B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Members suspended/banned so far:
Snoozan - WTF did she do?
mercurialbliss - WTF did she do? & can use No_Strings account
cigarbabe - WTF did she do? can use Mr. Ed's account
ManlyBanisters - WTF did she do? Might use HickBoys account
BedheadRed - She has been out of her mind for at least 90 days and should have been reined in before Christmas. nj, I'm confused as to why you think this? can you shed some light for me?
vince - WTF, did he do?
Lex - Which of the things he said pissed who off now? :confused: Does his hubby have an account? yes
Italian1 -IMHO should be permanently banned.
mem0101- IMHO should be permanently banned.
arliss - IMHO should be permanently banned.
lafever - IMHO should be permanently banned.

Further more them using their s/o's accounts is against the ToS as well. :tongue:

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Just because I can, I want to comment on this NS/Merc comment. They switched avatars. Did they actually USE each other's accounts? Or is that just speculation? I know they were seeing what it is like to be a member of the opposite gender.

I could be wrong, but I thought they simply switched avis and galleries, but used their proper accounts.
Could be wrong, as I say ...

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, certainly I won't be paying for "Gold Membership" anytime soon. That's something you can do. Vote with your dollars (or whatever currency) and refrain from buying a "Gold Membership." :wink:

Unfortunately, I'm already a Gold member... I liked seeing the BIG pictures... :tongue:

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Dang, Lex, I can't write you because you are refusing messages and emails. Sweetie, I'm so sorry that this happened to you.

You know where you can communicate with him.:wink:

(and many of the rest of present and past martyrs of over control)

Further more them using their s/o's accounts is against the ToS as well. :tongue:

The whole thing is academic. There's nothing to prevent anyone of them from reading over their SO's shoulder and saying, "Now type the following..." Unless anyone of them is dumb enough to admit using the other's account we just have to accept them at face value. That's OK by me. It's part of how things work when you're married or shacked-up :tongue: or whatever. You've always got to expect love to be thicker than an avatar.

As for the mercurialbliss and No_Strings thing... they switched avatars, profiles, and galleries but not accounts. It took me a while to get it but I did ask specifically what was going on and it was explained to me.

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
BedheadRed - She has been out of her mind for at least 90 days and should have been reined in before Christmas.

Whaddaya mean NJ? Serious inquiry, as hers was the first banning I noticed and it left me relatively confused. All her "look at me" pictures, threads and whatnot were a tad annoying, but if you could clarify that, I'd appreciate it.

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
Am I the only one who was at first confused then just annoyed last fall when No_Strings & MercurialBliss chose to switch avatars, then accounts for about a month? Yeah, they're in love and it's cute; but a slap on the wrists was in order as that was a clear cut breaking of the rules.

No, it was not a clear cut breaking of the rules. No rule whatsoever was actually broken AFAIK. JB and Jason are correct
We did not switch accounts, or post under each other's identites - all that happened was a change of avatar, galelry and profile information.
All of which many member do almost daily, none of which is against any part of the ToS if I recall it correctly.
Forget about the fact that we changed our galleries to each others pictures, and is it still deserving of a slap on the wrist?

As for the recent suspensions:

I think that the punishment is too harsh for some, not harsh enough for others... in that sense it's all been kept equal as it's unfair for everyone. It may sound illogical at first, but this helps erase any grey areas, in my opinion.

Break the ToS, get banned. Black and white. The decision that was made supports objectivity rather than subjectivity, moreso than previous moderator/administrator decisions anyway. (Which is what many have called for? This decision isn't a universal panacea for sure, but a start, no?)

The only people who we know have been banned that I haven't personally seen break the ToS are Lex and Vince. Though there's quite possibly something that I've missed.

Do I think mercurialbliss broke the ToS? Yes.
Do I agree with any punishment the moderators therefore hand out to her? Well, yes.

I don't agree with the lack of warnings, the fact that some members who have broken the ToS are not banned or that it took this long to 'resolve'.

All said and done, I believe this outcome, while not the best by far, is much better than many other possible conclusions. (If, indeed, this has brought any kind of closure to recent events.)

If anyone would like to contact mercurialbliss feel free to PM me and I will pass the message on.

