The moment you've all been waiting for

brainzz_n_dong

Just Browsing
Media
As someone who feels like he needs about a 30 hour day to have time to post here anymore, it's amazing to me that someone else has that much free time to keep juggling an imaginary entity(-ies) all that time and try to keep all the stuff straight. Wow....

Even when you meet posters that you may not agree with on this or that, they can always be interesting to read. I guess we'll have to start pinching extra grains of salt with which to take everything now. Kudos to Zora for her work here.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm actually leery of offering kudos to anyone. DMW (or whomever) could still be several anybodies here (or the invention of a team of writers) and in may in fact be participating in his unmasking (LOL) and contributing small nudges to have him continue as a subject of discussion.

The embodiment of narcissism.

RideRocket

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
TexAssgirl said:
Ok....here's the real thing: Madame Zora is Jacinto!!
Just kidding, of course. :eek:)

Actually, it's Rob_E...

:smile:

And if it weren't for those meddling kids, he'd have gotten away with it!

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
TexAssgirl said:
Ok....here's the real thing: Madame Zora is Jacinto!!

DMW has nice boobs.

Seriously, I'm sure Rob checked out the Mod Squad before he selected them, and if not, they'll check up on each other. I guess they could all be Rob_E's personas with paid models for the pictures. At some point, it turns in to the Matrix, where everyone and everything is fake.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Shelby said:
When the thread was active I wanted to pose this question, but because emotions were running so hot I refrained.

I was going to ask - How real do people think all this is? I think of it as entertainment, nothing more nothing less. Like going to a movie. Some of the posters may be playing themselves, some may not. Often I like to imagine, for example, that a character like Dr. Rock was and continues to be invented by a sweet old lady school teacher. I think that adds to the fun.

Perhaps I should be banned for not taking all this seriously. Well, there you have it.
Shelby,

These thoughts below are my personal feelings. I am not speaking here for anyone escept myself. Though every other moderator may agree with me.

The main problem with Jacinto is not that he misrepresented his biographical information and then came clean and told us he "was a sweet old lady school teacher." The problem is that he staged a death that disrupted this board, caused grief for many members and the entertainment we all want was gone for days.

I am in no way endorsing little old ladies posing as young men with big dicks. I am just saying little ladies posing as young men pales compared to a staged death. To me this is about as high a person can go in trolling.

Sure if the little old lady is never caught or revealed, no one is the wiser and no one hurt. That is a valid point you make. BUT!!! The key is "no one is hurt by it and no trolling done."

Freddie

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
To the board,

The following is a commentary or editorial that I have written on this whole affair. I will be out of town Thursday through Sunday. And I have some things I have to do tonight. i hope you will all read it. I hope it will give some healing and closure to some of you here at LPSG.

So here is my editorial on the Jacinto story:

DMW was a very loved person by many here at the LPSG. in the internet world people live fanciful lives. In reality Jacinito wasa fictional character in the mind of a real person. While the values Jacinto espoused were real and revered here by some people, the biographical information the person who use the pen name Jacinto was false. For whatever reason, the person who created DMW decided to no longer live his life through Jacinto. Rather then leave quietly, he appeard to the board as Jacinto's brother to announce Jacinto's death and stirred up a shitstorm.

Madame_Zora did the investigation and reported to the moderators. She requested that she explain to the board what happened. We were willing to do to let her announce this to the hoard.

Please keep in mind that some of the moderators were close to who they thought was a real Jacinto and mourned his death and that has included me.

It has been an extremely difficult emotional burden to determine that there never was a Jacinto except in the mind of a man who created Jacinto and then had him die.

To put a large group of people through a time of mourning for a personality that they thought was real is inexcusable behavior. It is the worst kind of trolling there is.

Let us all remember that everyone has been hurt and affected by this. Everyone. Even if you really didn't know Jacinto and are reading this, then you
have been affected by the drama of a faked death.

Now is the time the time for us to reach out to each other and support each other as a family here at LPSG.

There were some who doubted in the past. Your worst fears have been confirmed. For those who stood up ofr Jacinto, you have been deceived.

I mourned deeping upon reading that Jacinto was dead. I simply adored him No doubt the man who created Jacinto is one of the brightest minds I have ever encountered. But being brilliant and being a man of character are two totally different things.

And the man who created Jacinto is not a man of character.

Continue posting your feelings. It helps in the healing process.

I love all my LPSG family. Let's pull together. Through tragedy we can find triumph. Through this we can and should become closer than ever.

Freddie

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Freddie53 said:
The problem is that he staged a death that disrupted this board, caused grief for many members and the entertainment we all want was gone for days.
This is the question being dodged by previous posters. A fake persona is one thing, and fairly routine. But if the poster gets tired, why not just stop? The death fiction is different - you are dealing with a genuine pervert. It would be wise to expect more perversions from the same source. Not being a pervert myself, I have no insight into what form they might take. But they're on the way, for sure.

Moving on - apologies to BuddyBoy aren't enough. Abject govelling probably won't be enough either. I have no idea who BuddyBoy is - he may be another incarnation of the same perv, but at least he was invariably polite, in strong contrast with some others. And that is a virtue, conspicuous by its rarity if nothing else.

But the obvious stinkbomb in the ointment is that a couple of regulars have now been revealed to be not only rude assholes, but, even worse, dumb rude assholes. [Sorry, I reserve such language for those occasions when it's earned]. One of the Mod Squad posting on this thread still doesn't seem to realize just how much of a jerk he made of himself, and another has taken refuge in formalism (of the "sure he was right but he should have done it differently, so it's still all his fault" school). He as used in the previous sentence is the neuter masculine pronoun, or, if you prefer, an exercise in grammatical gender - it doesn't mean he, as in something with xy chromosomes.

Intellectual honesty should compel these moderators, who have demonstrated such piss-poor judgment (not, to be sure, while they were moderators - their failures as moderators are not so severe - not yet, anyway), to consider resigning posts to which they are apparently unsuited. Particularly if their position as moderators is due in any part to that ridiculous flounce-off episode, which occurred about the time all the "fuck yous" were flying in such abundance.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This thread is not about board moderation, so please don't try to make it so. A lot of people need to accept that Rob E choose the Moderator team that HE wanted for HIS board for HIS reasons. Pecker said it much better than I could over in the other thread where we have heard this ad nauseum.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Boy, have I been away too long. I checked into a few threads from time to time, but have been so busy I didnt want to get involved in any conversations. So now I come back to see all this amazing drama.

At the risk of seeming irreverent to those whose emotions have been affected by the great DMW episode of 2006, this whole thing brought to mind an odd idea. Suppose a very brilliant and twisted novelist came to a board such as this and created a number of different personas, all of which develop online relationships and create drama. Deep relationships would form between the real and fake characters and the faker could create entire complex psychological scenarios. It would make a good novel, wouldn't it? Using this recent example, even the Mme Zora character could be one of the novelists constructs, who gets involved in the exposure of one of the other fake characters, etc.

Imagine layer upon layer of false characters reacting to the postings and exposures of other fake characters. (My apologies to Mme Zora. I am not implying that I think she is not real.).

There is a kind of art called Participatory Art or something like that, where the artist performs something in a public place that looks real, such that spectators participate unwittingly. Like an artistic version of standing on a crowded sidewalk and staring upwards, causing others to stop and do the same thing. This incident is like an electronic version of Participatory Art. This is very fascinating.

Anyway, my sympathies go out to anyone whose emotions were jerked around by the exposure and by the historical relationship with the posers. I, too, admired DMW's intelligence and articulateness. I apologize again for my lack of respect for what others may have gone through. I don't mean to be so lighthearted about it. But I am seriously fascinated by the creative possibilities this might have. Perhaps even a psychological thriller novel could come out of this.

JustAsking

PS: Someone posted a comment in this thread that reminded me of a line from an SNL skit where someone says, "This is more dramatic than the hospital scene in a Mexican Soap Opera."

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
JustAsking, I was hoping you'd chime in, You're one of the other "big brains" he could be, haha. I had a theory that lpsg could have originally been started by a group of bored mensa kids who thought of the funniest oxymoron they could come up with at 16- THE LARGE PENIS SUPPORT GROUP.

BuddyBoy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is a hard post for me to write, but I want to explain, not excuse, some of the things I did and let you know a few more things about me.

First of all, I am a real person, not someone’s duplicate identity. I will post a verified pic, Chuck, and you’ll see I’m a 41 year old, freckled chub with glasses.

I’ve lurked on the board for a while. I truly liked the DMW character, Truth be told, I liked him a lot and had a crush on him. He embodied a lot of the things I like in a guy – wit, intelligence, a down-to-earth attitude. He seemed to have a continental outlook, and I’ll confess my weakness for Latino and Italian men.

When KidBroTrouble announced his death, I was devastated. I spent a lot of time going back to read DMW’s posts because I wanted to recapture his spirit, the same way, for example, I’ll decide to rewatch a move or go through an entire TV series from the beginning again once it’s gone off the air.

The problem was, as I started working backwards, I came across some posts that questions aspects of DMW’s identity. Part of me was puzzled, but part of me was hopeful. Maybe he wasn’t dead, maybe KidBroTrouble was just stirring up something. Trouble was, as I dug deeper into the archives, it started to look less and less like DMW existed in the first place, at least in the public persona that he claimed. If that persona didn’t exist, how could that persona die?

Now although I’m not big on fakes, I also don’t believe in posting anyone’s personal information on a public bbs without their permission. Is it wrong of me and others to think that when someone posts their own personal information it’s open to verification? Perhaps, because it shows a lack of trust. I think it becomes an issue for each of us to decide for ourselves, and accept the consequences for doing it or not.

I have a hot button, though. It’s people who fake their death on the internet. As people may guess, it has happened to me before and it’s devastating, as I’m sure people here are discovering. It’s cruel, heartless and a total betrayal.

I was starting to have serious doubt about DMW’s death, but tried to be open minded and supportive of the Nunez family, if they existed, by gently reminding some of the other detractors on the Bad News thread that without knowing the truth, it was better to err on the side of caution and not post these kind of comments in a tribute thread.

Now, my big failing and mistake: I knew the tribute thread was not the place to post my concerns, but what I didn’t realize is that it also wasn’t the TIME to post my concerns anywhere. For that, I am truly sorry. My questioning hurt many people when my motivation was to help alleviate the hurt by pointing out that the facts pointed to this being a made-up death. I seriously misjudged the situation and ended up making everything worse. I got quite defensive because I did take a lot of flack for, in my mind at the time, just posting a couple of simple facts and encouraging people to make their own conclusions. Now I realize that I should have waited a while and perhaps started more discreetly with a few PMs.

I also want to apologize for thinking that some of you were in on it, and putting up a smokescreen under which DMW could escape. I was starting to get out my tinfoil hat and try to figure out how many posters here were the same person – I’m glad that many of you are real and not, as I was beginning to wonder, the same half-dozen people talking to themselves.

Lastly, and this is a hard part for me, I need to be honest about one aspect of my motivation, of which I’m slightly ashamed. I’m not presenting this as an excuse, or a carte blanche, in fact, it’s something I’m not proud of: I have OCD, obsessive compulsive disorder. It’s mild, and usually kept under control with my anti-depressants, but every so often it flares up and gets ugly. Usually, it manifests itself with a fruitless search for some misplaced item which continues until 5 am in the morning, but in the case of DMW it manifested itself royally in checking out every god damned obituary in the state and every school board in a 150 mile radius of LaSalle Parish. The people who called me a sociopath were off the mark by a bit, but those who called me obsessed were bang on. :frown1:

I’m sorry.

sexycobra

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lex said:
This thread is not about board moderation, so please don't try to make it so. A lot of people need to accept that Rob E choose the Moderator team that HE wanted for HIS board for HIS reasons. Pecker said it much better than I could over in the other thread where we have heard this ad nauseum.

OK, this post is going to sound harsh (especially coming from me), but I believe it is warranted:

I am very disappointed and disturbed that Lex and madame_zora simply refused to apologize to BuddyBoy.:mad: I asked for it nicely earlier this morning, now you just got a harsher comment from big_dirigible. Do I need to quote your posts just to put them back in your face? Please prove that you were worthy of being selected as moderators by showing some integrity and character.

If I were sarcastic, I could almost say that what is OK for madame_zora to say is not ok for BuddyBoy, or prepstudinsc, or others to say. It certainly seems that way to me right now. :rolleyes: I should point out that, early this morning, private information regarding the poster registered as DMW was available, before being taken off this thread. Private PM exchanges are still visible on this thread. Now, I thanked madame_zora because I felt that this was valuable info to provide to the board. I would not necessarily give her kudos or congratulate her as other posters did. At least she admitted to her blindness, and explained us a few things in the process, although she could have spared some personal details. The point is, when other posters tried to do the same thing in a more civilized way, they got a harsh rebuttal.

All we ask (and I say "we" because it's clear I'm not the only one) is that some regulars take a long, hard look at what they did. The fact that they happen to have been selected as moderators makes it all the more urgent and necessary.

Let me quote an excerpt from Dr Rock' post on the new mods:
http://lpsg.org/showthread.php?p=404721#post404721

that aint really the point though, is it? considerations like that are all very nice and all, but where any form of authority over information is concerned, they take a very distant back seat to essential things like stability, integrity and perspective. many (although by no means all, sadly) of the mods he's chosen do have one or even two of those qualities ... but i can only see two names on that list whom i'd consider as possessing all three.

So, please show us some stability, integrity, and perspective. If you can't or are unwilling to do that, then it is justified to question your choice as moderators. But I agree with you Lex, this is not the topic of this thread, and this is not the topic of my post either.

Why I am posting this? Not to stir up more trouble, but simply to make sure that everyone on this board is treated fairly, and perhaps to encourage mods to be more accountable for their actions and attitudes. If we truly want to leave this nightmarish episode behind us, then we have to make sure that everyone is included in the collective forgiving and patting on the back.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
JustAsking said:
At the risk of seeming irreverent to those whose emotions have been affected by the great DMW episode of 2006, this whole thing brought to mind an odd idea. [. . .] Deep relationships would form between the real and fake characters and the faker could create entire complex psychological scenarios. It would make a good novel, wouldn't it?
A good novel, perhaps, but let's not do it here. To form "deep relationships" without the informed consent of the real people involved is psychological abuse. I'm willing to respect the privacy of people who don't choose to reveal their identities to me, and I'm willing to trust people who do make that choice. I don't consent to being exploited -- or, now that I'm a moderator, allowing other board members to be exploited -- to fulfill some 'novelists' fantasy.

This is a general comment about misdirection, and not a specific reference to this bit of drama. Not just, anyway.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sexycobra--we were obviously posting at the same time.

BuddyBoy -- thank you for that clarification. DMW was a huge presence here and he affected many here in different ways both good and bad it seems. I am glad that you have chosen to verify yourself with a pic---given the recent circumstances it feels better to move forward that way.

I will take this opportunity to apologize to you for yelling, cursing, and being rather obnoxious (as I am wont to do). I am an outspoken person and that fueled with the overall emotional energy on the board at that time put a lot of people on the precipice.

We all fall short some time. The thing I pride myself on is working everyday to be a better person than I was the day before. As Steve319 said (and we chat on this topic daily)--a constant state of becoming--no greater challenge. No greater reward.

Clean slate moving forward. Deal? *extends hand*

BuddyBoy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Lex said:
Clean slate moving forward. Deal? *extends hand*
Deal. *shakes* You were motivated by your caring and loyalty to a friend. It may not make it OK, but it makes it understandable.