The New Yorker Obama Cover

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
We're still talking about this photo?
You think with the supposed outrage that's being trumpeted by some Obama supporters and the highly-hypocritical news media that the New Yorker posted a photo of Obama raping children while Michelle was snapping their necks and drinking their blood. Now THAT would be offensive.

If anything, the New Yorker posted a picture that was nothing more than a cheap shot to get certain people to yell foul. And boy, did it work. If anyone thinks that this is the worst of what's to come, just wait. By the time the election rolls around for real, this picture is going to seem cleaner than a Norman Rockwell portrait.

Last edited:

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
For all the Obama haters who love the cover, you love it for the wrong reasons —
if you consider the goal of the artist who created it. Barry Blitt.
Here are his words on his intent:But as demonstrated so many times here,

you're :banghead: gonna :banghead: see :banghead: what :banghead: you :banghead: want :banghead: to :banghead: see.

:biggrin1:

In other words, he tried using sarcasm in a medium generally meant for satire. Bold move, though maybe not the wisest.

numberseven

Just Browsing
Media
use of the word "misconception" is questionable, given what has been revealed of the fellow

If you have reliable sources to back up the misconceptions depicted on this cover, I'll concede your point. Until then, I suspect you've fallen into the same trap that many Americans have fallen into.

tallguypns

Sexy Member
Media
Pensacola, Florida, United States of America
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Wwwwwait a second!? You mean to tell me that cartoons don't depict reality?

You mean all those funny moments in Bugs Bunny don't really work in the real world because of the laws of physics?

Are you really telling me that Kenny's death (you bastards) and subsequent reappearance on the next episode, every episode of South Park wouldn't be possible in real life?\

Wow, my world no longer makes sense.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Michelle Obama lacks diginity due to giving her husband "dap" and an excited response? The fact is, Michelle Obama is an intelligent and accomplished woman who has apparently not lost touch with social practices of her youth. Dap is perfectly normal and acceptable in the Black community - if it was unknown to others until that moment - high time they learned a little something about different cultural practices within the U.S.

Sure, "dap" is perfectly normal and acceptable in the Black Community but there is a time and place for everything. I can't recall the last time in a high level Job Interview an African American went "Booyah!" when offered the position. :rolleyes:

Yes, It appeared to be highly undignified for a potential First Lady to do to her husband: Booyah Barack! Michelle, being is so intelligent and accomplished...needs to become a little more refined.

Regarding, the 'booyah', so what, lets examine the "dignity" and comportment of the other candidate spouses, shall we? Cindy McCain had(s) a drug problem and steals, and Bill Clinton, well there are several issues, but lets stick with whips his dick out at the slightest opportunity - I'll take the booyah.

Michelle's own husband had a drug problem. Obama seemingly maintains he still has his dignity after "searching to find himself" and hard drug use as a young adult. President Clinton's infidelities? I guess John F. Kennedy's infidelities meant he had no dignity...Obama better run from that comparison he loves so much! What, with his own hard drug use and being compared to an undignified philanderer AND married to a woman who wants to be First Lady and goes around going "BooYah"...it doesn't make Obama look too good. :wink:

People learn to "know" their candidates through image, familiarity, an undefined public persona created by professional political communicators, and "tell me what I want to hear" sound-byte responses in media. That isn't knowing.

I don't agree with that...some may learn about candidates that way...and some people learn part of what they know about candidates that way. And some actually find out about candidates for President and don't let talking heads tell them what to think or a candidate's image machine delude them with rockstar personas or empty rhetoric of hope and change...some people actually look at four decades of work and service and think for themselves.

Obama is not, by your definition, "unknown", voters can use his state and federal senatorial experience to draw conclusions from his record and the perception his constituents have about the betterment of their lives.

By my definition Obama is unknown because he has a weak record and slim resume. Obama has not put in the work to instill trust in knowing what Obama can be trusted with, given power.

Unfortunately, they won't, rather, many prefer talking points regarding "fist bumps" and misinformation about his religion, over, say, FISA, which is much more important and a reason why I won't vote for him.

Oh no, FISA and Obama's many other flip flops has his own people staging an uproar...the issues aren't being ignored. People will choose to vote for or not to vote for Obama because of the issues and whether they believe in and trust the candidate.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Michelle's own husband had a drug problem. Obama seemingly maintains he still has his dignity after "searching to find himself" and hard drug use as a young adult.

Our current President is a recovering drug addict and recovering alcoholic.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sure, "dap" is perfectly normal and acceptable in the Black Community but there is a time and place for everything. I can't recall the last time in a high level Job Interview an African American went "Booyah!" when offered the position. :rolleyes:

Obama wasn't at a job interview. It's slightly telling that something EVERY race does (white, black, mexican) is, according to you, acceptable in the black community. Hmm. You seem to love this whole "black" thing and painting it to be some idiotic culture that Obama has to escape in order to be dignified.

being compared to an undignified philanderer AND married to a woman who wants to be First Lady and goes around going "BooYah"...it doesn't make Obama look too good. :wink:

So Obama looks bad because you think his wife is gonna run around the White House going "booyah!" I had a good laugh at the image, but it's a grossly pathetic assessment. As if the Obamas are completely undignified is they have moments of humanity.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think the only problem is that Americans are stupid enough to believe everything on the cover

NO! Surely they are not that stupid! :eek:

Right on target!

Obama and his wife have displayed a vapid anti-Americanism deriving in large part from the black power ideology espoused by, inter alia, Rev Wright

Highlights his African and Muslim roots, showcasing his thin American veneer

... also exemplified by his elitism, which again is based on his disdain for Americans, also
characteristic of third world classism
I think 'awesome' just about covers it. Very clever indeed. I thought that magazine was fairly liberal though?

I stand corrected.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I stand corrected.

LOL, several posts in this thread alone prove what the article was about. Ooh, black man, scary, run, hide!!!

Obama's chewing gum, it must have crack in it!! He's walking with rhythm, he must be calling upon the Muslim tribes of Moombaazi to bring down a fiery rain upon America. And look at Michelle! She's snapping her fingers to a jazz song, she must be summoning the flying monkeys! Throw some water on her so she can melt back to the ghetto gutters she came from!! People like that should be selling fishplates, not running the country!

Oh NO!! This just int!! They just did the fist bump!! That's how they active the nuclear plant in India where they're going to outsource all of our jobs cuz they want Americans to be displaced!! Save us from this nig- I mean porch mon- I mean African American terroristi!!

Last edited:

WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Waaaaaaah waaaaaah it's not fair waaaaaaah

Quit fucking pissing and moaning like a bunch of overly-sensitive, politically correct, spoiled rotten liberal elitist brats and grow up.

Change this cover to George Bush or John McCain, insert the most baseless, vile, personal, false, twisted, humorless scene or scenario you can imagine and then this thread does not exist. In fact you would see within days the image being sported on tshirts and bumper stickers across the land. And you know it. Fucking crybabies.:rolleyes:

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hell throw Hillary or Bill Clinton on the cover and this thread still wouldn't exist, mugs stay getting defensive of barack. Homey is fair game too.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hasn't McCain said something to the effect that the cover was unfair and a bit over the line?

Yup. His camp said it was tasteless and offensive.
What else could he say? This perhaps?

"oh I think it's a well executed piece of artwork. What impressed me most was the way the artist blended the colors and shadows together so well. Not every artist can do that. My plastic surgeryized wife agrees with me on this and is even willing to undergo another face-pull to prove it, just as she did to prove that global warming is a farce and that the only oil crisis this nation ever has is when the Democrats are involved. I'm John McCain and I am a hero so vote for me if for no other reason. Remember, health care for all is a silly idea since it would involve raising taxes on the wealthiest Americans and I see no reason why I should pay more. Thank you all, God bless you all, good night." and then he'd be wheeled off the stage (take a good look-his legs no longer move),

No candidate who expects to get a win could possibly say what The New Yorker did was acceptable-that would create more of a fury than the cover itself.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Change this cover to George Bush or John McCain, insert the most baseless, vile, personal, false, twisted, humorless scene or scenario you can imagine and then this thread does not exist. In fact you would see within days the image being sported on tshirts and bumper stickers across the land. And you know it. Fucking crybabies.:rolleyes:

If you can come up with an idea for a satirical cartoon about Bush or McCain that both is as far from reality as the one under discussion here and whose contents are accepted as factual by tens of millions of Americans, then you will have made your point.