The Latest George Michael Flap

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by simplystephen, Jul 24, 2006.

1. simplystephen

simplystephen New Member

Hey people. This is definitely a gay issue and definitely NOT a large penis issue, so that's why I put it here. I'm just curious about your thoughts. George Michael was caught in the bushes in the park with his pants down... literally. Here's the story:

http://www.gay.com/news/article.html?date=2006/07/24/1&navpath=/channels/entertainment/celebrities/&from=homepage

And here's how I feel about it:

A few things have struck me about this whole mess (and yes, it is a mess)

1) Speaking as an American with internet access, a couple seconds, minutes, hours, whatever, spent online and fifty bucks TO BUY A FUCKING HOTEL ROOM will get you exactly what you need.

2) If you want to fuck in public, there are BATHHOUSES for that kind of thing. That said, I haven't done any research to know for 100% if Londoners have bathhouses, but I have a sneaking suspicion you do. But if you don't...

3) HAVE A FUCK PARTY IN YOUR OWN FUCKING HOUSE! Fucking invite the neighbors! Pass out fliers in the Gay Ghetto... "FUCK FEST AT GEORGIE'S HOUSE 9PM. BRING LOTSA LUBE AND A FISTFUL OF CONDOMS!" Regardless if we're rich or poor, most of us have a roof over our heads. George Michael surely does. He also has a lot of nice things in his house. He may not want to get those things broken or stolen, so here's another idea...

4) RENT A FUCKING SPACE FOR THE NIGHT! Or, if you don't have Miss Michael's money, see option #1. A few seconds minutes, hours online and I'll bet you could round up enough people to chip in to buy a hotel room for the night.

Having said all that, I will say this: I have spent many a night cruising local area parks around town. Too many to recollect, if I'm being completely honest. However as I get older (I'm all of 33) I'm starting to get over it. But wait, I'm not done with Georgie just yet...

5) Beauty is in the sight of the beholder. So George wanted a little older man action. Raise your hand if you've never had a guy that was older than you. And it's completely unfair to call that guy ugly. No, I haven't seen his picture, but he obviously had what George wanted and needed at that moment. And let me just say for the record Georgie is certainly not the pin up boy he used to be. So that, dear friends, is a two way street.

6) GAY CULTURE. So is it straight culture when hetero people go to the park and have sex? If it is, I stand corrected. If not, then STOP USING THAT PHRASE TO DESCRIBE EVERY ACT (SEXUAL OR OTHERWISE) GAY PEOPLE DO!!! It's a cop out and gets under my skin. Not everything we gays do is part of our culture. And STOP SPEAKING FOR EVERYBODY ELSE! I would have respected him so much more if he had just said, "I got high and went to the woods for a wank with a weezer." That way HE'S taking responsibility for HIS actions, and not blaming HIS actions on our community as a whole.

One more thing before I blow my load...
    7) George Michael has been in the news a LOT lately, and unfortunately it's been for all the wrong reasons. And the truth of the matter is he's been in the news not for things that have happened to him that are out of his control, but for things he has complete control over. (Getting high and slumped over in his car. Getting high and ramming his car into parked vehicles. Going to the park and getting freaky with an old guy. All things, if at the beginning of the day he said, "You know what? Not today." would have never happened.) He is either on a path of destruction and doesn't care, OR he's been crying for help and we've been too busy pointing our fingers and wagging our heads and tsk tsk tsking in shame to hear him. I pray for his sake, it's the latter. I pray that somebody close to him let's him know that he's being heard and now instead of giggling behind his back or screaming "SHAME ON YOU!!!" to his front, they're gonna help him help himself.

And now that I've blown my load on this topic, I'm wondering what you all think about it? :biggrin1:

2. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:
    dude, this isn't a gay issue. this is a "george michael is a dumb ass who puts himself in these sitches" issue

3. Nelly Gay

Nelly Gay New Member

George Michael's career and life are in freefall !
    He looks much older than 42.
    I was annoyed by his closeted attitude in the 1980s.
    WE all knew about George's true sexuality.
    Like Freddie Mercury he was, and still is, in denial.

4. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

George enjoys going back to his 'roots.'

5. Matthew

Gold Member

Did you hear Older?

Pretty good CD.

Draft saved Draft deleted