The most racist country and the least racist country

korinaus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I know it is a silly question. But I have always been curious about this.

Guys, which country do you think is the most racist country and the least racist country in the world??

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I haven't been to every country in the world, so I feel somewhat under-qualified to answer.

And do you mean in the cultural attitudes of the people, in the letter of the law? Or a combination?

I disagree that your question is silly, but I'm not sure it is possible to answer.

kit_kat

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am not an expert but just as a matter of opinion I think:
Most racist: France/Australia (France: most recent race riots, banning of head scarves, Le Pen; Australia: beating Indian students, treatment of aborigines)

Least racist: USA

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
People are racist, not countries. You could say that the UK is the most racist and the least racist for example. Some cultures do however seem to be less penetrable to outsiders though.

I have personally encountered racism in several countries, but I don't think that it is of any value to list them.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Most racist: France [...] (France: most recent race riots, banning of head scarves,

You are over simplifying that. And this is kinda what I meant in my first post. Urban France is actually very racially tolerant in many ways, but extremely cuturally prejudiced. As long as people do things 'the French way' the French accept them.

The civil unreast of 2005 that you describe as 'race riots' was not that simple. The unrest was not strictly divided down race lines - there were many white youths protesting alongside the 1st, 2nd and 3rd(+) north African immigrants. Because of its timing in world events it was put down to being a lot to do with Islamic unrest but within France that was not how it was seen or handled.

And don't get me started on thr 'bannig' of headscarves' - do you actually have any idea what you are taling about there, of any of the cases or rulings involved? Or did you just pick it up from Faux?

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
They didn't pick it up from Fox news. They got it from the three main networks.
If you want to see prejudice, go to Africa where tribes hate peeps just because they are from another tribe. They see their tribe as their race. Go to Asia where racism exists. Go to Boca Raton where no non-Jew is allowed to buy real estate in certain sections. It happened to my uncle's in-laws. It was made quite clear to them that no "Tile" had ever lived there nor would they be allowed to live there.
Shoot come on this site. It is full of racism, religious hatred, political hatred, jealousy because hickboy is hung so huge, all kinds of stuff on here.

liberia

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I was going to say that Israel is the most racist country, but the prize must go to Liberia in W.Africa. It`s actually in their constitution that "no non-negro can become a citizen". You just can`t get more racist than that. And I agree that Africans by and large are very racist -- that is because they are so ignorant. I know as I have lived there.There are very few countries that are less racist than Britain, especially in London.

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
some of these choices are fucking stupid! Every country has racist elements. To say the USA is the least racist country is stupid (even NJQT must agree with me the "anti-American" on that one). to say Britain is the most racist is stupid.) to prove it, the amount of people that out number the racists at their marches usually ventures ear 3-1, so if we are the most racist country, the world is in a fucking good place.

As Drifterwood put it, people are racist not countries, in the global downturn, racism will increase as people look for scapegoats, threads like this dont help (not that im blaming the OP in anyway, i just think the question should be reweorded). It doesnt matter what country racists come from them, we should just simply stand up to them.

D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Experimental Member
Media
You are over simplifying that. And this is kinda what I meant in my first post. Urban France is actually very racially tolerant in many ways, but extremely cuturally prejudiced. As long as people do things 'the French way' the French accept them.

The civil unreast of 2005 that you describe as 'race riots' was not that simple. The unrest was not strictly divided down race lines - there were many white youths protesting alongside the 1st, 2nd and 3rd(+) north African immigrants. Because of its timing in world events it was put down to being a lot to do with Islamic unrest but within France that was not how it was seen or handled.

And don't get me started on thr 'bannig' of headscarves' - do you actually have any idea what you are taling about there, of any of the cases or rulings involved? Or did you just pick it up from Faux?

I think thats true with any country "when in rome..." the US is different. you get spit on if you don't bow down every new comers tradittions.

Yeah France has had some problems, but i don't think trying to keep you're cultural identity is racist by any means, particularly when you open your doors to strangers and they slap you in the face.

korinaus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thanks, guys! I really appreciate all the personal opinions. And I believe it could be a silly question but asking and answering a question like this never makes the person a racist, because everybody has a different opinion and everybody should be given to have a say on racism or even be free to choose to be a racist or not. I think the forced silence is the worst thing when it comes to racism.

If I have my say on my own question, I think, my home country, South Korea, is sadly one of the worsts. There is a certain tendency there that Koreans look up on white people and look down on colored people. Basically, the darker you are, the more attitude you get. But I also think this tendency is prevalent throughout Asia and further all around the world, just a matter of degree.

When it comes to racism in Australia where I live now, it is way much better than what I heard in Korea before I actually came to the country. It seems many people outside Australia somehow believe the country is the worst racist nation among English speaking countries. But almost everyone I have personally met here are carefree about race even though there are still a bit of people who are explicitly racists on the street. And I don't think it is racism but people here tend to hang around only with their race including white. All in all, it is my impression that the important thing is whether you are 'a truly Aussie mate' or not rather than race. :)

Personally, I think Canada is the least racist country at least among English speaking countries. This is, of course, a very biased and prejudiced opinion (I have never been to Canada in the first place). Here are my reasons.

1. Canada has the highest interracial marriage/dating rate. I think this rate means a lot. I mean marriage/dating is the most intimate human relationship, so I think, if you are open to it (not theoretically but actually), you really get over racism. Of course, race preference in dating is totally another matter.

2. And, in Canada, there are comedians like Russel Peters who is allowed to make fun of his own and other races including white. I think it shows the fundamental tolerance on other races within the society, not pretence.

3. It is stupid but Canadian girls I have met are all nice and kind to me. hehe.

Anyway, thanks again for all the opinions!

Last edited: