The Magic Tree

thisisshsas

Experimental Member
Media
Long time reader. This is my first attempted story. Chapter one is just setting the table for everything else to happen. Hope everyone is intrigued. Any feedback would be very welcome.

Chapter 1

John woke up groggy. A 26 year old bartender and waiter, mornings were always the hardest for him. Waking up at 8 am was always the goal, but 9 am happened more often than not. Part of the reason he enjoyed his profession (and sucked every time he branched out) was that waking up so late was not a hindrance to his profession.

Grabbing a banana, his tablet, and pouring a cup of coffee, John sat down in the family room to catch up on his twitter feed and favorite sports websites. The coffee was luke-warm, as one of his roommates, Alex, had left for work at the National Institute of Health well over an hour ago. John didn’t mind coffee luke-warm, he just appreciated that Alex brewed enough for two every morning. His other roommate, Zach, was over at his girlfriend’s place, and probably wouldn’t have waked up for another few hours even if he were home. Though Zach worked the same sort of hours as John, he was always more of a night owl than John. Even if he weren’t out drinking, Zach would often be up until 4 am watching movies with his girlfriend, reading, or even writing. Thankfully John and Zach were heavy sleepers and were rarely woken up by Zach. That and Zach was a fantastic cook; something he gained from years working as a cook at restaurants.

Glancing at his weather app, John noticed that there was a high chance for a thunderstorm that evening. It’s been a week since I mowed, I guess I should do that before I go to work and it rains, John thought to himself. Though the lawn only took about 20 minutes to mow and trim, the oppressive summer heat and humidity of a June in the D.C. area had already started that day. John hated lawn worked, but otherwise loved the 3-bedroom townhouse that he shared with his two roommates. Plus, he was the only person who could get the trimmer to work on a regular basis.

Trimming the lawn wouldn't even be necessary if it weren't for the one piece of vegetation it cultivated besides the ivy on the edges: Three apple trees in the back yard, two in corners, one in the center, as if to make a diagonal in the back yard. The trees had been planted by his late uncle years ago, and while they may have grown strong at one point, the trees had barely produced any apples worth eating while John had lived there. However, John wasn't going to cut the trees down unless they were a danger to house or were truly dead, if for no other reason than nostalgia. His family had inherited the house when his Uncle had died in a car accident two years ago, and with John being the only members of the family still in the area, his parents agreed to let him live in the house as long as he paid the property taxes, and pay rent to slowly own the home from them.

The latter agreement was a something only John and his parents knew. His roommates were under the belief that they were just paying rent to his parents, instead of paying part of a mortgage that was only owned by one person. John would have felt bad, but the rent charged was well below market value, so he felt like everyone was winning in this scenario.

The mowing and trimming was a sweaty experience, but John got it done and then relaxed with some comic book reading and some self-pleasuring before work. John was an average looking man. He stood about 6 feet tall and weighed 190 pounds. John would probably look better if he lost 15 pounds, but wasn't really overweight. However, he had not had a girlfriend in a number of years. He went on dates once or twice a year to show that he was trying, but in moments of totally honesty with himself, he didn't think he would ever have a serious girlfriend again, and he had more or less reached acceptance on that issue. However, since the age of 11, he had always been a fervent masturbator, generally doing the act at least once a day, with that performance often lasting an hour (another reason for him not being particularly successful when it came to college). He had tried to make the sessions a little briefer, but even then they took 10 to 15 minutes, and those sessions were psychologically painful, because he had to think of ex’s to climax.

An hour later, John finished his session with a climax. Though John’s penis was about average: 6 inches erect and a little less than 5 inches in girth, he had always been blessed with strong climaxes. Cum draped on his shoulders and neck. Glancing at the clock, he realized he needed to get to work in an hour. He took a shower, got dressed, scoffed down a sandwich, and headed to work.

After a decent, but uneventful shift, John got back home at around 10:30. The wind was blowing hard as he exited the Buick’s door, but the rain was but a drizzle. Walking in the home, he saw Alex in the kitchen, getting his lunch for tomorrow ready while watching last night’s The Daily Show.

“ How was work?” Alex asked. “Same old, same old”, replied John as he reached in the fridge and pulled out an IPA. He sat down at the kitchen table and looked out the back window. The rain had increased in its force, and he could hear a distant clap of thunder. “ Work was hell for me. So many health issues have been reported recently by people who were took supplements; thinking it’ll improve your body when it hurts it instead. Weight loss pills causing heart issues, and don’t get me started on those sex pills”. John knew that Alex was just getting started, but he didn’t mind. “ Unlicensed vitality pills shriveling men’s dicks and penis growth pills just making men grow bald. You’d think women would be the more sensible gender with these things, but I keep getting reports of women taking breast enhancement pills that just cause them to gain weight. I keep writing notices to those companies that manufacture them about the complaints, and we send our stuff to the FDA, but the public continues to take them and ignore the warnings. If it weren’t the main preoccupation with my job right now, I would just laugh at humanity rather than being angry at my paperwork.” After breathing for a second, Alex said apologized. “Sorry about the rant”. “ Eh, I don’t have your paper work, so I DO get to laugh”, John retorted.

Just as they both chuckled, they saw a huge flash of light. Lighting had struck, one of the apple trees. However, rather than catch fire or splinter, the tree seemed to glow. 10 seconds later, the second tree was struck. Another 10 seconds, and the third tree was struck by lightning. All of them glowed for about 10 seconds after being struck and then dimmed.

“ That was weird, have you ever see a tree react like that to being struck by lightning Alex?” John asked. “ Nope, but to be honest, I’ve never actually seen anything struck by lightning in person, so maybe this sometimes happens. Nature can be strange and mysterious. I’m just glad that the trees didn’t fall over. I need to go to bed, hopefully this storms quiets enough for me to fall to sleep”.

With that, Alex turned off the TV and went to bed. Within a few minutes, the storm passed, and curiosity got the best of John. Did the trees' really survive a point blank strike from a lightning bolt? And why did all three of them get struck? There were plenty of taller objects nearby, including the apartment.
Getting a flashlight and putting on a rain jacket, John headed out to inspect the trees. Despite seeing lightning hit them, there were only a few twigs and smaller branches knocked off, and that may have been done by the wind. Surveying with his flashlight, John noticed something else.

“ Are those apples?” John thought out loud. He swore there was no fruit on the tree earlier in the day. He picked three and went inside.

Placing them on the table, he marveled at the apples’ appearance. They were a bright red color, almost like they were painted that way. Each one’s shape was perfect, with no bruising. Having eaten apples from the tree earlier in life, John figured that, with a little cleaning, they apples would be fine for eating, plus he had not made any dinner yet and was starting to feel a bit hungry.

Cutting one of the apples into 8 thin slices, John took a bite. The slice was incredibly juicy and full of flavor, with the right amount of sweet and sourness. John generally wasn't a huge apple person, but these were some of the best fruit he had ever tasted. He quickly ate the rest of the apple.

Though it was only one apple and he hadn't eaten in over 6 hours, John suddenly felt full. That and a bit tired. His body suddenly felt like he had worked out for 2 hours and worked a double. He dragged himself up and went to bed, leaving the other two apples on the table.

thisisshsas

Experimental Member
Media
I'm glad to see people are enjoying the story. Hopefully I'll get up a new part sooner, but My goal is to have a new chapter up by the beginning of next week.