the NSTA a stupid question thread

ruffboy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Should I buy a TV, or a record player this year?

I thought I'd wait until one of my friends was throwing one out, but it has been a while now, and I am still waiting.

Some how the thought of buying both seems too much. I do want a record player as my old one died, but perhaps one needs a TV to be part of society these days?

oh man, record player by a mile. and contrary to popular belief the state of the record player manufacturing industry is indeed robust and they have never been better at music reproduction. many audiophiles will argue the sound quality off an LP exceeds that of a CD when the vinyl is properly maintained and a quality turntable and needle are in use. i'd recommend Denon as a brand name for one, have had great luck with this one.

i am not part of some high-minded overblown self-absorbed inteligensia spouting rehashed dinner party verbal masturbation here but TV is definately overrated, unless of course we're talking about 'arrested development'

btw, thanks to whoever moved this to the 'funny zone', i'm an idiot, probably woulda gone a long way towards acheiving the desired intent of someplace for us all to just get stupid for a bit and not be made to feel like an idiot for it ;-p

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
NTSA a stupid question - incorrect. One of the stupidest questions ever asked:

"Honey, does this dress make me look fat?"

Unfortunately, the only true answer is the worst wrong answer:

"No, sweetheart, your fat ass makes you look fat."

ruffboy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
NTSA a stupid question - incorrect. One of the stupidest questions ever asked:

"Honey, does this dress make me look fat?"

Unfortunately, the only true answer is the worst wrong answer:

"No, sweetheart, your fat ass makes you look fat."

ha! quality DC

but i'll agree that's a stupid question, but an equally stupid answer, at least if you were hopin' for a lil action that night :wink:

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Because we take shortcuts with language. We (I assume you mean Americans) do not live in a Democracy, we live in a Democratic Republic -- which is close, but distinctly different. Not enough people care to make the distinction in casual conversation. In a Democracy, rule is by majority vote. In a Democratic Republic, rule is by representatives elected by the majoity.

To take it one step farther, the founding fathers wanted the power of the government to be in the hands of the people, and thus made us Democratic. They wanted to prevent mob rule and to protect the rights of individuals. These rights led them to make us a Republic. Thomas Jefferson ran for president as the candidate for the Party of the Democratic Republic.

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
oh man, record player by a mile .... i'd recommend Denon as a brand name for one, have had great luck with this one.
Oh baby, can I kiss you?

I love Denon, I have a PMA-495R and DCD-485, basic but pefect for me, my speakers are PSB though. No regrets.

i am not part of some high-minded overblown self-absorbed inteligensia spouting rehashed dinner party verbal masturbation here but TV is definately overrated, unless of course we're talking about 'arrested development'

..well I probably am, and do, but I can't help but agree, thanks!

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
What's really fascinating is that your hair and nails appear to continue to grow for a period of time following death.

mythbusting time :tongue:

due to lack of oxygen, moisture etc, skin and flesh actually shrinks and shrivels, but hair and nails dont, giving the appearance that they are still growing