The Most Blasphemous Movies Ever: An Easter Treat!

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I found this amazingly funny list earlier from empire magazine about the most blasphemous movies ever - according to the ''Number 1 Christian Entertainment Media Analysis Website" capalert.com...

Empire Online : Most Blasphemous

Funny and wierd at the same time. Happy easter, Ya'll!

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The full list of 'Most Blasphemous' are below:

7. Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
6. Bring It On
5. Beowolf
4. The Simpsons Movie
3. Cabin Fever
2. Sin City
1. South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut

I think this says something about me, seeing as all of these movies are some of my favourite flicks of all time!

lemont77

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
See, I wouldn't have gone in that direction. I'd have thought movies like "The Reaping," "Angel Eyes," and "The Exocist" would fit better into this list. Hell, even "Scary Movie 2" had that whole fake-exorcist thing with James Woods...which was hilarious.

B_IanTheTall

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The full list of 'Most Blasphemous' are below:

7. Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
6. Bring It On
5. Beowolf
4. The Simpsons Movie
3. Cabin Fever
2. Sin City
1. South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut

I think this says something about me, seeing as all of these movies are some of my favourite flicks of all time!

I'm quite surprised that Golden Compass, Harry Potter, and Dogma are missing. But astounded that The Last Temptation of Christ is not on the list.

BTW my boyfriend has a South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut t-shirt and friends have commented along the lines of, 'I see you believes in truth in advertising.'

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm quite surprised that Golden Compass, Harry Potter, and Dogma are missing. But astounded that The Last Temptation of Christ is not on the list.

Indeed. The Simpsons Movie is utterly tepid compared to these. How about The DaVinci Code? Or if they're looking for more obscure films: The Gospel According To St. Matthew.

Personally, I consider sanctimonious cruft like Left Behind and Veggie Tales to be far more offensive than any of their top ten.