The Michael Jackson Pepsi burn Accident released.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com

It's weird, but it seems like he didn't know his hair was on fire for several seconds.

i do not think he knew *AT ALL* from that, until people started slapping his head to put it out...he was still spinning and dancing...if you know you are on fire, you would hitting the top of your head to put it out...

maybe he was so high he did not realize it ( i know that is unfair to say, but come on...he had no clue, seemingly)

I don't think he was high, just that he wouldn't notice the flames until they reached his scalp. He was surrounded by smoke from the pyrotechnics so he wouldn't have smelled or seen anything unusual. I imagine all those hair products only helped to encourage the fire and make it more difficult to extinguish. I didn't know it was so bad but even the coroner said he had a missing patch of hair on his scalp from the burns. That's just frightening.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
true, i guess, Jase...but i still do not see how he got burns on his face...it looked fine, wheras you could clearly see the scalp where there had been fire.

when i was in HS, we used to go to a little greasy spoon a block around the corner from my school,where we could hang out, order food, drink coffee and smoke cigarettes between classes, for lunch or after school.

it had regular sort of back to back dine sitting, with booths, and i was sitting in one booth and my two friends were across from me...since my side was only me, i sat horizontally, stretching out my legs and my left hand was resting along the top of the both, dividing our booth from the next one...i had a cigarette in my right hand, on the table, and in my left hand, i had my cigarette lighter, which i was just casually flicking on and off...any way, the girl right next to me in the next booth, Tanya, who had tons of product in her hair (it was 1985, so she was trying to look like Madonna) sure enough, a spark hit her hair, and it just started going up really fast...we were all really stunned at first, everyone started shouting, she had no clue and was looking around really fast...i am screaming "stay still" and trying to whack her in the head where the fire is to stomp it out...her girlfriends in the booth are shrieking in typical, totally not calm jewish princess manner, not really helping the situation, just going "AHHHHHHHH!!!!" "Oh MY GOD!!!!"
My friend were laughing hysterically, and she is moving her head side to side not knowing what was going on as i was hitting her in the back of the head...the whole restaurant is seeing this and laughing, the fire is getting bigger and bigger, and probably starting to approach the scalp as the entire back of the permed hair is going up, my hitting is not working and finally with my right hand i grabbed my friends huge Vanilla milkshake and dumped it on her head.

Fire out, problem solved. She was not happy at all....but everyone was laughing. fortunately there was no damage to her skin at all, but i would say half of the hair on the back of her head was gone or so badly singed it needed to be cut off....not to mention her entire head was covered with Vanilla Milkshake.

anyway, once she got over the initial shock and embarassment, she went down to Astor Place the next day and they gave her a really cool punk-haircut, shaving the back and stuff, sort of like Debbie Harry...so it all worked out in the end. :biggrin1:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
it had regular sort of back to back dine sitting, with booths, and i was sitting in one booth and my two friends were across from me...since my side was only me, i sat horizontally, stretching out my legs and my left hand was resting along the top of the both, dividing our booth from the next one...i had a cigarette in my right hand, on the table, and in my left hand, i had my cigarette lighter, which i was just casually flicking on and off...any way, the girl right next to me in the next booth, Tanya, who had tons of product in her hair (it was 1985, so she was trying to look like Madonna) sure enough, a spark hit her hair, and it just started going up really fast...we were all really stunned at first, everyone started shouting, she had no clue and was looking around really fast...i am screaming "stay still" and trying to whack her in the head where the fire is to stomp it out...her girlfriends in the booth are shrieking in typical, totally not calm jewish princess manner, not really helping the situation, just going "AHHHHHHHH!!!!" "Oh MY GOD!!!!"
My friend were laughing hysterically, and she is moving her head side to side not knowing what was going on as i was hitting her in the back of the head...the whole restaurant is seeing this and laughing, the fire is getting bigger and bigger, and probably starting to approach the scalp as the entire back of the permed hair is going up, my hitting is not working and finally with my right hand i grabbed my friends huge Vanilla milkshake and dumped it on her head.

Is that why you are called Flashy? :biggrin1::wink:

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Has anyone here been on stage performing when their hair suddenly caught fire? How could one reasonably say that because it didn't appear he knew his hair was on fire that he was high? I'd say he was more likely in the zone, as many of the tremendously talented performers are when they perform. Almost trance-like when they are on stage.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think Michael Jackson was just dealt a bad hand. Sure, he had incredible talent and generosity of spirit. But he also had a verbally, emotionally, and physically abusive father whom he reportedly feared until the day he died. A father whose heinous comments started his plastic surgery addiction. :angryfire2: Add to that vitiligo and intense, almost pathological remorse for a missed childhood and what you get is his life. Michael Jackson: An American Tragedy. :cry: :frown1:

And so begins the plastic surgery obsession......
I think at that point it had already started. He had, had his first nose job before the infamous Pepsi commercial.

Has anyone here been on stage performing when their hair suddenly caught fire? How could one reasonably say that because it didn't appear he knew his hair was on fire that he was high? I'd say he was more likely in the zone, as many of the tremendously talented performers are when they perform. Almost trance-like when they are on stage.
I agree! Heck, even moderately talented performers can go into a zone while doing the thing they love.

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You think if MJ had no abusive father or lost childhood and then was adopted to a much rounded family, you think he would have ended much normal than he was before? Just wondering...it reminds of that Back To The Future bit where everything was wrong in the present for McFly's family was somehow fixed in the past when his father became a novelist in his own right, living the high life. You think if you place Michael Jackson in a well-rounded family, you think he has a better chance of living a much longer life than he had before? Just wondering. But then again, I guess that is screwing up the MJ timeline and never discovering who Michael Jackson was. He would probably been a lawyer or producer later in his life.

Last edited: