The nerve

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Gecko4lif, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Gecko4lif

Gold Member

Albums:
    At 2 am today I got a call from a girl I havent seen in a long long time. At first I was ecstatic but her reason for calling became apparent pretty soon. She called with the express purpose of asking me to raise her kid. What the fuck. No seriously. WHAT THE FUCK.

Who the hell does that?

We were supposed to get together senior year but she opped for a "Thug" and went our separate ways. Fast forward a few years he knocks her up and bounces and she has the gall to ask me to get with her and help her raise her kid.

Unbelievable.

2. Stephenmass

Gold Member

Albums:
    Perhaps she considers you a good male role model (Is her kid a boy?) for her child. I am not sure how much she expects you to help raise her kid, but perhaps she is simply looking for a good male role model (and someone she trusts obviously) to more or less be kind of like a "big brother"? Just throwing other thoughts out for you. If she was going to relinquish her child to you for the purpose of bailing out of motherhood, I have no respect for that UNLESS she realizes that the life that she can provide is nothing compared to what others can. That I MAY have some respect for if there is validity to it all.

3. Gecko4lif

Gold Member

Albums:
    Id be more inclined to consider other possibilities if she didnt burn bridges years ago. At this point she is little better than a stranger to me.

4. Redwyvre

Gold Member

Albums:
    She must be in a really difficult place and I'm thinking she probably isn't very stable or aware. You might be able to help her find a solution to her problem. When people have come to me with really heavy problems I help them find the local government and/or non-profit agencies that are available to help folks. I'm thinking a women's shelter sort of place might be a good place for her to go to start to sort out her problems.

5. dolfette

Gold Member

ahahahahahaha!

consider that lady a lucky escape, kid.

6. Incocknito

Gold Member

In a way it's flattering. But in another way it's sad.

7. monel

Gold Member

My heart breaks for her child.

Draft saved Draft deleted