The most bizarre dream I've ever had, I think...

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Imported, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

mindseye: Thought I'd post this. Maybe someone around here could make some sense out of it.

There was a farm where brown bats were raised -- there were large trees on the farm to provide shade, and the bats would hang upside-down from the trees and sleep during the day. Periodically, a caretaker would come out and mow the grass, but mostly the bats were left alone.

An evil guy (or, I dunno, maybe someone who just hated bats) shrunk the farm down to palm-of-your-hand-size, scooped it up and buried it inside an orange Dreamsicle (you know those things -- orange sherbet on the outside, vanilla ice cream on the inside?)

...which is where I figure into the dream. I find I'm part of a team of explorers trying to rescue the bats and the caretakers. We're shrunk down to scale, and armed with chainsaws -- so we're chipping away at the orange ice trying to cut through so we can get to the softer ice cream on the inside -- and all the while, we're being reminded to be careful, because we don't want to cut too deeply and cut right into one of the bats we're rescuing.

Not that the dream had an ending or anything, or if it did, I don't remember that part. And -- to dovetail this into another thread -- it was in color, but I don't remember the colors being especially vivid. (I mean, orange is pretty bright, but that wasn't the impression I had.)

2. Imported

Gold Member

longtimelurker: Nuts. :)

Have you watched one of those old 'shrink the scientists to fit in the bloodstream and cure the disease' movies recently?

3. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

That was rather disturbing. It evokes images of Fantastic Voyage with an ecological slant. It probably would've been a good idea to take Jeff Corwin with you. Your bizarre dream makes my bizarre dream pale in comparison. Mine involved Rue McClanahan, Tim Curry and anal insertion of kosher dill pickles. Okay, so maybe it's not so tame after all!

4. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: DMW-

I'm having strange visuals of Rue, Tim, and pickles...that gave me a chuckle.

Mindseye - that is odd...bats/dreamsicles is not a combination I'd think of...our subconcious works in mysterious ways.

7x6&C

5. Imported

Gold Member

jackinman: Hey mindseye, were you watching "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" or Jumangi with Robin Williams.

That may have caused it.

6. Imported

Gold Member

mindseye: Yeah, this definitely wasn't like most of my dreams. Heh.

I've seen both Fantastic Voyage and Honey I Shrunk The Kids (though not Jumanji), but it's been years since I've seen either of them. For that matter, it's probably been six months since I've had a Dreamsicle.

And strange as this was, I can hardly imagine the meeting between Blanche Deveraux and Frank N. Furter. ;)

What are some of y'all's most messed-up dreams?

7. Imported

Gold Member

HUMONGOUS: to borrow a comment from tender--perhaps you should submit yourself to one of those "University sleep sites" and let them find out what is wrong with you. perhaps your dream is very significant :p :-[ ;D :D 8)

Draft saved Draft deleted