The Lounge

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
NO Nixxi,

YOu were not wrong. Think about mutts this way, darlin'. Though many of them are funny looking little beasts, they are some of the smartest animals around. Glory in your muttitude! LOL! IS there such a word ?IF not I have coined it now!

Naughty

DMW,

That is a particular litmus test I apply to people often. Sad to say, most of them pass it with flying colors (N0 pun intended! )

Pappy

Media
Originally posted by surferboy@Apr 26 2005, 04:46 PM
I dunno what to identify myself most as :p I'm a mutt in the total sense of the word. Not only am I a mutt ethnicity wise, but like, I also look like a mutt. So, from now on, I'll check other and put "mutt" :D
[post=305126]Quoted post[/post]​

Nixxy, if you look like a Mutt then I'm the Queen of England. You're definitely too hott to look like a Mutt, maybe a Purebred Mutt.

blackwood

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by surferboy@Apr 27 2005, 01:56 AM
I never said I wasn't proud of bein a mutt. In fact, I totally love it. I just didn't know what to call myself :p
[post=305205]Quoted post[/post]​

surferboy,

How about NOT labeling youself.

Personally, I decline to check any of those little blocks.

It works for me.

blackwood

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
But black, we unfortunately live in a society where like, we must be labeled. Be it by sexuality, gender, creed, income. It's just the way we live. A place for everyone, and everyone in their place, yah? I don't agree with it at all, but like, it's the system.

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by surferboy@Apr 27 2005, 07:57 AM
But black, we unfortunately live in a society where like, we must be labeled. Be it by sexuality, gender, creed, income. It's just the way we live. A place for everyone, and everyone in their place, yah? I don't agree with it at all, but like, it's the system.
[post=305308]Quoted post[/post]​
I agree to a degree. We live in the real world, and categorization (and the judgements that go along with it) are a given. As with Dr.Bubbles deciding to remove those avatar pics--we all know that the reality is that people are going to judge us based on first impressions or our appearance or whatever. It's not right, it's not fair, but it is.

For example, I think that, many times, I find myself feeling more "goodwill" toward those who use personal pics as avatars here at LPSG. I know it's only because there's a face there to associate with the person, and that doesn't make that person any more "real" or deserving of my respect than anyone else, but it's a reality of human nature, maybe. I decided several years ago to cut my long hair and fit the "accepted" role of the professional. No, it's not fair, but I decided that I was being judged based on that feature and decided to alter it (manipulating my image, really).

It's also a reality that people are marginalized by the labels that they are given and, sometimes, even by those they freely choose. I think that what blackwood was getting at was just the general idea that we are labelled enough without our consent without us playing the same game.

Yeah, I know, that queston is there on the form and you have to check a box (probably)--I live in the real world too. But I think it's good to be reminded by kind outsiders that they, too, know that we can't be easily summed up by a label, even if it's one we self-select. I think he's trying to be supportive and acknowledge your complexity as a human being, not suggest you ignore the question or live in a dream world. :)

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by steve319+Apr 27 2005, 02:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(steve319 &#064; Apr 27 2005, 02:00 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-surferboy@Apr 27 2005, 07:57 AM
But black, we unfortunately live in a society where like, we must be labeled. Be it by sexuality, gender, creed, income. It&#39;s just the way we live. A place for everyone, and everyone in their place, yah? I don&#39;t agree with it at all, but like, it&#39;s the system.
[post=305308]Quoted post[/post]​
I agree to a degree. We live in the real world, and categorization (and the judgements that go along with it) are a given. As with Dr.Bubbles deciding to remove those avatar pics--we all know that the reality is that people are going to judge us based on first impressions or our appearance or whatever. It&#39;s not right, it&#39;s not fair, but it is.

But I think it&#39;s good to be reminded by kind outsiders that they, too, know that we can&#39;t be easily summed up by a label, even if it&#39;s one we self-select.
[/b][/quote]

On the other hand, there&#39;s something to be said for choosing your own label that you can live with rather than trying to live down whatever label others have stuck onto you, don&#39;t you think?

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by surferboy@Apr 26 2005, 10:16 PM
Is it wrong I actually tried going there? :unsure:
[post=305140]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh, I&#39;m sorry baby, I should have made clear that it was an old joke we had running. It would make a fun website though, no? We discovered last year that quite a goodly number of us here at lpsg were mutts and comfortable with the term, so hope you feel right at home here, whatever you call yourself, my mulatto brother&#33;

amethyst

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Originally posted by hung_big@Apr 21 2005, 05:58 PM
A hiccough isn&#39;t a cough, so why is it called that?
[post=303113]Quoted post[/post]​

Maybe because sometimes a hiccough makes you cough, ie &#39;hic&#39; &#39;cough&#39;.

They make me cough sometimes, which is annoying when the hiccoughs are coming hard and fast and I end up &#39;hiccing&#39; in air while I am still coughing out air from the last one. This usually causes air to be sucked into my stomach; which adds a burp to the whole routine...

&#39;hic&#39; &#39;cough&#39; &#39;hic&#39; &#39;cough&#39; &#39;burp&#39; &#39;hic&#39; &#39;cough&#39; &#39;hic&#39; &#39;cough&#39; &#39;burp&#39;

Sorry you asked? :lol:

Now my question....why is it that my son and i ALWAYS have the hiccoughs on the same day? We only get hiccoughs about once a month and IT IS ALWAYS ON THE SAME DAY.

Amethyst :D

hung_big: *Is sorry he asked* :p

Umm...it&#39;s "God&#39;s" way of showing you that you share esophogases?

I HAVE NO F***in CLUE&#33;&#33;&#33; ;)

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Maybe they are contagious (like yawns)?

Maybe they run in cycles through some obscure genetic process, going from generation to generation?

Hmmmm....

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by madame_zora@Apr 27 2005, 03:31 PM
Honey, we could sell your mulatto ass and make a fortune&#33; *sees big piles of cash to jump on in the flesh pile&#33;*
[post=305453]Quoted post[/post]​

Yay, now I have a madame&#33; I&#39;m a profession whore now&#33; :D

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by surferboy@Apr 27 2005, 10:13 PM
Yay, now I have a madame&#33; I&#39;m a profession whore now&#33; :D
[post=305607]Quoted post[/post]​
LOL&#33; You should join the union&#33; :lol:

ravenously:
Originally posted by surferboy@Apr 21 2005, 03:55 AM
I love Marley, and reggae, and ska. The whole island sound , really. But just ti hijack yer topic for a quick sec...

I was thinkin today...Like, if yer a woman, and yer messin around with a married dude, yer a mistress. What if yer a dude messin around with a married woman? What are you called?

Ok, that&#39;s all I wanted to get off my chest.
[post=302821]Quoted post[/post]​

Just Gigalo

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Wait . . . Doesn&#39;t mulatto mean half white and half black?

The Spanish had a whole caste system going on. It eventually got silly; a zambo (someone with one black parent and one Indian parent) got the name for bow legs, but bow legs occur in full-blooded Indians more often. I should add that it varies quite a bit; in the Philippines, a mestizo is someone who&#39;s half Chinese and half Filipino.