The Obama "has won more states" argument doesn't fly, or the has more delegates etc

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
And I think there's plenty of people that are that screwed up in this country. While there's no concrete proof of it, the fact is that there was a sudden surge of votes for Hillary right after Limbaugh and others were rallying for their Republican listeners to vote for her because they thought her the weaker candidate. Of course, there are going to be other contributing factors, but you can't deny how blindly loyal many people are to their favorite talk show hosts.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
And I think there's plenty of people that are that screwed up in this country. While there's no concrete proof of it, the fact is that there was a sudden surge of votes for Hillary right after Limbaugh and others were rallying for their Republican listeners to vote for her because they thought her the weaker candidate. Of course, there are going to be other contributing factors, but you can't deny how blindly loyal many people are to their favorite talk show hosts.

Very true to that. Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. :biggrin1:

Then again, Hillary had the lead in Pennsylvania from the beginning. Regardless if it was 25% at one time or 6% a few weeks before the actual primary, more people would have been shocked if Obama somehow pulled off an upset. Many people who blindly accept Obama will say that the gap between he and Clinton in this last primary narrowed because of his image and how he doesn't play dirty politics, whatever that means. I think it's because he spent so much money campaigning there to begin with. Put enough money into something and it'll generate a result. In this case, it just didn't generate enough of one.

Someone has in their sigs that '08 may be the year of hate. Going by how the otaku are acting behind every individual candidate, I tend to agree. It's actually gotten to the point of annoyance and I'm surprised how I haven't grabbed someone by the neck by this point. Let's just hope that their nastiness doesn't rip apart the party when it's time to pick an official nominee.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
Well, Pennsylvania was a projected Hillary win even before Limbaugh opened his fat feeder flap.

And I'm hoping for the same, that whoever of them wins, the others' supporters can suck up their pride and vote for the front runner instead of voting McCain out of spite. As much as I dislike the idea of Hillary running things, McCain running things is downright frightening.

vindicator

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
The Clinton spin on this win in unbelievable. This was Clintons primary to loose. She had a lead of 20 points, and lost 10 points to Obama... that is HUGE.

Clinton did win, but the fact that Obama closed the gap by 50% shows you how much trouble she is in.

Everyone knew Obama wasn't going to win this one. It's not a shock. It is hardly a major victory for Clinton.