The Lord Pendragon Appreciation ThreaT!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by fortiesfun, Feb 8, 2007.

1. fortiesfun

Gold Member

This is NOT an appreciation thread.

Repeat, NOT!

Lord Pendragon is so charmingly old (world) school that he still enjoys cricket, and would find a praise thread embarrassing.

I would never do such a thing to him. Probably.

This is, instead, an appreciation threaT.

This is where you should post (properly using the subjunctive) what you might say IF an appreciation thread were ever to be started in his honor.

Fear not that you might go over the top. Heap it on. This is NOT real praise, and he will feel no embarrassment whatsoever. It is merely a speculative thread in which we collectively imagine what we might say if he continues to defy (yea, even mock) me!

2. D_Sheffield Thongbynder

Nothing would make my day more complete than to pile unwanted praise onto our cricket-loving friend. :wink: LP, your wit and and willingness to share yourself have made many days brighter and caused me to spew coffee more often than I care to admit. You have charmed most of LPSG's ladies and captivated the rest of us. If we could only do something about your wardrobe and sports... John

3. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    Were it an actual appreciation thread I might say that I thought so well of his attitudes towards people in general and women and sex in particular that I think the world would be fortunate if it were to become an airborne virus affecting every man.

But that's just what I might say, you know, if it were.

4. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    Don't forget his hair. He needs to fire his stylist. :tongue:

He knows exactly how well I think of him. No need for words here. :smile:

5. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

He is a priceless gem. A man of class and honor. I look foward to him every day !:smile:

6. Gisella

Gold Member

Lolo Gigolo...

:rambo:

7. rawbone8

Gold Member

Albums:
    John...

How do we love thee? Let me count the ways (in the words of the Bard)

"[Thou] leathern-jerkin, crystal-button, knot-pated, agatering, puke-stocking, caddis-garter, smooth-tongue, Spanish pouch!"

"[You] live in the rank sweat of an enseamed bed,
    Stew'd in corruption, honeying and making love ove the nasty sty!"

"Thou clay-brained guts, thou knotty-pated fool, thou whoreson obscene greasy tallow-catch!"

"I scorn you, scurvy companion. What, you poor, base, rascally, cheating, lack-linen mate! Away, you moldy rogue, away!"

"A knave, a rascal, an eater of broken meats, a base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited, action-taking, whoreson glass-gazing, superserviceable, finical rogue; one-trunk-inheriting slave; one that wouldst be a bawd in way of good service, and art nothing but the composition of a knave, beggar, coward, pander, and the son and heir of a mongrel bitch, one whom I will beat into clamorous whining if thou deniest the least syllable of thy addition."

"You starvelling, you eel-skin, you dried neat's-tongue, you bull's-pizzle, you stock-fish--O for breath to utter what is like thee!-you tailor's-yard, you sheath, you bow-case, you vile standing tuck!"

:biggrin1:

8. kalipygian

Gold Member

Albums:
    I might mention that I had a fondness for names in the extinct Cornish language.

9. B_cigarbabe

B_cigarbabe New Member

What rawbones said!:naughty:

10. Matthew

Gold Member

You'll eat those words when teenagers around the world start sporting neon pink spray-on bouffants.

Anyone remember the good old days when LP meant Long Play? :wink:

11. DaveyR

DaveyR Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

If I knew who you were talking about I would say how much of a charming wit he were but I don't so I can't.

12. dannymawg

Gold Member

If cornered, I would hazard to say LP has a refreshing ability to pack content and context in a post without verbosity. Though I have seen the filp side to this coin, as evidenced by rawbone8. And it's just as jolly and smelly as flatulence itself :biggrin1:

I have a feeling this got lost in the shuffle back in December - for you, m'lord... please note the chorus lyrics.

Props from an Ugly American. Are you afraid of Americans, LP? You should be. God is an American...

13. SassySpy

Gold Member

Albums:
    :cool: I would probably mention his great wit, with which he regales us daily in these forums- and I would likely, if I had to- say the fact that he is an enthusiastic muff diver does much to increase his appeal.
    I suppose I could be forced into saying that I find him incredibly charming, open, and honest- which are such endearing qualities.
    If pressed,(please press me!) I would have to say- I once proposed marriage to him, but he turned me down with such politeness I felt no rejection whatsoever!:eek:
    :tongue: Love ya loads LPD

14. agnslz

Gold Member

If I had the chance, I'd say how much I appreciate Lordpendragon's wit, smarts, and level-headedness. And I'd state my appreciation for his ability to be playful and jocular with us Yanks! I also would say how much I like him and his presence on this site. I imagine that I'd also make some sort of mention about his gallery, and about one pic in particular.:tongue: Oh yeah, I think I also would make mention of how much I've liked his siggies, and his "Muffjunkie" term in particular. And lest I forget, I'd also make mention of how much I love his "the staff are very friendly" location description!:biggrin:

Most of all, I'd probably just say what a great guy Lordpendragon is!:smile:

15. madame_zora

Gold Member

Oh, that grumbly old poof- I can't get enough of him.

16. dolf250

dolf250 New Member

Well, I have never once commented on a _____ appreciation thread. Were this an actual appreciation thread I would refuse to post and as such would not say that he is a fine gentleman with a great posting style. I would not say that I enjoy his wit and insight, nor would I tell him that I were thankful that he was a contributor to this board. Hell, if this WERE on of THOSE threads I would not even bother to say that I hope he stays around here long into the future.

No, I would stay away from this thread if it were, in fact, an appreciation thread.:biggrin1:

17. Lordpendragon

Gold Member

As this isn't an appreciation thread, I don't suppose I have to say thank you. But as today is particularly memorable because of a UK victory in one day cricket over the mighty Australia, I will admit that it is both humbling and exciting to be acknowledged by one's peers.

I will of course exact sweet revenge on all of you in my own good time :wink:

18. SassySpy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well I, for one, can hardly wait!!!:biggrin1:

19. Lordpendragon

Gold Member

In which case, you will have to wait the longest :eek: :biggrin1:

20. fortiesfun

Gold Member

Why am I completely unafraid?

Draft saved Draft deleted