Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My thoughts exactly!!! :confused:

What next, Olympic Tiddlywinks?

Or, maybe a sexy venue for Olympic BJ's :blowjob: :rolleyes:

Or, hunky Olympic Singlets venue....:yumyum:

Or, well you get what I mean.....stupid Olympic stuff like...
Rythmic Gymnastics! (*)

(*) I know that Rythmic Gymnastics is just that, gymnastics,
and that it is a sport that is hard work and the effort to be
completely together, as the Radio City Rockettes, is highly
intensive and difficult, but to me it looks like just a bit of fluff
and is not interesting to watch.

I like a sport to be something that I can yell at, is competitive,
and gets my juices flowing. All the RG teams looks alike to me...
a bunch of barbie dolls in fancy costumns and with the same
painted on faces, grinning teeth and jerky movements.......not
a whoopee can I find to bring up!

The head of the IOC said earlier today it was not up to him to say
whether softball and baseball would ever, or should be,
reinstated in the future. However, he did say that after 2012, that
softball had a very good chance of being reinstated, but due to the
prevailing drug problems within baseball, worldwide, that it was very
doubtful that baseball would be reinstated anytime in the forseeable
future.

:confused:
And, drugs have not been a part of the Olympics for many, many years?
And probably still is since there have already been a few who have been
thrown out of the 2008 Olympics and had to retun their medals.
So, :wtf1:

:eek::mad: I do have to say with shock and dissapointment that you guys think so lowly of Rhythmic Gymnastics. As you can see in my Login Name that I am a male rhythmic gymnast and it takes hours and hours and HOURS of practice to try to be the best at this sport. Unlike, speed sports and sports that have clear winners who cross a finish line or score points by making baskets, touchdowns and goals, Rhythmic Gymnastics is a sport that gymnasts constantly have to prove themselves that they are deserving of their spot to shine on our stage (the competition floor). Sure we don't get million dollar contracts in the US or get front page coverage on Sports Illustrated, but if you go to any Rhythmic gymnastics facility and watch us train and and stretch our bodies for hours and hours each day, you would understand the hard work and determination that all rhythmic gymnasts have....for just a those few moments that the judges tell us that we are worthy and deserve our chances to shine out on the floor.

I know everyone has a right to his own opinion, but to say that Rhythmic Gymnastics is non-sense, makes me really feel that Sports itself is nonsense. What's the fun in watching a bunch of guys in helmets running down a field with a ball and getting tackled....anyone can do that in their backyard!

But to see the action and split second timing that rhythmic gymnasts have....tossing up a ribbon and doing four rolls on the floor hoping that the air conditioning didn't affect your trajectory and then having it perfectly land in your hand is a true skill and pure athleticism.

Sure you may think that my argument is stupid, but I hope that you truly don't think that Rhythmic Gymnastics is nonsense!

`RGboi84

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I AGREE with you 100^ rgboi
I was waiting for a person like you with Real Experience of what it takes to speak up .. otherwise i felt it would be a futile exercise expressing an opinion on the matter
Every sport or activity a person enters into is well worth recognition ..i feel . times change and like the BMX etc..for the youngsters..well some people will get an enormous amount of satisfaction with that
I am PROUID of NZs Sarah Walker in the BMX races .. she did well on the World Stage
Just ACCEPT it all . i reckon..
Its like taking time to place posts with links in them and getting no thanks nor recognition/have had many years of operating Yahoo Groups similar. so no love lost with that..its just an expectation of what is likely to happen...some folk are just so Happy to take only.
enz

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Rythmic gymnastics is more of an artistic dance than a sport. Sure, it requires great athletisism but then so does Ballet dancing. The gymnastic aspects are already covered in the floor stage of gymnastics. I also dont think it has big enough appeal to justify its inclusion. I suspect its only kept in because its relatively simple to finance & doesnt require its own seperate facilities. Same goes for synchronised swimming - you just need a pool... and sequins.

rgboi84

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Rythmic gymnastics is more of an artistic dance than a sport. Sure, it requires great athletisism but then so does Ballet dancing. The gymnastic aspects are already covered in the floor stage of gymnastics. I also dont think it has big enough appeal to justify its inclusion. I suspect its only kept in because its relatively simple to finance & doesnt require its own seperate facilities. Same goes for synchronised swimming - you just need a pool... and sequins.

Actually, Rhythmic gymnastics had a separate facility from Artistic because the ceiling wasn't high enough. Plus.....Rhythmic isn't big here in the US but it's HUGE in Europe and Asia...that's why it's still in the Olympics. In Athens in 2004, tickets for all sessions of Rhythmic were sold out and in Beijing, a friend of mine who was the lone North American qualifier had a hard time finding tickets for her own parents to come see her. Floor Exercise in Artistic Gymnastics doesn't do justice for what rhythmic gymnasts do on our floors.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh Dear Lord! You are not only gay; but a rhythmic gymnast living in Arkansas?!?! :eek: :confused:I hope you carry a gun cause otherwise you must get beat up a lot. :frown1: Seriously, I fear for your safety, please move someplace more gay friendly. :cool:

:eek::mad: I do have to say with shock and dissapointment that you guys think so lowly of Rhythmic Gymnastics. As you can see in my Login Name that I am a male rhythmic gymnast and it takes hours and hours and HOURS of practice to try to be the best at this sport. Unlike, speed sports and sports that have clear winners who cross a finish line or score points by making baskets, touchdowns and goals, Rhythmic Gymnastics is a sport that gymnasts constantly have to prove themselves that they are deserving of their spot to shine on our stage (the competition floor). Sure we don't get million dollar contracts in the US or get front page coverage on Sports Illustrated, but if you go to any Rhythmic gymnastics facility and watch us train and and stretch our bodies for hours and hours each day, you would understand the hard work and determination that all rhythmic gymnasts have....for just a those few moments that the judges tell us that we are worthy and deserve our chances to shine out on the floor.

I know everyone has a right to his own opinion, but to say that Rhythmic Gymnastics is non-sense, makes me really feel that Sports itself is nonsense. What's the fun in watching a bunch of guys in helmets running down a field with a ball and getting tackled....anyone can do that in their backyard!

But to see the action and split second timing that rhythmic gymnasts have....tossing up a ribbon and doing four rolls on the floor hoping that the air conditioning didn't affect your trajectory and then having it perfectly land in your hand is a true skill and pure athleticism.

Sure you may think that my argument is stupid, but I hope that you truly don't think that Rhythmic Gymnastics is nonsense!

`RGboi84

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Who cares if the tickets sold out in one building? The Olympics is viewed by BILLIONS & it has to appeal to a global audience. I still say its not a sport. But carry on tossing your ribbon - or whatever it is you toss.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
aaaaaaah I SMILE Xcuse..acknowledge . BUT!
i cant help thinking that everything has a beginning..so when we (i better say ME) are about to kark it...
such as mentioned .. MAY well be to the forefront..is my reckoning....(still smiling')
In actual fact i am also thinking of the elderly,s/Grandmothers etc..cant help feeling that many of the elderly would be going ooooooh aaaahhh over it all? is all.
enz

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A OLYMPICs FINAL from me (all sigh with relief')
enz

The 10 best moments of the Olympic Games

August 26 2008 at 07:03AM

The following is a selection of the top 10 moments from the Beijing Olympics:

1: Usain Bolt breaks the 100m world record. Bolt already owned the record and in front of a packed Bird's Nest stadium he ran 9.69sec. He thumped his chest in triumph over the last few metres before his "marksman" celebration which became one of the lasting images of the Games.

2: Michael Phelps roars in triumph and relief after American team-mate Jason Lezak overtook France's Alain Bernard on the final leg of the 4x100m freestyle relay to keep alive Phelps's dream of beating Mark Spitz's record from 1972 of seven golds in a Games - a dream he was to realise.

3: Liu Xiang dejectedly walks away from the track as he realises he has to withdraw from the defence of his 110m hurdles title because of a leg injury. Liu was the most popular sportsman in China and his grimacing departure clouded the Games for millions of home fans.

4: Russia's Yelena Isinbayeva turns the Bird's Nest into her private theatre with a gold medal and world-record-breaking pole vault performance that captivated the 91 000 crowd. After she spent most of the competition lying under a towel, she broke her own world mark with a leap of 5.05m.

5: The opening ceremony. It emerged that some of the performance seen on television had been enhanced by computers, a child singer was replaced by a supposedly prettier face to mime to her voice and representatives of China's ethnic minorities were no such thing. But it was a jaw-dropping beginning to the Games, culminating in former gymnast Li Ning being swung up the roof of the stadium and 'running' around the top level before lighting the cauldron.

6: German weightlifter Matthias Steiner kisses a picture of his late wife Susann on the gold medal podium, choking back tears over the promise he made to her that he would keep their Olympic dream. The super-heavyweight made the pledge to Susann at her bedside in hospital as she lay dying after a car crash in 2007.

7: American Matt Emmons blows a 3.3-point lead on the very last shot of a 120-shot competition to throw away the gold medal in the "marathon" event of shooting. Four years ago in Athens he had fired at the wrong target and squandered a 3-point lead.

8: Usain Bolt breaks Michael Johnson's 200m world record. Charging towards the finish line, Bolt has his eye on the clock all the way and once again celebrates his triumph in style - this time, after he completed his run.

9: Rohullah Nikpai wins Afghanistan's first Olympic medal with a bronze in the men's 58kg taekwondo. Proof that no matter how tough the conditions you have to train in, Olympic success is achievable if you have the talent.

10: Estonian Gerd Kanter celebrates his discus gold medal by sprinting down the 100m track at the Bird's Nest and mimicking Bolt's marksman routine. High-school jinks in a week when fun was put back into track and field. - Reuters

lpsgjwalker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A OLYMPICs FINAL from me (all sigh with relief')
enz

The 10 best moments of the Olympic Games

August 26 2008 at 07:03AM

The following is a selection of the top 10 moments from the Beijing Olympics:

1: Usain Bolt breaks the 100m world record. Bolt already owned the record and in front of a packed Bird's Nest stadium he ran 9.69sec. He thumped his chest in triumph over the last few metres before his "marksman" celebration which became one of the lasting images of the Games.

2: Michael Phelps roars in triumph and relief after American team-mate Jason Lezak overtook France's Alain Bernard on the final leg of the 4x100m freestyle relay to keep alive Phelps's dream of beating Mark Spitz's record from 1972 of seven golds in a Games - a dream he was to realise.

3: Liu Xiang dejectedly walks away from the track as he realises he has to withdraw from the defence of his 110m hurdles title because of a leg injury. Liu was the most popular sportsman in China and his grimacing departure clouded the Games for millions of home fans.

4: Russia's Yelena Isinbayeva turns the Bird's Nest into her private theatre with a gold medal and world-record-breaking pole vault performance that captivated the 91 000 crowd. After she spent most of the competition lying under a towel, she broke her own world mark with a leap of 5.05m.

5: The opening ceremony. It emerged that some of the performance seen on television had been enhanced by computers, a child singer was replaced by a supposedly prettier face to mime to her voice and representatives of China's ethnic minorities were no such thing. But it was a jaw-dropping beginning to the Games, culminating in former gymnast Li Ning being swung up the roof of the stadium and 'running' around the top level before lighting the cauldron.

6: German weightlifter Matthias Steiner kisses a picture of his late wife Susann on the gold medal podium, choking back tears over the promise he made to her that he would keep their Olympic dream. The super-heavyweight made the pledge to Susann at her bedside in hospital as she lay dying after a car crash in 2007.

7: American Matt Emmons blows a 3.3-point lead on the very last shot of a 120-shot competition to throw away the gold medal in the "marathon" event of shooting. Four years ago in Athens he had fired at the wrong target and squandered a 3-point lead.

8: Usain Bolt breaks Michael Johnson's 200m world record. Charging towards the finish line, Bolt has his eye on the clock all the way and once again celebrates his triumph in style - this time, after he completed his run.

9: Rohullah Nikpai wins Afghanistan's first Olympic medal with a bronze in the men's 58kg taekwondo. Proof that no matter how tough the conditions you have to train in, Olympic success is achievable if you have the talent.

10: Estonian Gerd Kanter celebrates his discus gold medal by sprinting down the 100m track at the Bird's Nest and mimicking Bolt's marksman routine. High-school jinks in a week when fun was put back into track and field. - Reuters

what about . . .

11: Australian diver Matthew Mitcham earns 112 points on his final dive (scoring four perfect 10s) to win the gold medal in the men's 10-meter platform diving competition, thwarting the Chinese bid for an 8-for-8 sweep of that sport. Matt is the only openly-gay athlete competing at the Olympics this year and absolutely hot / adorable :biggrin1:

zephyr7285

Just Browsing
Media
Who cares if the tickets sold out in one building? The Olympics is viewed by BILLIONS & it has to appeal to a global audience. I still say its not a sport. But carry on tossing your ribbon - or whatever it is you toss.
The world does not revolve around the US. It is very big in europe and asia, so it does appeal to a global audience. Now football on the other hand...

Kalamazoo

Experimental Member
Media
Thought this was a very funny summation re: the NBC coverage:

Here are the top 9 comments made by NBC sports commentators during the Olympics that they would probably want to take back:

1. Weight-lifting commentator: "This is Gregorieva from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing."

2. Dressage commentator: "This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother."

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: "I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father."

4. Boxing Analyst: "Sure there have been injuries, and even some deaths in boxing, but none of them really that serious."

5. Softball announcer: "If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again."

6. Basketball analyst: "He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn't like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces."

7. At the rowing medal ceremony: "Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the IOC president is hugging the cox of the British crew."

8. Soccer commentator: "Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field."

9. Tennis commentator: "One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them."

fnaslut

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Alexei Nemov wasn't in this years olympics, but he is a past olympian.

The black and white picture makes me wonder. The nude pic makes think he'd have needed someone from LPSG because he had a FUCKING AWSOME BUBBLE BUTT.

Gymnasts usually have the hottest asses. I think it's because asses are sort of an extension of great thighs.

(I ran a cross a picture of him a few days ago and he is starting to look like a "well healed" Russian.)

Wow! He is hot...and what a hot edible/fuckable ass!!!! :smile: