The Latest McCain Spiel

Discussion in 'Politics' started by b.c., Nov 2, 2008.

1. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    For weeks now McCain has been tossing around that "share the wealth" "redistribution of the wealth" bullshit, as if some campaign adviser told him "Keep repeating it, senseless babble or not. If you say it often enough they'll believe it". The purpose of which (of course) is to create in the minds of those so easily persuaded by such mindless race-baited drivel images of hoards of unemployed, homeless, “welfare people” just waiting to get their hands on your money.

Never mind that Obama's plan is acknowledged by even conservative economists to be a sound one, never mind that it'd benefit most middle class Americans (earning less than 250 thou., they say), never mind that McCain's plan is in FACT NO PLAN, because he's never offered one - except to suggest (in one debate) that Bush's tax plan (the one that gives the biggest breaks to the wealthiest few) should remain unchanged.

Now McCain’s latest shtick is that the media has been unfair to him...has been out to get him and has favored Obama from the start. Furthermore, their latest messages proclaim that "a vote for McCain is a vote for America." WTF???...if one votes for Obama one is UN-American?? Is that the general idea??

I think, folks, a vote for America will the day we say "fuck you" to the political pundits, the ad men, the campaign managers who have belabored us with ads and tactics of race baiting, stereotyping, code wording, demonizing demagoguery - those who have taken the lowest of roads to get to the top - those who would insult our intelligence and play us so cheaply as to think us easily influenced by such tactics.

The day that America tells those people that such bullshit won't "wash", and that we expect political discord and dialogue on a much higher level will INDEED be the day we "vote for America".

2. D_Chocho_Lippz

D_Chocho_Lippz Account Disabled

I don't know about this here...

3. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes I am aware that has been some discussion about some of the economists referred to in some of Obama's ads. The Heritage group in particular is contesting the ads.

Fact is though Hederman (of the Heritage Foundation) actually stated that the middle class would likely pay LESS under Obama's plan than McCain's though he added the plan was reliant on complicated tax breaks that would make the code (in his opinion) "more confusing". (And heaven knows, we sho can't figure out complicated tax codes. Nosireee!)

btw, Obama campaign people also stated that the Heritage Foundation was not the the only group referenced in the ad.

4. dreamer20

Gold Member

Of course we expect that from the Trinitys, but I'll take the political discourse instead.:biggrin1:

5. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

McCain is complaining about the media treating him unfairly?
    Is it the media's fault he ran a horrible campaign?
    Is it the media's fault he chose Palin as a VP candidate?
    Is it also the media's fault he chose to center his campaign around Joe "The Plumber"?

Remember, this is the same media that took Hillary Clinton apart piece by piece in the Primary. So this is not a liberal or conservative issue as much as many pro-McCain people will try to say. McCain's Presidential Campaign was conducted horribly. He deserves all the scrutiny and the criticism that comes with it.

6. Mr Ed in Mass

Gold Member

Massachusetts,The most corrupt of the 57 states.
    According to the latest Dem speeches,that 250k is now down to 120,000.

7. D_Chocho_Lippz

I know nothing about who said what. Politics and media outlets will spin it however they please.

Bottom line for me is that ever since we started paying taxes in 1913, we have paid a lot and gotten very little in return. I am not confident that whether we raise taxes or lower taxes... or... create more social programs or take them away... that we will solve anything. In other words, no matter at what level, taxes make us slaves. I don't trust a new President (even with Obama's "change" talk) will do anything less bureaucratic than a GWB government.

8. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    No, I meant "discord". I said discord and dialogue (the latter being synonymous with discourse).

I don't mind political disagreement. It is the nature of what makes this a democracy. There can be disagreement and agreement to disagree.

So long as it is based on ideas and ideology rather than (as I said) demagoguery. If McCain had campaigned on these higher principles I'd have a whole lot more respect for him. Instead he took the low road and conducted a campaign that appealed to the lowest in man.

I wouldn't let him squeegee my windshield at a frekin' stoplight.

#8 b.c., Nov 2, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  9. Notaguru2

Gold Member

How can the media be unfair when he and Palin decide to not speak with the press of 6 out of the last 8 weeks? lol Joh, take your geritol and go back to bed... ffs

10. D_Chocho_Lippz

Add two others...
    (1) The politicians themselves. All of them tapdance the issues and ignore us when we ask.
    (2) Our neighbors. What is our voting turnout at? And how many people out there are completely politically uneducated and just vote party lines?

With that said, I don't think we will see much change in 2009... We need to hold our politicians accountable and also open our minds up past D's and R's. Until then, I truly think it is going to be "politics as usual."

11. sargon20

Gold Member

Joe-The-Plumber has given more interviews than Palin. And we certainly can understand why.

Draft saved Draft deleted