The Odds of Getting LAID

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Was walking to work today looking at people as usual and I started counting how many people on this busy street I found sexy. 1,2................. OK 2 out of maybe 1000 people. Then I thought well how many of these find me sexy. How many return my stares? None today. Unfortunately most stares are from wrong sex who look at me that way. Of these people I find sexy maybe one in 50 is available and finds me attractive. So the odds of me hooking up with someone is 1:25,000 people walking around in the city. That got me a little depressed. Obviously the odds improve if you are better looking, go to venues where everone is available and looking, have low standards, and are straight. But even so I think the odds are still high like 1:200.

You think getting laid is getting harder or easier?

JMeister

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's really easy to get laid. The difficult part is having sex with someone YOU want to have sex with.

I have turned down far more offers than I have accepted and have been turned down far more times than I care to remember.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I would say getting laid is harder. Maybe a 1 in a million chance for me.
My odds won't improve because I'm straight. I'm not better looking and I don't go to venues where all the women are looking (I wouldn't even know where that venue is). Have low standards. Hmm...what's a standard?

Yes, it's very depressing. I think I'll just give up, and go back to working on stuff continuously, and going up in the mountains when there's nothing to work on. As Merle Haggard sang: "The way I am, don't fit my shackles. So I just dream, and keep on bein' the way I am".

Lito

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I agree with 160q. Either you have ridiculously high standards when looking for someone or you live in a very depressing place.

Perhaps some vacations away from home would be a good idea for ya =)

Luke2202

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I always find that it happens when I'm not looking for it-- maybe trying too hard is something to avoid.

Blocko

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Have you considered the time old method of giving up masturbation to give you motivation? I bet those statistics will start looking a lot better when you take Mrs Palmer out of the census pool.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I got laid today and it was great! Went out last night to eat with some friends, flirted with a guy at the bar and this morning we had a nice romp. Maybe the laws of probability don't apply to hooking up. Maybe it's a random thing like spilling a cup of marbles on the ground and having 2 touch each other, a sporatic thing like downpours and long droughts.

Funny thing is that whenever I'm in a relationship there are plenty of opportunities like a diabetic in a candy store, look but no sampling, but as soon as I'm unattached then it seems there is no one out there. Can people smell desperation?

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Glad you had some luck.

I don't know if people can smell desperation. I always said women are able to recognize a "no count man" as soon they see one. So, when they see me I am automatically written off. That's what I always attribute my bad luck to.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Where I live, me and my mate get looks from all the lady folk, cos we're so fit (hot/handsome). So my friend says. Unfortunately, they all have boyfriends!

I'm shy and not looking...or maybe I am looking but I'm not getting cos I'm shy? Plus when we go out the focus is on gettin drunk/gamblin/talkin shit.

Kink, tu est chaud. Vraiment :cool:

Maybe soon I will get a girl. I'm assembling the other parts of my life into a perfect picture first :smile:
The frame will follow :wink:

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In the last 25 years, I've lived in 12 cities in 8 states, and I'd say some places are tougher than others. When I lived in Milwaukee, the gay men were eager to get laid but almost none of them were, let's just say to be polite, to my taste. Here in Pittsburgh, it seems like almost none of the gay men actually want to have sex, and almost none of them are, let's just say to be polite, to my taste. My friends here usually get laid when we travel out of town or when we meet someone here who is from out of town. No joke.

thecokecankid

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Glad you had some luck.

I don't know if people can smell desperation. I always said women are able to recognize a "no count man" as soon they see one. So, when they see me I am automatically written off. That's what I always attribute my bad luck to.

whats a "no count man"

thecokecankid

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Was walking to work today looking at people as usual and I started counting how many people on this busy street I found sexy. 1,2................. OK 2 out of maybe 1000 people. Then I thought well how many of these find me sexy. How many return my stares? None today. Unfortunately most stares are from wrong sex who look at me that way. Of these people I find sexy maybe one in 50 is available and finds me attractive. So the odds of me hooking up with someone is 1:25,000 people walking around in the city. That got me a little depressed. Obviously the odds improve if you are better looking, go to venues where everone is available and looking, have low standards, and are straight. But even so I think the odds are still high like 1:200.

ive done this walking thing too, and whilst i will fancy way more, its suprising how many get screened out without hesitation when the criteria could quite easily just be:

"opposite sex"
"sexual maturity" and i guess "firtile" lol

but since u factor in so much more like specifically the age, body shape, even race but not in the sence that any race gets filtered out, but its not a coinsidence most of the chicks i want to bang are white.. is it...

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
whats a "no count man"

A man who is no good, undesireable, not what most women are looking for.
You know, just kinda like a truck I once had..."a no count pile of junk".
That sort of thing. I am never gonna win first prize in man contest.
The ladies ain't never gonna fight over me either. They don't seem to know
I even exist.

B_josiah852

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I find self image has a lot to do with others finding us attractive. When I get in a I am not as handsome as I used to be or dam look at the weight I have put on, then I find that I am not presenting myself as I should. Bad self image = no sex. Believe me, I have had to stop and work on my self image many times over the years. Working on it now as you read this. lol . Just a thought.

DarkAuron

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I live in a poor area of town where all the people my age just want to get laid and prove they're special and better than everyone else. Ontop that, no one is 'out'. So my chances of finding someone for even a relationship is pretty much zero. I fell in love with my straight best friend, but that caused endless problems, and I've got half a dozen girls tailing after me despite that I'm gay. *sigh* Drama :rolleyes:

Also, just because you don't see them look at you doesn't mean they don't think about you when they pass by.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A man who is no good, undesireable, not what most women are looking for.
You know, just kinda like a truck I once had..."a no count pile of junk".
That sort of thing. I am never gonna win first prize in man contest.
The ladies ain't never gonna fight over me either. They don't seem to know
I even exist.

I can think of no one who hasn't had that feeling. I get it for a week or month after I get dumped. I think people can smell desperation. How you hold yourself, what you say, how you walk, how you carry yourself, facial expressions all give off energy people sense. You can usually tell confident people from depressed people just by watching how they move. Are they slow, lethargic, or animated, full or energy.

Josiah's right I think happy people are more attractive and easier to approach. I'm a sucker for smiles. Makes it easier to approach people. I don't thinks looks are everything a chick goes for Viking1. Some of the ugliest guys have gotten the best looking chicks - look at Diego Rivera, Pablo Picasso. I've seen so many hot chicks with average guys and hot guys with average chicks everywhere I go. Now the gay world that's another story. I find most gay men superficial and looks biased. We're so eager to snub each other without even getting to know a person even if it's just a few words, sad huh? Ahhhhh the lost art of conversation. Conversation? what's that? Oh its something you have after sex when you're washing up.