The night of the long knives.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The worst of it was on the 'other' site, dong.

OK thanks, Rubi. It's a shame when people are unable to realise that sometimes shutting up really is the wisest cause of action only after the event. Isn't there enough angst in life without creating one's own?

I've found that starving parasites usually results in their death or relocation. I always assumed that was common knowledge.

For the record: I would have acted earlier. I'd have banned LA and Arliss permanently, CB for a week, maybe two. I'd have done this immediately after she resurrected and posted in the betrayed thread. At that point it was obvious (to me) where she was headed, despite some polite dissuasion from some.

She bears some of the blame for the escalation but primarily she was acting in a reactive role. I saw nothing in the other (banned) posters comments to merit any action, other than a resigned 'here we go again'.

I usually stay out of these post-mortem threads, I wonder why?:rolleyes::biggrin1:

Bigmanjon

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Posted for my Pup:

Hey LPSG Gang,

Thanks for your emails and messages. The last thing I posted in the now deleted thread was something to the effect that I was not going to argue with mindseye and Prep as it distracted from the real issues (I'd like to add that deleting the thread rather than locking it essentially removed some of the evidence either supporting or undermining the bannings). Clever move. Obtuse, too.

After watching a movie, I found out I was banned. I never received any kind of warning and, after talking to Bliss and mem and Snoozan last evening--neither did they. From my own perspective, I have debated much more strongly about different topics in the past (as have many many members). I was a bit surprised, but nothing this Mod team does surprises me much anymore.

I sent mindseye a request for clarification (so I can know exactly what *I* did) via yahoo messager yesterday and am waiting to hear back. I tried to talk to Naughty via Yahoo IM and was ignored (this after she and I came to a mutual understanding and she told me that 2008 would be a new year for us). This is a letter I got from Pecker after I was banned (sent at approximately 7:46 PM last night. I opened it this morning:

Lex, after a long discussion by the moderators you have been banned for 7 days for baiting and/or inciting. After this cooling off period it is hoped you will be willing to continue to post to the forum in the positive, supporting way that the membership appreciates of you.

Pecker

So I have sent Pecker a reply asking for clarification on either (a) whom I was baiting or (b) what I was inciting.

I have many friends here and they know where to find me. I hereby give DC DEEP, Matthew, Think_Kink and No_Strings permission to share my gmail or yahoo messenger account with anyone who feels the need to contact me. Or just find me at Size Matters (bd.com).

For the second time in less than a year, the Mods have proven their critics correct: bannings don't work. Either ban nobody or ban everybody? And you can't ban everyone, so how about not really banning people unless you have to for the safety of the site? So, either let people police themselves and encourage them to use the ignore feature, or intervene when matters are small. Everyone knows that its best to catch issues before they escalate. For my part, I have learned to use the ignore button and sadly, the two people with whom I get along the least, can not be ignored.

Take care and see you around the World Wide Web,

Lex

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Come on Tripod, 'righteous indignation'? That's an epithet entirely of your own concoction and application - if that is you're saying that's what I accused you of which would be as unfair as it would be inaccurate. If it's not then I apologise for misunderstanding why it's bolded and pointed in my direction.

No, no, no Dong... that is just how I feel... I am sorry that I didn't clarify that. Oops! You are cool as hell!!!! :smile:

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow. The big cheeses...are stale and mouldy? :tongue:

Last thing I remember about (LPSG) last night is...karaoke :confused:

*still doesn't know who CB is...ah...Cigar Babe?*

Mind...slowly...turning...1+1 = ...2?

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No, no, no Dong... that is just how I feel... I am sorry that I didn't clarify that. Oops! You are cool as hell!!!! :smile:

This whole episode sucks, but it's not the first, and likely won't be the last.

Cheers for the clarification, Tripod. There's enough misunderstandings going on right now!!:smile:

London_Calling

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Didn't it stem from the fact that the two main culprits have been acting like arseholes for as long as I can remember and throwing some pretty nasty accusations around? When CB retaliated it was her that got the public tongue lashing from at least one mod, and the two shits carried on unscathed. I think it was at this point that not only the group involved, now banned, but anybody with any decency threw their hands in the air and thought what the fuck is going on?

Yes, a small group were verbal about it but I hope a lot of people were thinking and agreeing with what they were saying.

If the two trolls had been dealt with, instead of protected, a very long time ago then the core group of posters that I certainly enjoy reading would be here interacting today on subjects we're accustomed to with just the right amount of animosity & fierceness!

And yes, I don't mind being called a fuckwad & will call others it too. It's all just fun, eh?

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I guess I have a contrarian view in that I'm pleased with the suspensions. A putrid cesspool was allowed to fester for way too long. I have a minor quibble with the equal duration for all culprits but I fully support the suspensions as a package. Something needed to be done and that need was overdue.

Of the members mentioned in this thread, there's only one or two where I'd say "huh?" -- and I'm not naming anyone -- but for the others I can think of specific posts or multiple posts that justify their suspension. I hope the suspended will reflect and readjust their attitudes. That's an optimistic desire and probably unrealistic.

Thank you, moderators and admins, for finally acting.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I guess I have a contrarian view in that I'm pleased with the suspensions. A putrid cesspool was allowed to fester for way too long. I have a minor quibble with the equal duration for all culprits but I fully support the suspensions as a package. Something needed to be done and that need was overdue.

Of the members mentioned in this thread, there's only one or two where I'd say "huh?" -- and I'm not naming anyone -- but for the others I can think of specific posts or multiple posts that justify their suspension. I hope the suspended will reflect and readjust their attitudes. That's an optimistic desire and probably unrealistic.

Thank you, moderators and admins, for finally acting.

I'm sure you look great in a brown shirt.