Edit: This does not imply that I think the mods have been doing a good job of late(I think quite the opposite, in fact), or that my own decision were I a mod would have been similar.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, it was not a clear cut breaking of the rules. No rule whatsoever was actually broken AFAIK. JB and Jason are correct
We did not switch accounts, or post under each other's identites - all that happened was a change of avatar, galelry and profile information.
All of which many member do almost daily, none of which is against any part of the ToS if I recall it correctly.
Forget about the fact that we changed our galleries to each others pictures, and is it still deserving of a slap on the wrist?

I was wrong, I apologize. :redface: Had a wrong been committed then a slap on the wrist may have been in order as IMO that was minor. That said I missed the thread(s) which got your MB banned. Hence my disagreeing with it.:cool:

As for the recent suspensions:
I think that the punishment is too harsh for some, not harsh enough for others...
Agreed.
in that sense it's all been kept equal as it's unfair for everyone. It may sound illogical at first, but this helps erase any grey areas, in my opinion.
Disagree

Break the ToS, get banned. Black and white. The decision that was made supports objectivity rather than subjectivity, moreso than previous moderator/administrator decisions anyway.

The only people who we know have been banned that I haven't personally seen break the ToS are Lex and Vince. Though there's quite possibly something that I've missed.

Do I think mercurialbliss broke the ToS? Yes.
Do I agree with any punishment the moderators therefore hand out to her? Well, yes.

I don't agree with the lack of warnings, the fact that some members who have broken the ToS are not banned or that it took this long to 'resolve'.
I'm not sure a warning is always needed. It depends on the severity of the transgression.

All said and done, I believe this outcome, while not the best by far, is much better than many other possible conclusions. (If, indeed, this has brought any kind of closure to recent events.)
That remains to be seen

If anyone would like to contact mercurialbliss feel free to PM me and I will pass the message on.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media

Lex was a bit of a surprise, and Vince was a total surprise.

I agree totally. Which is why it's important not to march from Versailles to Paree in hopes of lopping off the king's head.
We should let things blow over.
Maybe not today, or tomorrow ... but by the time these, um, 'suspensions' are over.

Edit: This does not imply that I think the mods have been doing a good job of late(I think quite the opposite, in fact), or that my own decision were I a mod would have been similar.

Roger.

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I will say that this thread title first conjured up memories of a little known AC/DC song, from For Those About to Rock. One guess as to what the title was really about. Which made the term's application here rather hilarious as a double entendre.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I will say that this thread title first conjured up memories of a little known AC/DC song, from For Those About to Rock. One guess as to what the title was really about. Which made the term's application here rather hilarious as a double entendre.

I guess you had to know my previous username. :wink: No I don't have another account :eek: I had the name changed by admin.:wink:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It is my opinion and only my opinion that if some of the people who have been temporarily suspended had been suspended or banned when their posts/behavior first became a problem on this site, then good (IMO) members such as Osiris and Earllogjam might still be here.

FWIW this is just my opinion, I am not speaking for anyone else.
njqt466

D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Account Disabled
Media
I am a moderator on one site, and I was recently perm banned on another.

It doesn't matter if you are well liked, if you question authority, you will get banned. I got banned twice at this one place, once for lewd behavior. The second time I was perm banned, again for lewd behavior, but enough people liked me to fight to get me back. The third time was the charm. I questioned autority and it was viewed that I was stirring the pot, and it was voted on to have me banned for good. And if anyone were to mention me, they get banned too, as stated by the moderators there. I was a veteran and well liked member by just about everyone, but I saw the moderators changing their views on what was worth moderating and letting slide, and I questioned it. That was the last of me.

I saw a lot of what I saw on that site, here last night. I hope that things get back to what they once were, because what happened on my site was not fun. And I hear from other people on there that the place has gone down hill big time. I would hate to see that happen again, this is a really great site.

Moderators do have a thankless, tedious job. I am lucky that the site I moderate is incredibly small, and all the members are good friends. So we never have any grief. But once you get into the big numbers for members, there will be conflict. And even if you are veteran member and well liked, if you cause a riff, you will not be around long. The goal is to keep the entire site happy, and one person banned (9 in this case) to keep the site as a whole running smoothly, then that's what has to be done.