The Lounge

Cicero77

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I know what you mean madame zora...although...I had a funny little thing happen to me yesterday which I can share with you all. You might find it incredibly dull, but hey ho. :D

I went into Marks & Spencers (it's a clothing and food store in the UK) and it was raining outside so as I went in I wiped my shoes on the mat at the entrance before walking on the shiny floor inside.

Well the old guy behind me watched me, stopped in his tracks and then like did exactly the same thing as me :D

Then the woman behind him comes in - sees the guy and does wipes her feet too. Well as I was walking away I looked back and like everyone that came in was queueing up to wipe their feet on the mat haha!

I felt like a god at that moment I tell ya. Like I'd spread some cosmic karma to help make the lives of the store cleaners a little easier... :)

Hey, after I'd gone the next guy in probly walked a ton of dogshit all over the store, but hey I did my best!

Anyone have anything like this happen to them?

Ian.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's awesome! Spread some good manners around, god knows we need them.

I can raise my right eyebrow and I've noticed that if I do it when I'm talking to people, they'll usually do it to, completely subconsciously. If you nod your head, the person you're talking to will too, it's hilarious how easily led people are.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
"I dunno why, kid, but everyone seems to love you" is what one of my managers told me. I got to thinking, and there's no one I work with that doesn't like me. I dunno why, I couldn't answer him.

"Even I like you, and I don't know why, can you tell me?"

No, actually, I can't. And even here, I'm pretty shure that like, no one hates me. Maybe disagrees with some of my views and all, but I doubt anyone hates me. Yah, bein random and junk.

Cicero77

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My dear Nixxy, that's because you have The X Factor :hug:

Ya can't explain it - it's like aura that some people have and others just...don't hehe.

Enjoy it matey.

Ian.

hippyscum

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by madame_zora@Oct 3 2005, 07:30 PM
That's awesome! Spread some good manners around, god knows we need them.

I can raise my right eyebrow and I've noticed that if I do it when I'm talking to people, they'll usually do it to, completely subconsciously. If you nod your head, the person you're talking to will too, it's hilarious how easily led people are.
[post=348502]Quoted post[/post]​

That tends to be a subconcious gesture that someone likes you. Take it as a compliment *nods head*

Cicero77

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
On this same subject guys, I tried staring up in the sky today for a while standing in the street and it still works a treat - like five or six people were all looking up too in succession to see what they were missing!

If ya did it long enough you could definitely get a little crowd going - then walk away n leave em! :evilgrin:

The olduns are the best aren't they. I think I saw that on an old Candid Camera show years ago :D

Ian.

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by hippyscum+Oct 6 2005, 10:26 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hippyscum &#064; Oct 6 2005, 10:26 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-madame_zora@Oct 3 2005, 07:30 PM
That&#39;s awesome&#33; Spread some good manners around, god knows we need them.

I can raise my right eyebrow and I&#39;ve noticed that if I do it when I&#39;m talking to people, they&#39;ll usually do it to, completely subconsciously. If you nod your head, the person you&#39;re talking to will too, it&#39;s hilarious how easily led people are.

That tends to be a subconcious gesture that someone likes you. Take it as a compliment *nods head*
[post=349319]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Are you sure about that??

**Raises eyebrow**

Alley Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by hippyscum+Oct 6 2005, 10:26 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hippyscum &#064; Oct 6 2005, 10:26 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-madame_zora@Oct 3 2005, 07:30 PM
That&#39;s awesome&#33; Spread some good manners around, god knows we need them.

I can raise my right eyebrow and I&#39;ve noticed that if I do it when I&#39;m talking to people, they&#39;ll usually do it to, completely subconsciously. If you nod your head, the person you&#39;re talking to will too, it&#39;s hilarious how easily led people are.

[post=349319]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Interesting&#33;
Personally I don&#39;t do this, but i&#39;m sure the mimicking "thing" happens all the time.

When I see something like this I normally wonder "why are they nodding their head" or "why did one eyebrow suddenly go up".

Alley Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Cicero77@Oct 7 2005, 06:52 PM
That means you are not a sheep Alley Blue hehe ;)

Cool eh?
[post=349716]Quoted post[/post]​

Very&#33;
:smoke:

Strangely enough, while I was reading GoneA post, my eyebrows just went up .......I think I just turned into a sheep :freak: :scared: :p

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by Alley Blue+Oct 7 2005, 06:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alley Blue &#064; Oct 7 2005, 06:58 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Cicero77@Oct 7 2005, 06:52 PM
That means you are not a sheep Alley Blue hehe ;)

Cool eh?
[post=349716]Quoted post[/post]​

Very&#33;
:smoke:

Strangely enough, while I was reading GoneA post, my eyebrows just went up .......I think I just turned into a sheep :freak: :scared: :p
[post=349717]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

I have that effect one people...right.

**nods head**

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I guess I'm staying home tomorrow:

A HEAVY SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 5 PM EST FRIDAY.
LIGHT SNOW WILL DEVELOP ACROSS THE REGION LATE TONIGHT...AND WILL BECOME STEADIER AND HEAVIER AROUND DAYBREAK ON FRIDAY. SNOW WILL BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES FRIDAY MORNING...BEFORE STARTING TO TAPER OFF FRIDAY AFTERNOON. BETWEEN 6 AND 10 INCHES OF TOTAL ACCUMULATION IS EXPECTED BEFORE THE SNOW TAPERS OFF FRIDAY AFTERNOON. A HEAVY SNOW WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. ONLY TRAVEL IN AN EMERGENCY. IF YOU MUST...KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT...FOOD...AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.

B_caneadea

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
steve319 said:
Anyway, I have a bit of that feeling lately because for months now I've been a bit of an insomniac. There, I said the word! Hours and hours awake for no reason whatsoever. I can see it affecting my concentration too. And the freaky thing is that I've always been able to sleep through anything and at the drop of a hat. I'm kind of afraid to research it. I find myself wondering if insomnia (I said it again) suddenly develops at a certain age.
I take one of the Walgreen's brand equivalent of Unisom plus 800 mg Valerian Root plus a cup of Sleepy Time tea. Before I started this regimen, I would be awake for hours unable to make my brain shut up. Fair warning: the Valerian Root has a rank odor ( I store it in a Zip-Lock bag).:)

B_caneadea

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
DoubleMeatWhopper said:
Every Spanish-speaking country has its own interpretation of Spanish rice. Here's a recipe for the Cuban version. It's simple and tasty.

TOMATE con ARROZ (SPANISH RICE - CUBAN STYLE)

1 c. pearl rice
2 c. water
1 tsp. butter
1 can tomato paste
1/2 c. olive oil
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
minced onion (to taste)
minced garlic (to taste)
1/2 c. smoked ham

Bring the 2 cups of water to a boil and add butter and rice. Cover, lower heat, and steam for 20 minutes. In a skillet heat olive oil, ham, tomato paste and seasonings. Do not over heat. When rice is ready, mix with the ingredients in the skillet and enjoy your meal. Makes 4 servings. Goes great with Cuban style black beans!

Except for the dry mustard, this is very similar to how I learned to make Spanish Rice when I was a kid. I was extremely dissapointed the first time I ate Spanish Rice in a Mexican restaurant. It was literally nothing but pale orange rice!:)

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My ex girl told me she knew 800 motherfuckers that wanted to kick my ass the other night. So I told her I wasn't hard to find and motioned her "posse" to come forward. No one did.

She later apologized.