rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Drat
i thought this was a fictitious story, i would not be reading
i.e
a Catholic Priest doing very naughty things, and being pardoned...........?

huskielover

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Cocktaste,

Who’s gay? Rob James-Collier who plays Thomas Barrow, a footman in the Crawley household and general no-good louse. Season one, episode 3--Thomas lands a big kiss on the Turkish diplomat, Kemal Pamuk, while serving as his valet. Thomas is thoroughly reprimanded. In the ensuing exchange between the two characters we discover that Thomas was very intimate with his previous employer. :eek:

Too bad there hasn't been any other gay incident. Waiting anxiously for season 3. :wink:

rick65

Expert Member
Media
Los Angeles, California, United States of America
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
On the first episode, The family is pleased to learn that the young Duke of Crowborough plans to visit, seeing him as an excellent match for Mary, but the Duke seems less interested in Mary than in prying in the servants' rooms, and his manner cools completely when he learns that Lord Grantham does not intend to fight the entail. It is revealed that the Duke had a relationship with Thomas. Thomas had actually informed him about the possibility that Mary would inherit, hoping to get a job as valet in return. As the Duke cannot offer him the job, Thomas tries to blackmail him, but he reveals that he has managed to retrieve his love letters from Thomas's room and quickly burns them before Thomas can stop him.

NOW about Mr Pamuk:
Cora is pleased when Lady Mary informs her that Evelyn Napier, the wealthy son of a peer and a possible suitor, will be visiting. However, he arrives with a dashing Turkish diplomat, Mr. Kemal Pamuk, who is in London for the Albanian independence negotiations, and Mary is completely smitten with him. Mary is not the only one: Thomas gets a little too close to the Turk. (They NEVER actually kiss) Pamuk offers to spare Thomas punishment for his indiscretion, provided he will do something in return. During and after dinner, Lady Mary has eyes only for Mr. Pamuk, but when he surprises her by forcibly kissing her, she rejects him. Undeterred, he goes to her room that night, led by Thomas, and manages to seduce her. But in the middle of the night he suddenly dies in her bed.

MichiganRico

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Cocktaste,

Who’s gay? Rob James-Collier who plays Thomas Barrow, a footman in the Crawley household and general no-good louse. Season one, episode 3--Thomas lands a big kiss on the Turkish diplomat, Kemal Pamuk, while serving as his valet. Thomas is thoroughly reprimanded. In the ensuing exchange between the two characters we discover that Thomas was very intimate with his previous employer. :eek:

Too bad there hasn't been any other gay incident. Waiting anxiously for season 3. :wink:

You're wrong. In Season One, Episode One Thomas has quite the go around with the "previous employer" to which you referred, the closeted Duke of Crowborough, played by Charlie Cox (who also plays Owen Slater in Boardwalk Empire). In a media interview Rob James-Collier said it was his idea to have the two characters kiss--it wasn't in the original script. (I get some strong vibes from Rob James-Collier that he may be gay-ish.)

Edit: Wrote this post at the same time Rick65 was posting, so I didn't see it. Didn't mean to be redundant.

Attachments

Last edited: