THE ONE: How soon can you tell?

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Our eyes crossed, and I felt she was the one.

Our voices started talking, I suspected she was really the one.

Our souls talked, date after date, and I was convinced she was the one.

We satyed together five years, and I was sure she was the one.

We married and I know: she is the one.

I love it! That is so cool!

alex8.5

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My b/f asked me out for coffee on a Friday. 6 hours later we parted ways. Three days later we met for dinner and a movie. 5 weeks later he moved in. 16 years later we are still together. And it's like it was the first few weeks. The honeymoon has not yet ended.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I married young... essentialy to a woman who seemed to love me very much... and just assumed that the kind of intimacy you long for is something you build over time.
15 years later it was clear that she no longer loved me... in fact did not even like me.

Then I met the one.

I got to know her over the phone and was drawn strongly to her despite never having laid eyes on her.

After we physically met, business kept putting us in social situations together, where it became increasingly clear that she saw the world the same way I did... and I had never met another person who saw the world as I did...

And then over a business dinner I realized that I had more intimacy with this woman I had never so much as touched... than I had ever known in 15 years of marriage.

This whole process took about 3 months... Lots of business related phone calls...but in that 3 months we had actually shared the same space only 5 times.

But it only took the course of that one dinner for me to realize that she was the one.

I got a divorce and I told her about my feelings for her.

That was 16 years ago.... and I still feel as crazy for her today as I did back then... we still communicate on a deeper level than any other couple I have ever seen...

She is still my best friend.

Media
I hate to burst the bubble, but I don't think there really is such a thing as "the one." Actually there are probably millions if not tens of millions who are compatible or who have the potential to strike some sort of chord in your brain that tricks you into thinking they "are the one." I think the real trick is to decide whether or not you want to commit to a long term and maybe lifetime relationship to someone knowing that they aren't perfect, nor are you, nor is there something magical to keep it perfect. We are imperfect beings whose brains trick us into "falling in love" in order to keep the species going which is okay, but culturally and socially you have to take responsibility for your choice knowing that Snow White and Cinderella don't really exist.
:cool:

JamieBoy

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Lucky man

In my case would re-write the last line:
We married and I was immediately informed: no more BJ's!
She is NOT the one!
:frown1:

fun30013

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

WOW!! This is AWESOME! I just printed it and put it under the glass on my desk. What a great verse to look at each day...Thank You!!

Now, After two years of dating and falling more and more in love each day, we made our vows. That was 12 years ago 14 years together and each and every day I still get weak in the knees!! HE IS THE ONE. Please know that not every day is a honeymoon but with work and communication it can pass the test of times. I see growing old with him & he with I. Life is damn good!

Best of luck to you! To the members who said they don't think they found "The One" my heart says, it just has not happend yet. When you least expect it.....THE ONE can walk into your life....I hope that all the single members have this chance!

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
WOW!! This is AWESOME! I just printed it and put it under the glass on my desk. What a great verse to look at each day...Thank You!!

Now, After two years of dating and falling more and more in love each day, we made our vows. That was 12 years ago 14 years together and each and every day I still get weak in the knees!! HE IS THE ONE. Please know that not every day is a honeymoon but with work and communication it can pass the test of times. I see growing old with him & he with I. Life is damn good!

Best of luck to you! To the members who said they don't think they found "The One" my heart says, it just has not happend yet. When you least expect it.....THE ONE can walk into your life....I hope that all the single members have this chance!

Then I have a chance! :biggrin1: I'm certainly not expecting it now, since my priorities right now are more about getting and keeping a steady job again rather than finding "The One" (although I'd certainly like to date!)

I agree that there can be more than one "The One's" for any given person. However, how MANY "The One's" there are kind of depend on how "mainstream" for lack of a better term that person is. I know that I won't have as many chances for "The One" as someone who is more traditional and conforms to society's expectations. I've known this since about the age of 5.

However, that is not to say that there is NO ONE for me out there. I have met one man who, if he hadn't already been happily married when we met (and no, we were never more than purely platonic friends), would have been very much a possibility, to my thinking anyway.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I knew he was the one within an hour of talking to him... I just have to convince him of that.
:lmao: Tink, that was just the X talking. :wink:

I've only fallen in love with one person, and he was my straight best friend. Every gay guy within 5 years of my age that I've ever met, spoken to either in person or over the internet in terms of any kind of interest, have been completely insane or otherwise just fucking weird.

I've been turned down from guys for not liking country music, to talking with a guy that has an obsession wit "how gorgeous the red/white/blue police lights are", to another guy that was too paranoid to trust anyone that he had a habit of tasering people. I don't think I'll be finding anyone anytime soon.

With the way I grew up from my parents, I didn't have the 'happy go lucky' childhood phase at all, and seemed to have completely skipped it. So while I'm 19, I often feel like I'm in my mid-twenties, but too young socially and financially to date someone older. Life goes on.
Hmm, sounds like you have been dating the gay version of the looney tunes I usually end up with. :redface: Keep the faith dude, you're young yet, it'll happen for you. :hug: