The moment you've all been waiting for

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Okay guys, for the last few days I've been mulling and deliberating about what to do about this nonsense with Jacinto, but I now think it best to go ahead and tell what I think I know.

Jacinto was not real, nor did he die. This person posed as an image for all those years and for whatever reason has decided to no longer post as that character. He led a lot of us on a wild goose chase, and caused a very nasty and devisive argument on the board, for which I am not pleased with my own part. I defended him from what felt like unjust persecution, when it fact it was quite warranted.

I had hoped this would all just die down and go away, but then when KoolKat posted his confession, it became clearer to me that this type of thing is not nearly so unusual as I would have believed and I thought perhaps as a group this was worth talking about. I am of the opinion that we should not promote this type of behavior, and I'm going to use this as my example why. Despite what the perpetrator of the fraud is thinking, the people getting to know that image are investing real emotion, I know more than one of us cried real tears over this "death".

I am now publishing the PMs I exchanged with a member known as Placebo, who along with PontyPete, Dantesco, KidBroTrouble, NoImporta, and probably a few others are also the poster known as Jacinto.

Jacinto, Placebo, NoImporta, PonyPete, jonb and whoever else you are,

Well, I talked to your "father" twice yesterday and he said he never heard of Jacinto OR Diego. The gig is up, sorry. It took me a while, but I found the pattern. You're much better than a lot of people who do this because you actually post more than one place, but I definitely found speech patterns. Still I wasn't sure.

Who was it that first mentioned Diego? I was thinking it was Panthera. That would have made sense that an older member would know Jacinto's brother's name. I did not. Despite our talks, I didn't recall his brother's names. See, I read the post in the help desk about how we'll never know, and you finally wrote enough that I was sure. I was so happy! Then I searched your posts and read every one. Your first post was the one where Diego was mentioned! Now, what kind of moron would join an online forum after hearing of a friend's death, not introduce HIMSELF, and tell "Diego" to just let him know when and where, and he'd be there! Did you really think that didn't look weird? How would Diego know who "Placebo" (nice touch) was when you had only joined moments before! The clincher was the join date- the same date "Jacinto" "Died". I laughed so hard I almost shit my pants, honestly! I felt like I was watching Angel Heart and I just got to the end and found out I was the devil. This was a pretty good plot twist.

Facts- I didn't always tell Jacinto when I'd be calling, he just asked me to call on the weekends when he'd be at his "parent's" house. That was you. Maybe you're in college away from home during the week. There was never a time when I called that you weren't there, so you couldn't have been a casual visitor. I remember your dad yelling at you "Get off the damned phone, write a letter!" We laughed so hard because he had no idea how much we write! Anyway, that was the same guy I talked to yesterday.

You speak several different languages, it would be no problem for you to speak like Ricky Ricardo for me, or like some white guy's son the rest of the time.

I respected Jacinto too, I know you know that. I still got the best blowjob advice I ever got from anyone from him, and believe me I'm grateful. If he was a fabrication, he made no less impact. BUT, if he was around your house frequently enough to take my unexpected phone calls, your father would have known his first name!

Oh god, it does all make sense now. I think you DID tell me you went to your parent's home in Shreveport on the weekends, you said it wasn't as good as New Orleans, but it was better than the little town that wasn't Jena where you were teaching. That's where I heard of Shreveport before.

Your profile says your 42. If you didn't want to get caught, why would you make such obvious mistakes, and why post your real hometown after you went so far out of your way to protect it? I think you're getting tired. That's okay, and I really am not going to make this public news. This site may still have some value when it's all said and done, we'll have to wait and see. I won't be the one to bring it tumbling down.

I don't need you to verify this, it's as clear as it could be. If you ever felt bad for making me cry, you could explain why you did it someday. Until then, I'll assume this conversation is over.

Your friend, Jana

ps. your grammar and spelling are as flawless as always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placebo
Quote:
Originally Posted by madame_zora
I figured out that I talked to you on the phone last night. You can probably fill in the rest.

There is a call on ID that says UNKNOWN CALLER. I assume that was you.

Quote:
To make it really fukcing simple, I've been calling "Jacinto" at YOUR house- what do you make of that?????

At my father's house, to be more precise. I make quite a lot of that because I do happen to be a lot closer to Jacinto and his family than I've let on at the board. But I know what you're implying and that's your prerogative. I know he lived and I know he died.

