The meaning of your name

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by FeroxFemina, Mar 1, 2011.

1. FeroxFemina

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    ***This is just for fun so please don't get into a debate over the accuracy if these things.

Personality of Name

Analysis of Name: :icon5: (remember to delete your name unless you want to disclose it)

Basic Trait: candid

Analysis: Your name like this, you are fairminded, wise and peaceloving and are always willing to help others. True
    Your mental capabilities and creativity are well marked with wonderful and original ideas which you need to bring to tangible fruition.

* You work best alone, making your own decisions, and learning from your own experiences. True

* Despite your loyalty to friends, your communication at times is stilted, too candid, and frank. True (I can be very blunt)

* Your first name creates the urge to be creative and original, but we point out that it limits your versatility and scope, tuning you to technical details.

* Your name has created a most expressive nature, idealistic and inspirational, driven with a strong inner urge to be of service in some way that would uplift humanity as a whole. Very true

Possibly negative point: uncaring, unfeeling, callous Not true! I hope not anyway, I care! :icon9::puppy_dog_eyes::sorry:

P.S. My name means Hero (from my own knowledge of my real name, not the website above)

#1 FeroxFemina, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  2. nudeyorker

Gold Member

That was interesting. I did it for my real first name. Most people know me by my middle name...

Basic Trait: persistent, sustaining

Analysis: Although your name creates the urge to be creative and original, we emphasize that it causes procrastination, lack of confidence, and the inability to realize your goals and ambitions. I think I'm creative and original but I have realized my goals and ambitions.

* Home and family mean a great deal to you and it is natural that you should desire the security of a peaceful, settled home environment where you can enjoy the companionship of family and friends.Very true

* Whatever you set out to accomplish you do your very best to complete in accordance with what you consider to be right. True

* Your name, when NOT combined with a balanced last name, can also frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses through worry and mental tension. Interesting... my birth name is not terribly balanced with it, but my professional name is.

* Your name creates a quick, analytical, and clever mind; you are creative, versatile, original, and independent.
    So I've been told

3. King_ding_a_ling

King_ding_a_ling New Member

Albums:
    Basic Trait: social independence (True)

Analysis: Your name gives you the ability to be creative along practical lines of endeavour. (not sure, I AM creative, but in my own way)

* Your expression is invariably quite direct and candid. (Very true)

* Others find it difficult to accept your domineering and, at times, argumentative manner. ( I tend to not be like this, however I used to be like this very much)

* Your name creates the urge to be creative and original, we emphasize that it causes a blunt expression that alienates others. (True, many friends have told me they feel in my "shadow")

* Your first name creates a dual nature for you desire to systematize your life to progress step by step, but so frequently, you are taken into new experiences, instability, and change.
    (Very true, though I try to walk down the hill of life, I tripped and it keeps bringing me the best, but biggest, things)

Possibly negative point: unsympathetic, unfeeling (True, I am an analytical person and that makes it hard to let emotions play into a lot)

4. ManofThunder

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Analysis of Name: ???

Basic Trait: open-minded, tolerant

Analysis: Although you are not naturally spontaneous in musical or artistic expression, you can develop technical proficiency along these lines.

* People are drawn to you because they feel that you are patient, kind, understanding, and responsive.

* Your name gives you a clever mind, good business judgment, a sense of responsibility, and an appreciation of the finer things of life.

* You are serious-minded and not inclined to make light of things even in little ways, and in your younger years you had more mature interests than others your age.

* Home and family mean a great deal to you and it is natural that you should desire the security of a peaceful, settled home environment where you can enjoy the companionship of family and friends.

Possibly negative point: pessimistic

Haha - a name analyser has just flattered me! Like many of the people on this site, that speaks far too kindly of me. That was very interesting! Thanks for posting!

5. nudeyorker

Gold Member

^ Interesting! I can't believe we have the same first name. I've only heard of one other person in the world with it... yet we got the same analysis.

6. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

Basic Trait: takes others point of view
    (If that means that I see justification for a probably too wide range of views expressed by others, that's probably true.)

