The movie 300

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What did you guys think of the men in this new film? All muscular, gorgeous, and looked like they all had BIG packages... Cant wait till any nude shots of these guys surface. - Alyn, NYC

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
from what I saw so far it look to me like some of the hunks had digitized makeovers.

systemshock3

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I actually really liked it...more for the special effects and male pattern hotness than anything else. While all the men did get in GREAT shape for the movie, yes there was some digital touching up of the bodies themselves, primarily in the ab area. Its subtle...but I play enough video games to know CG'd abs when I see them.

My main issue was with the GROSS historical inaccuracies regarding The Battle of Thermopolae (sp?) and Greek culture itself...as well as how the Persians were portrayed. For their talk of 'boy loving athenians', 1) it is known that homosexual conduct was RAMPANT in ancient greece and 2) It was rampant ESPECIALLY in Sparta, among the professional warriors.

I am hoping World History teachers are planning classes right now along the lines of "The 300...what REALLY happened..and lets talk about ancient Greece"

patersonandy

Just Browsing
Media
I actually really liked it...more for the special effects and male pattern hotness than anything else. While all the men did get in GREAT shape for the movie, yes there was some digital touching up of the bodies themselves, primarily in the ab area. Its subtle...but I play enough video games to know CG'd abs when I see them.

My main issue was with the GROSS historical inaccuracies regarding The Battle of Thermopolae (sp?) and Greek culture itself...as well as how the Persians were portrayed. For their talk of 'boy loving athenians', 1) it is known that homosexual conduct was RAMPANT in ancient greece and 2) It was rampant ESPECIALLY in Sparta, among the professional warriors.

I am hoping World History teachers are planning classes right now along the lines of "The 300...what REALLY happened..and lets talk about ancient Greece"

From what i've seen from interviews and behing the scenes stuff, the abs were painted on rather than CGI - it's much cheaper!.

About the historical inaccuracies - Homosexuality was not rampant through ancient Greece - it was made up of various city states each with their own culture and tradition - but where homosexuality was in practise there were strict rules ie it was generally part of hunting and training and generally done by married men with a younger person. It was NOT an accepted alternative lifestyle.

Also, this is based on a comic book, I don't expect biology teachers to be preparing lessons on 'The biological inaccuracies in the Spiderman origin story'

robbo

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Have just downloaded this movie to watch it tonight, looking forward to watching it even more now.

BTW, didn't Alexander the Great have a homosexual relationship, I'm sure he had a regiment/platoon or whatever consisting of homosexuals.

Kylar

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Alexander the Great had a lover. He died while Alexander was on his conquest.

Anyway, 300 was amazing. I loved every second of that movie. No one really laughed at the sex scene, but everyone applauded after the traitor got stabbed.

Obviously, my favorite part was when Leonidas said, "After all, there's no reason we can't be civil." while the remaining Persians are being stabbed.

But it was a pretty good movie.

steelearch

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
From what i've seen from interviews and behing the scenes stuff, the abs were painted on rather than CGI - it's much cheaper!.

About the historical inaccuracies - Homosexuality was not rampant through ancient Greece - it was made up of various city states each with their own culture and tradition - but where homosexuality was in practise there were strict rules ie it was generally part of hunting and training and generally done by married men with a younger person. It was NOT an accepted alternative lifestyle.

Also, this is based on a comic book, I don't expect biology teachers to be preparing lessons on 'The biological inaccuracies in the Spiderman origin story'
THe problem with that theory is that the entire concept of "sexuality" (hetero/homo/bi) is a 19th Century construct! The wouldn't have identified it as anything distinct, but there was absolutely regular same-sex sexual interaction within ancient Greek culture. For one thing, it was quite common for the lower (non-voting) classes to elevate their social standing by having sex with upper class men. For some, it was about power; for others, about survival; and still others, based upon what we know of human sexuality NOW, did it because they were more attracted to the same sex than the opposite sex! There were really no such thing as "alternative lifestyles".