Quote:
All I really want to know is why did you send me on a wild goose chase after jonb, he probably doesn't exist either, right? jonboi?

I have to assume that jonb exists because Jacinto, the real Jacinto, told me that he met jonb while he was in California. I had been reading Jon's posts since I first logged onto LPSG seven years ago. I had been reading Jacinto's posts for some time before I realized that I knew the poster making them.

I have no beef with you. I actually appreciate your posts. I don't care for someone making assumptions about who I am, but I do respect your right to your own opinions. If you want to believe I'm Jacinto, by all means, do so. But please realize that your beliefs don't affect my reality. I have no desire to be the lived and I respect his memory now.aken for someone that I'm not regardless of the respect that I hold for that someone. I respected Jacinto while

I hope the order of that makes enough sense, but it's blue, red, then purple. I go no further response.

Further, the poster known as jonb, who was supposedly in Berkley last year and mysteriously stopped posting- yeah, the same jonb that Kidbrotrouble asked me to find to tell of Jacinto's death- He was in Dayton fucking Ohio! Yes, the same shitty little Dayton Ohio That I lived in all last year. I don't know if he met me in real life, but he sure as hell knew I was there, and he sure as hell stopped posting about six weeks after I left. Coincidence, perhaps, until I considered how many times Jacinto egged on my curiousity about him. He kept telling me how gorgeous jonb was, and after he stopped posting, Jacinto bugged me a couple times about if I knew where he was. I think now that he knew jonb was in Dayton and wanted me to find out.

Anyway, here are some links to the person behind the fraud. To Dee and Monty, I hope I have made sufficient apologies, but I would like to offer them publicly as well. While I defended what I thought was a friend, in the end I helped a very sick person continue his masquerade.

*links edited for privacy reasons

Now, I found these things pretty easily, so I don't know if they're really him or another front, but now you know what I know. Sorry for all the trouble guys, I wish I had read the signs better.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
madame_zora said:
Sorry for all the trouble guys, I wish I had read the signs better.
I don't see any reason for you to apologize for being trusting enough to fall for a long-running ruse of considerable complexity, and I'm sorry that you lost a friend in the process, no matter what.

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thank you Jana for taking the time and courage to come out with this. I know it was hard for many of the board members and caused a lot of trouble over the very issue of Jacinto's actual existence.

I know that many will want to express their shocks or "I told you so's" but I'm asking that we all have a little poise about this all. Personally, many of us would like to have this issue all behind us, but we also felt it important to expose Jacinto for those that may still be mourning him unnessesarily. Also, since "Jacinto" keeps resurrecting himself in many newer accounts, we felt the need to let you know that he is indeed still out there but trying to remain under radar.

sexycobra

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks madame_zora.

Since I did not know and never interacted with this person, I don't have much of an emotional involvement with this. So to me, this is a fascinating story about a very interesting person who, for reasons unknown to me, enjoys posting under false identities on a board. Nothing new there, really, except that most people doing this don't have 1% of the talent and intellect that DMW had. Regardless of what happened with the false identities and fake death, that poster remains one of the most intellectually compelling identities I've met on a board. However, I understand that, for people who actually interacted with these identities, the news might cause real and very painful emotions, and I respect that.

Madame_zora, I'm glad to see that you removed the links (I had time to see them, but was going to suggest you remove them).

Finally, I would like to see madame_zora, Lex, and some other posters make a sincere apology to BuddyBoy. I should say here that, quite frankly, I don't particularly enjoy BuddyBoy's posting style (and I have been made to realize how his posting habits and behaviors could even be perceived as a threat by some posters), but I still believe that he deserves apologies for the way he's been treated on this board. We should also applaud the wisdom of some posters such as Dr. Dilznick (among others) who, for a long time, doubted the identity of DMW, and kept doing so even though their posts were often met with thinly veiled hostility.