Analysis: Your name shows strong energy which is very giving of love, affection, and emotional support. You may have the inclination to teach or serve your community in other idealistic ways. You have natural abilities to help people. You are also likely to have artistic and creative leanings.
    (I think there's some truth there.)

* Your first name creates a dual nature for you desire to systematize your life to progress step by step, but so frequently, you are taken into new experiences, instability, and change.
    (True.)

* You are intrigued by a challenge, especially in mechanical and technical fields.
    (Nope, not in mechanical or technical fields.)

* Scientific concepts appeal to you.
    (Yes.)

* You like activities that require physical effort as well as mental ingenuity.
    (Yes.)

Possibly negative point: thoughtless, inconsiderate, callous
    (I certainly can be.)

My problem with all these traits is that they are so general that it would be hard not to find some plausibility in most of them.

The analysis above is for the given name I use with everyone but is actually the second of my given names.

Let's see what happens if I use the first given name that appears on my birth certificate:

Basic Trait: realistic
    (I guess ....)

Analysis: Although your name shows you have great self-confidence and a charming personality which attracts many friends and admirers, your innate sense of personal power and ability to lead are ideally suited to positions of authority.
    (I don't want to lead anybody.)

* You have large ambitions, and it is difficult for you to be tolerant and understanding of those who desire less in life or who are more slow and methodical by nature.
    (Some truth here.)

* Patience is not your forte.
    (I think I can be very patient, though at some point my patience will snap.)

* You do, however, have leadership ability and would never be happy in a subservient position.
    (True about not being happy in a subservient position, but basically, I wish to be outside of power structures, as far as possible.)

* You are ambitious and aggressive by nature.
    (That's one side of me.)

Possibly negative point: unreliable, undependable
    (I can be.)

I dunno. I don't think there's much validity at all here.
    Most points could be accepted in large degree by most people, I think.
    Here's a funny YouTube clip showing skeptic James Randi demonstrating how easily we are fooled by such stuff.

7. ManofThunder

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Really!? I thought my name was fairly common. Perhaps the generator only has a set number of responses. I'll send you a PM if you wish to learn my name. :smile:

8. nudeyorker

Gold Member

OK that would be nice, I'm curious now, because my first name is very uncommon.

9. ManofThunder

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    PM sent. :smile: I will report back to the thread if it's a repeated analysis.

10. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Thank you! I'm delighted because you have a fantastic first name.

11. ManofThunder

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Thank you very much! You're welcome good sir. :smile:

12. willow78

Gold Member

Albums:
    I apologise in advance for my over-long post.....

Even though it's just a bit of fun, It seems to be MOSTLY accurate.....

My real FIRST name
    Basic Trait:
    accepts what's given

Analysis: Your name shows you are sensitive, emotional and caring true you seek peace and harmony true and desire to work for the benefit of others and society. I'm too lazy to be helpful. Your talents and abilities may draw you towards teaching or service occupations where you would be a natural success. I'm hopeless at explaining and instruction so I'd be a terrible teacher.....

* Although you are not naturally spontaneous in musical or artistic expression, you can develop technical proficiency along these lines. I love music and I've always wanted to work in music but I can't sing or play an instrument.....

* You are fussy about details and seek perfection in whatever you undertake. True - I seek perfection but I rarely achieve it.....

* Being somewhat wilful and skeptical, you learn best through your own experiences and seek proof though facts. A nice way of saying stubborn and distrustful - true!

* You work best alone, making your own decisions, and learning from your own experiences. True

Possibly negative point: distant, cold, aloof True

My real MIDDLE name.....
    Basic Trait:
    cheerful

Analysis: Although your name creates idealism and the urge to help others, we emphasize that it frustrates you through a scattered and emotional nature. True - wanting to help and ability to help don't always sync for me.....

* Your name has created a most expressive nature, idealistic and inspirational, driven with a strong inner urge to be of service in some way that would uplift humanity as a whole. Partly true - as I already mentioned I've always wanted to be a performer of some sort. But entertaining people is hardly 'uplifting humanity'.....

* However, there is a tendency to assume too heavy a burden of responsibility for others, which leads to worry and undue concern. Partly true - when I see tragedy or injustice on the news, I feel so helpless which frustrates me. I want to help but I don't know how.....

* People with problems are drawn to you as they recognize you as one who has understanding and gives not only sympathy and comfort but provides also some constructive advice or assistance. Not really - I sometimes give advice on LPSG but my advice isn't great and members don't actively 'seek me out' so to speak.....

* You have a generous quality to your nature, but you must guard carefully against giving more than you receive or you will find yourself doing without because you have helped someone else. Not really - I shop in second-hand charity stores but it's hardly giving away my entire fortune. I do guard myself carefully but it's got nothing to do with physically giving too much, I'm just quite sensitive and shy so I don't like to personally give too much - I need to really trust someone before I could ever share my personal secrets and insecurities.
    Possibly negative point: inconsiderate, thoughtless. I don't get this part. In other paragraphs I'm generous and caring and willing to help but here I'm the complete opposite. I'm not actually disagreeing because I can come across like this, but it seems so contradictory to everything else.....

13. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

Analysis of Name: Meghan

Basic Trait: reliable (true to a fault...)

Analysis:

* You do, however, have leadership ability and would never be happy in a subservient position. (This is mostly true - I'm only comfortable in a subservient position when I'm doing something new.)

* You would be happiest in positions where you are free to express individually and creatively and where opportunities are not restricted; you desire freedom, and do not tolerate being possessed by others. (SO true)

Possibly negative point: disrespectful, rude, impolite

14. D_Natalie Attired

D_Natalie Attired New Member

Analysis of Name: KHALEAH

Basic Trait: punctual

Analysis: Although quite reserved your courage and ideals mean that you are single-minded and industrious in pursuit of your goals. Your affectionate and giving nature means that you are loved by all.

* Your name creates a quick, analytical, and clever mind; you are creative, versatile, original, and independent.

* You have large ambitions, and it is difficult for you to be tolerant and understanding of those who desire less in life or who are more slow and methodical by nature.

* You do, however, have leadership ability and would never be happy in a subservient position.

Possibly negative point: naïve, impractical

15. D_Salvatore Speedbump

Basic Trait: devoted

Analysis: Although your name creates the urge to be both logical and technical, we emphasize that it limits self-expression and friendly congeniality with a moody disposition.

* People often disappoint you because you are idealistic and are apt to place those whom you admire on a pedestal.

* Then you become disillusioned when they fall short of your expectations.

* You are quick mentally and like to see things moving at an accelerated pace.

* Patience is not one of your virtues; you want to move when the impulse strikes you.

Possibly negative point: indecisive, unsure

I'm not too sure this fits me :p

16. B_Nicodemous

B_Nicodemous New Member

Ok, to answer Nude Yorker and Mot, the name generator only has x answers, cuz I git the same as yours, and my name is as common as dirt! lol However it does fit me, so maybe there are just overwhelming similarites in the personality traits of our 2 or three different names?

Analysis of Name:

Basic Trait: open-minded, tolerant

Analysis: Although you are not naturally spontaneous in musical or artistic expression, you can develop technical proficiency along these lines. I will give them the musical expression, but I have always had artistic talent. Thedid nail it onthe head that I can develop tech profeciency, though.

* People are drawn to you because they feel that you are patient, kind, understanding, and responsive. I have been told this.:biggrin1:

* Your name gives you a clever mind, good business judgment, a sense of responsibility, and an appreciation of the finer things of life. I was there until the finer things in life. Substitute "life" and, OK, i can accept that.

* You are serious-minded and not inclined to make light of things even in little ways, and in your younger years you had more mature interests than others your age. Meh. I can make lightof things, just not serious ones. Non serious things I make light of all the time! Hell even some serious ones! Otherwise i would go mad:eek: But I have always gravitated ot an older crowd for the most part, so they got that right (though I have a few close friends who are younger than me; maybe they are old souls?)

* Home and family mean a great deal to you and it is natural that you should desire the security of a peaceful, settled home environment where you can enjoy the companionship of family and friends.Anyone who knows me knows how true this is.

Possibly negative point: pessimisticHey, as a pessimist I am usually pleasntly surpised, but then maybe i am a closet optomist!

17. midlifebear

Gold Member

I typed in my real name and got a bunch of crap that had absolutely nothing to do with anything. It even failed to notice that my name simply means "eighth" in Latin.

18. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    Basic Trait: self-confident

Analysis: Your name has made you serious-minded, responsible, and stable.

* Your name has created a practical, patient, scientific nature able to concentrate on the finer details of a project or undertaking.

* You would function best in settled conditions where you are not called upon to meet and mix too closely with others, but are able to work on your own.

* This name restricts congenial expression and association, creating much aloneness.

* Your name gives you a very idealistic nature.

Possibly negative point: directed by externals

19. NCbear

Gold Member

My real first name:

Basic Trait: takes responsibility

Analysis: Your name gives you the desire to understand and help others with their problems but, at the same time, you can become too involved and worrying as the result.

* You would be happiest in positions where you are free to express individually and creatively and where opportunities are not restricted; you desire freedom, and do not tolerate being possessed by others.

* You appreciate change and travel, and the opportunity to meet and mix with others, and to influence them with your creative ideas.

* Your name has created a practical, patient, scientific nature able to concentrate on the finer details of a project or undertaking.

My real middle name:

Basic Trait: self-confident

Analysis: Your name has made you serious-minded, responsible, and stable.

* You would function best in settled conditions where you are not called upon to meet and mix too closely with others, but are able to work on your own.

* This name restricts congenial expression and association, creating much aloneness.

Possibly negative point: directed by externals

My real middle name, spelled a different way:

Basic Trait: self-disciplined

Analysis: Your name, when NOT combined with a balanced last name, can also frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses through worry and mental tension.

* Your desire for peace and harmony causes you to withdraw from situations where there is friction and acrimony.

* You are quite reserved and inclined to feel sensitive and self-conscious, even though you strive to appear poised and confident.

Possibly negative point: self-esteem, confidence - low

My real last name:

Basic Trait: friendly

Analysis: Your name gives you the desire to understand and help others with their problems but, at the same time, you can become too involved and worrying as the result.

* Your name gives you the ability to be creative along practical lines of endeavour.

* Your ideas can be very original and inventive.

* You enjoy being with people in a social environment.

* Your personal appearance is important to you, for you desire to make a good impression on others.

Possibly negative point: wasteful, spendthrift

Hmmm. Not sure whether this is all true.

Some of it has been in the past, but I've changed a lot over the years--toward more positive life and personality goals, I'd like to believe.

NCbear (who knows that my real first name means "small," my real middle name means "keeper of riches," and my real last name means "living in a small hill"--so I guess I'm a clone of Bilbo Baggins :eek::tongue:)

#19 NCbear, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  20. Incocknito

Gold Member

Basic Trait: takes responsibility

* You would be happiest in positions where you are free to express individually and creatively and where opportunities are not restricted; you desire freedom, and do not tolerate being possessed by others.

* You appreciate change and travel, and the opportunity to meet and mix with others, and to influence them with your creative ideas.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basic Trait: does what is necessary, right

Analysis: Although your name creates the urge to be both logical and technical, we emphasize that it causes a restless intensity that defies relaxation.

* You are quick mentally and like to see things moving at an accelerated pace.

* Patience is not one of your virtues; you want to move when the impulse strikes you.

* While such spontaneity is fine at times, you must take account of conditions and employ careful analysis so as to avoid disastrous results such as accidents due to hasty actions.

* Most things you do, you do well, but as soon as the task, hobby, or job becomes familiar or routine, you are bored and crave a change.

Possibly negative point: relents, gives up

First name, then middle name. Meh.

Draft saved Draft deleted