the mysteries of pittsburgh

D_Rod Staffinbone

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i thought michael chabon's novel, "the mysteries of pittsburgh" was great, granted i could relate to it on a couple of levels. hope the film is as good. will see it tomorrow night. it's in limited release now.

trailer-

The Mysteries of Pittsburgh trailers and video clips on Yahoo! Movies

chabon also wrote "wonder boys" novel, which was made into a film released in 2000.

Last edited:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I never read the book, but the trailer intrigues me greatly: is it possible that they have finally made a well-produced, well-budgeted, all-star vehicle about GLBTs without undue apologizing and where (gasp!) no one dies?

D_Rod Staffinbone

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I never read the book, but the trailer intrigues me greatly: is it possible that they have finally made a well-produced, well-budgeted, all-star vehicle about GLBTs without undue apologizing and where (gasp!) no one dies?

yeah, in the book, sex just happens, as things sometimes do.
some poor reviews for the film. but peter saarsgard, my favorite character from the book, is supposed to be very good. still going to see it 'cause i liked the book. (maybe that would be a reason to stay away?) not michael chabon's fault, he remains a good writer, in my opinion.

Last edited:

D_Rod Staffinbone

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
hey, it's good. sure i would have cut a few minutes off toward the end. but i liked it.
worth seeing in my opinion. don't want to spoil it for anyone, so i'll just leave it at that,
except to say, that the sexual tension between the characters of art (jon foster) and cleveland (peter saarsgard) seemed authentic.

liked the book and the film. the film was shot in pittsburgh, so the locations are all authentic
to the book, for those familiar w/ pittsburgh.

Last edited: