The next national holiday?

Should the Monday after the SuperBowl be a national holiday?

• Yes

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 50 42.7%
  • I'm not American, so I could care less.

Votes: 36 30.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jakeatolla

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Sounds great for the hangover.
But up here in Canada , I'm proposing jan. 23rd from now on.
Why you ask ? Because that will be the aniversary of the
Liberals being voted out of office. Whooo hoooo!!!!!

Webster

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
aloofman said:
How about January 20, 2009?

I remember being in the middle of a huge gathering in the streets the night Clinton was elected. Everyone was so filled with hope and pride.

How could our government have sunk so far so fast ever since January 20, 2001?

Oh. This was supposed to be related to the Super Bowl. I'll be at a party with my friends. It's just an excuse to get together for a great pot luck and comment on the tight butts.

The day after, I'll be in school. No holiday necessary...........................

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm always in favor of any new holiday. I think the United States should have at least as many holidays as does Japan.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
TexAssgirl said:
So the talk lately is the possibility of making the day after SuperBowl Sunday a national holiday. Thoughts?
The word holiday is a derivitive of the word holy day as in ancinet times all days off were for religious celebrations.

The super bowl definitely is a holy day for some here in America.

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
:newbie:, but I'll respond anyway... Hell no. The bank is closed enough as it is. Now, if I get the day off as well, that's cool with me.

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just a quick thought - Do any other countries have their own professional football (not soccer) league? Sort of like Baseball in Japan?

C

college22punk9

Yeah this has to be one of the dumbest ideas i've heard. Yes football is popular, but to have a holiday... thats just retarded. But i guess this is the direction our country is taking. Maybe we could start celebrating the old holidays if we want "another day off".... at least they have some sort of meaning that isn't based around overpaid players, and alcohol. Oh its a football final, we need the day off afterwards. geez. what people think are important nowadays, just amazes me.

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ok, I suppose I'll chime in now. Personally, I'm not a big football fan either. I only watch the SuperBowl for the commercials. My husband is a nut about it though and had been saying for years that it should be a holiday the next day. My only reason for agreeing with him is b/c so many people already "call in sick" the next day and it just creates hardships for their fellow employees. Make life simplier for everyone and give it off....a fair portion of the population already take it off anyway.

For example: http://www.kronos.com/About/pr_super_bowl_feb1.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.