The Man in the Freudian Slip

Discussion in 'Funny Stuff: Jokes, Quizzes, Games & Pics' started by B_hungprepjock, Nov 26, 2009.

1. B_hungprepjock

B_hungprepjock New Member

You’ve all heard of Freudian slips, right?

Well, it was the craziest thing...

We were all seated around the dining room table for Thanksgiving. A lot of my family was there, and everyone was talking at once, saying things like, ‘please, pass the salt,’ and making small talk, asking pleasantries like, ‘how’s school?,’ ‘how was your trip?,’ ‘do you like the wine?’ and stuff like that.

As usual, what with the turkey carving and the inevitable questions of ‘white meat or dark?’ and ‘would you care for gravy?,’ and the passing back and forth of the plates, as well as the serving bowls of potatoes, stuffing and green beans making their way round the table, some small dishes didn’t get passed around right away unless you asked for them specifically.

My uncle, my father’s older brother, whom we only see occasionally, but who is usually a very dignified, quiet person (unfortunately going through his third divorce, and currently living in a hotel in Wilmington, Delaware), turned to his mother, my grandmother, and intended to ask her for the cranberry sauce (as he patiently explained later), but instead said, ‘You ruined my life, you castrating bitch!’

Like I said, it was the craziest thing!

Thanksgiving always brings family together, even if it doesn’t always bring out the best in families.

Cheers!

2. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think you should make that a new tradition.

3. BigDallasDick8x6

Gold Member

Albums:
    A Freudian slip is when you mean one thing but you say your mother.

4. whatireallywant

Gold Member

One of the things on Second Life that made me keel over laughing was once when someone typed in that they "went to the school of hard kocks". :biggrin1: (I wanna go to THAT school!!!)

Draft saved Draft deleted