the most serious threat to human health- scary sh*t

Smartalk

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Guys I have to report a friend of mine who is a chemist for the water industry, confirmed that they have a problem with high estrogen levels in drinking water. This is a reult of women being on oral contraception and HRT their urine contains high levels of estrogen and thus gets into our water supply. My friend went on to say that they have no method of filtering or removing estrogen from our water supply. Don't knock it until you have done your own indepth research. Just because you have a big willy it dode'nt mean it's not having an effect on your body.

Cheers Smartalk

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Guys I have to report a friend of mine who is a chemist for the water industry, confirmed that they have a problem with high estrogen levels in drinking water. This is a reult of women being on oral contraception and HRT their urine contains high levels of estrogen and thus gets into our water supply. My friend went on to say that they have no method of filtering or removing estrogen from our water supply. Don't knock it until you have done your own indepth research. Just because you have a big willy it dode'nt mean it's not having an effect on your body.

Cheers Smartalk
I'm well-versed in chemistry (not my degree, but I had to take Chem I, Chem II, Organic I, Organic II, P-Chem I, P-Chem II, and Quantitative Analysis), and my partner's Ph. D is in analytical chemistry.

The controversy in the OP is not whether synthetic estrogen and analogs are in the environment; the controversy (at least to me) was his claims of sources, and his promotion of his water purification system.

The fact that there are now measureable levels of synthetic estrogens and analogs in the environment is a matter for concern. What to do about it is another issue entirely. Drinking bottled water, though, isn't the answer a lot of people think it is. Most of it, (even if labeled to lead you to believe it's from natural springs) is nothing more than filtered tap water from a municipal source. After bottling, some terephthalates do leach into the water from the polyethylene terephthalate (PET) plastic bottle, making it worse for you than the tap water.

bigdude

Experimental Member
Media
I'm well-versed in chemistry (not my degree, but I had to take Chem I, Chem II, Organic I, Organic II, P-Chem I, P-Chem II, and Quantitative Analysis), and my partner's Ph. D is in analytical chemistry.

The controversy in the OP is not whether synthetic estrogen and analogs are in the environment; the controversy (at least to me) was his claims of sources, and his promotion of his water purification system.

The fact that there are now measureable levels of synthetic estrogens and analogs in the environment is a matter for concern. What to do about it is another issue entirely. Drinking bottled water, though, isn't the answer a lot of people think it is. Most of it, (even if labeled to lead you to believe it's from natural springs) is nothing more than filtered tap water from a municipal source. After bottling, some terephthalates do leach into the water from the polyethylene terephthalate (PET) plastic bottle, making it worse for you than the tap water.

how many times do i have to say this? i'm not with ANY company trying to promote ANY air purification system. I'm simply concerned about the levels of estrogen and estrogen-mimicking chemicals in the environment (most of which are produced by man). I stated that I had posted the wrong website for ppl to read, seeing as how people became skeptics right off the bat thinking I was selling these products. MY BAD...infact, i'm going to edit my first post and delete this source right now

Marley- lol, ur a funny dude and u always keep things light-hearted. But it's important to note that there are good and bad estrogens. The second article I posted discusses the differences in how we're able to metabolize healthy, naturally-occuring plant-based estrogens such as phytoestrogens and how it's much more difficult to combat the xeno's, which lurk in our bodies for longer periods of time, create hormonal imbalances through manipulation or confusion at receptor sites, and are carcinogenic.

There ARE things you can do to limit your exposure to these substances, and the article states a few ways. I actually saw my doctor today for a routine check up but also sheduled an appointment for blood work because I'm curious about my hormonal levels. I think getting hormonal levels checked is healthy for anybody in today's modern world. So tomorrow I'm going to the lab first thing in the morning (on an empty stomach) to get blood work done testing my levels of...

-SBGH (hormones that binds w/testosterone and delivers other hormones through the bloodstream)
-LH (responsible for signaling glands to produce test.
-estrodial (type of estrogen)
-free test (blood stream)
-overall test (SBGH bound and free test levels)
-cortisol (stress hormone)

I've also looked at clomiphene and plan to ask my doctor about that. I don't know of any adverse side effects with taking minimal amounts of estrogen antagonists, but i'm curious to find out. Maybe I'll look around to see if any health stores sell flavanoids in supplemental form.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
the feminization of nature

this article discusses the immense risks associated with xenoestrogens as well as various methods to protect yourself. Not sure what xenoestrogens are? This article will break it down for ya.

Just another example of how modern agriculture/industry/medicine and the pollution of the environment effects us

Xenoestrogens in the Home

I'm aware of these. They can affect embryonic development in amphibian species, causing useless extra limbs and the inability to survive without help.

In Puerto Rico, near a factory that produced birth control pills, some young girls were developing breasts and getting periods before the age of ten. The air filters that blew the air out of the factories was contaminating nearby areas.

It seems weird, but more of these multi limbed and two faced animals are being born and reported at a record pace. Affected fish seem to be mostly females.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
i didnt mean to sound so defensive or start any kind of war

i really dont know why i started this thread, im just trying to raise awareness because i'm really concerned/worried about the future.

Some posters tweak things into humorous catch alls and some people just scoff at the whole idea. However, you're right. It is a problem.

When men get enough of those chemicals into their system and grow breasts, they'll also get penile impotence.

Ha-ha.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
how many times do i have to say this? i'm not with ANY company trying to promote ANY air purification system. I'm simply concerned about the levels of estrogen and estrogen-mimicking chemicals in the environment (most of which are produced by man). I stated that I had posted the wrong website for ppl to read, seeing as how people became skeptics right off the bat thinking I was selling these products. MY BAD...infact, i'm going to edit my first post and delete this source right now
My apologies, I realize after re-reading my post that I made it sound like I thought you were plugging a product, but that wasn't my intention; I meant to say "the author of the link in the OP", not "the author of the OP".

I knew you were not selling these products, I just was not terribly clear.:biggrin1:

B_johnschlong

Experimental Member
Media
the feminization of nature

this article discusses the immense risks associated with xenoestrogens as well as various methods to protect yourself. Not sure what xenoestrogens are? This article will break it down for ya.

Just another example of how modern agriculture/industry/medicine and the pollution of the environment effects us

Xenoestrogens in the Home

This is a conspiracy by a small group of CEO's, chemists and scientists, who are turning all creatures on the planet into beings with boobs and vulvas.

They themselves stay away from the chemical garbage that surrounds us.

In a few decades time, when everything has a vulva, they come out of their hiding places and start to fuck us all.

I hate this kind of conspiracies!