation destinations as Afghanistan. Neither are true. :smile:

Last edited: