The older I am, the older the people I fancy

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Cosota, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Cosota

Cosota Member

It is sort of what we expect but I wonder what the reason behind it is.

When I was a teenager I used to like boys and girls around my age. Younger people were just kids and older people were too old. In my twenties teenagers were far too young, people in their thirties were not for me. Now I am into guys in their late 30s and in their 40s.

What intrigues me is that it is not just my conscious brain saying 'you are more likely to find a compatible partner in somebody your age' or saying 'social conventions dictate that you should be seen with somebody between 35 and 45'

The truth is that my libido is in total agreement. Nowadays I almost exclusively go 'poiiing!' when I see in the street a hot guy over 35 (poiiing is the best sound effect I could think of that conveys an erection).

Do you think our conscious brain somehow dictates unconsciously over the unconscious one? Hehe, I am talking riddles.

Is it that our sexual drive is pre-conditioned -somehow wired - to respond to older and older people?

Will I fancy guys in their 70s when I am 70?

What makes us fancy people our own age? Does anybody know?

2. _Jonesy

_Jonesy Member

I can't share this unfortunately. Due to the fact I missed out a lot as I kid I see myself fancying people my age, and down to 16.

As for older, I've always been partial to the older woman. I prefer their look in a lot of ways, and some mature women have got my attention a lot more than girls my age.

Why? No idea. Probably acceptance for most people.

3. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think it's being realistic about our self image. I know that even if I find kids the age of my children beautiful, they would be unlikely to choose me for sex. How lucky that people my age can be just as good looking! It's my reason to live!

Incidentally when I was young I went for men old enough to be my grandpa, and worked my way down to ones my own age only recently.

4. nudeyorker

Gold Member

When I was younger I was always attracted to older people for their sophistication, knowledge and experience. As I've become sophisticated, wise and experienced; now I find many people in may age bracket are tired, whiney and riding the express train straight through middle age towards old age and death.

My partner is 13 years younger and full of life. I've taken care of myself and many people think we are about the same age. I like looking at people 20 or 30 years younger and squeezing the merchandise once and a while but I don't want to spend my life with them.

I think life and finding someone compatible is learning what works for you and what does not... often some issues change with time but the trick is knowing how to navigate the terrain when the map changes.

5. D_Ivana_Bhig-Dicke

D_Ivana_Bhig-Dicke New Member

My tastes have remained the same. I'm 26 and I'm still chasing 16-20 year old tail.

6. crescendo69

Gold Member

I've enjoyed them all - my age or 15-20 years younger or older. Sometimes I like to be worshiped by older men, sometimes to worship younger men, and sometimes a more equal relationship is nice. But I'm still rather picky.

7. Gecko4lif

Gold Member

Albums:
    My tastes have grown with me

The sweet spot is 20-25

My dick gets hard just thinking about it

Draft saved Draft deleted