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
No, No and uh NO! This is just ridiculous! Madame Zora this is not about you but my reaction in finding out that yet another poster was a fraud and a liar add "Jacinto" to the list of "Dr. Bubbles" and whomever else has been uncovered as a fake and a user. I'm tired of this nonsense. There are people whom you put your faith and trust in and look forward to seeing what they have to say about certain topics, issues or whatever. How can we ever believe anything they've posted, ever again. Time and time again, I have been asked to understand the poor person who is going through a rough time and we have to understand that. Well, no. Everyone has it rough and there are very few people who lead a charmed existence and many people manage to lead honest lives. So I say no to fruads and users.
This is all very disheartening.
Madame Zora, please don't let me loose my faith in you.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Zora--I know you have agonized over this for weeks. Only a strong person like you would even venture to share this info knowing that some may choose to throw tomatoes at you. Love you as always.

sexycobra said:
...Finally, I would like to see madame_zora, Lex, and some other posters make a sincere apology to BuddyBoy. I should say here that, quite frankly, I don't particularly enjoy BuddyBoy's posting style (and I have been made to realize how his posting habits and behaviors could even be perceived as a threat by some posters), but I still believe that he deserves apologies for the way he's been treated on this board. We should also applaud the wisdom of some posters such as Dr. Dilznick (among others) who, for a long time, doubted the identity of DMW, and kept doing so even though their posts were often met with thinly veiled hostility.
I want to be clear. Jancinto was always kind to me and made me feel welcome here. I am sorry that all did not experience the same as I did. I always had doubts as well.

Those doubts aside, I still feel strongly against the public exposure of private information. It's simply NOT safe to do that. Not that Jacinto did not "deserve" that (I dont think it is my place to say). I think that exposing people's info and questioning their veracity is wrong. There are people here who I think are fake, but I am not going on an expedition to prove it. I would never want that to happen to me or anyone else.

There are people here, real people, who lay out their secrets for us to see and respond to--and I think opening a window where it appears as if that kind of behavior (exposure) is okay will make them feel unsafe. Where there is no safety, there can be no support. And this is a SUPPORT group.

That being said, people had real feelings towards the interaction they had with Jacinto. Those feelings (whether about a real or imagined person) were being stomped on by once more questioning his veracity once his "death" was announced. That, IMO, is harsh and is why I responded to BuddyBoy the way I did. I actually secretly applauded Dilznick for saying that he, himself, saw that that was not the time and place to question the exisitence of DMW. For me, it did not matter if DWM was dead or not--given the strong feelings that MANY members on this board had for him--I felt (and still feel) that the timing of BuddyBoy's posts could have been much better. The emotions permeating the board during that time period were palpable and overwhelming. Posters wer enot ready to talk about anyone's doubts.

But this is not about me. This is really about this board and the lessons we all can take away from this very horrible, emotionally tempestous experience.

Hugs all around.

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
I've not been "around the block" as much as some of the posters here. I've never experienced a "fake internet death" firsthand. One thing that was right in front of our faces that Dee and Monty were right about all along: the photos. I had a lot less invested in my relationship with DMW than others here. I'll still admit he was one of the reasons I joined this site.

...people had real feelings towards the interaction they had with Jacinto. Those feelings (whether about a real or imagined person) were being stomped on by once more questioning his veracity once his "death" was announced. That, IMO, is harsh and is why I responded to BuddyBoy the way I did. I actually secretly applauded Dilznick for saying that he, himself, saw that that was not the time and place to question the exisitence of DMW.

Lex basically summed this up for me. We'll all have to sort this out in our way. There's been so much mudslinging here it's nauseating. I can't speak for anyone else but I had to wipe the proverbial slate clean in my mind to avoid further bickering and resentment over this issue. I washed my hands of the whole mess about 2 weeks ago for the sake of my sanity after speaking privately with some other members here and realising I cried over nothing.

I posted a validated pic not to show myself off but to prove I'm really here, it's really me, I exist...especially in the wake of phonies we've experienced...out of respect for those I've grown to love and care about here.

This place was lots of fun when I arrived, it seems we're almost there again. Thank you Madame Zora. I think you realise what you did for all of us.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sorcerer said:

I posted a validated pic not to show myself off but to prove I'm really here, it's really me, I exist...especially in the wake of phonies we've experienced...out of respect for those I've grown to love and care about here. ...

And this is exactly why I took new pics and reposted older ones as well. I AM me and I am here (hopefully) to help more than I hurt.

Cosota

Experimental Member
Media
The plots and twists here are harder to believe than a Mexican soap opera! Keep them coming!

Jacinto left a mark even among some of us irregular visitors. Whoever he is, he often had funny, kind, wise words to share. Even a fictitious character can seldom disguise who we are inside.

Don't loose faith! For every impostor there are thousands of genuine people.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mme Z,

Thank you. You are truly a phenomenal woman. I know it wasnt easy for you to take a stand like this but I hope that our other members can arise to the occassion and be just as mature in accepting the information with grace so that we all can move on and heal.

Naughty

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
When the thread was active I wanted to pose this question, but because emotions were running so hot I refrained.

I was going to ask - How real do people think all this is? I think of it as entertainment, nothing more nothing less. Like going to a movie. Some of the posters may be playing themselves, some may not. Often I like to imagine, for example, that a character like Dr. Rock was and continues to be invented by a sweet old lady school teacher. I think that adds to the fun.

Perhaps I should be banned for not taking all this seriously. Well, there you have it.

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Sad stuff in every way. Just as with the news of the "death," I still find it hard to know what to wish for, since all options seem to be sad and discouraging ones.

People let us down. That's the nature of things. What makes life easier for me to handle in some ways, though, is the fact that during my time under the thumb of alcohol abuse, I did more than my share of hurting others. I've let people down in BIG ways, so, for me, that makes it easier to move on in situations like this. What I always hold onto is the fact that if we are being positive, responsible people, we are working at self-improvement all the time---we are in the process of becoming who we want to be. It isn't easy work, but it's why we're here, I think.

And that's why LPSG can be so valuable in that process for many of us. We ARE safe (for the most part) being our true selves here and benefitting from the support of other members. I hope that the forum's response to this helps encourage others to be more at ease with their true selves and to be a part of the process of helping one another along the path of personal improvement.

This hasn't been easy for us on many levels, so maybe this will be step one in the direction of healing and reconciliation.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
hey, credit where it's due. he had me fooled, and even now that ain't easy :biggrin1: I mean, i'd still punch him in the mouth for being such a fucking loser, but he gets an A for effort.

Shelby said:
Often I like to imagine, for example, that a character like Dr. Rock was and continues to be invented by a sweet old lady school teacher.
i'm flattered that my existence threatens your worldview so comprehensively, i guess

Sam Beckett

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's almost a death to pretend to be someone else for so long...and its some crazy shit. If it's all been outed now at least the subject can rest.As long as I know I'm real, that's all that matters :)And a few other select people I talk to. So jonb was made up too? :OI just ate a sandwich called 'Chicken New Orleans' btw, tasted like shit.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dr Rock said:
hey, credit where it's due. he had me fooled, and even now that ain't easy :biggrin1: I mean, i'd still punch him in the mouth for being such a fucking loser, but he gets an A for effort.

Haha, here's the original PM I sent him:

Originally Posted by Placebo
I don't know why your message didn't go through but here's mine as you requested. My name is Danny, by the way, and I live in Shreveport, Louisiana.

I think you mean ***** and I just wanted to congratulate you, you Pwned the whole board, me included!

Haha, I'm not going to say a word, not shit. I just wanted you to know I figured it out. Well played.

Okay, so I changed my mind about telling. Shoot me.

*edit- I also posted verified pics in the gallery so you would know it's really me here.

edit #2- as for BuddyBoy, I still do not believe a person who just joined the board would have that much interest or devote that much time to something involving people he did not know. Call me skeptical, but even if that's true, he's a blood predator. He did nothing but stir up shit when people were feeling stung already, and I have no reason to apologise for pointing that out. The people to whom I felt I owed apologies were given them before I made this post.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I feel ripped. Disappointed. Disrepected. But ultimately it's JUST the internet. If something seems too good to be true — guess what, it fucking is! So count me naïve as well.

I apologize to BuddyBoy for my earlier misplaced opposition. He truly smelled a rat.

And I suspect that there are several more posers who will never ever give up their game. I don't doubt that something like this will happen again on this site. There's no shortage of narcissism in the world. One would think that a brilliant mind would have something better to do with their time.

Although a bit angry, ultimately I don't really care. I mainly come here for fun for the most part and this community of posters gives me that. Seriously... my dick has rarely caused me any problems.

If more shoes drop, I will not be AS surprised. High heels, hobnailled, flipflops etc.
Keep them coming. :borladuck:

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
* smacks RawBone upside the head with his flipflop *

Well this just sucks.

BuddyBoy - I do owe you an apology for some of what I wrote, which you'll get as soon as you photo verify.