The one that got away

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Misunderstood Lad, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Misunderstood Lad

Misunderstood Lad New Member

Everyone has had the one that got away. Mine, I was a camp counselor one summer at an overnight camp. I was 18, very inexperienced and this one girl counselor was super-hot and from the moment we met clearly had a major thing for me (as I did for her - damn she was hot!). I didn't know how to handle it (especially without getting fired for breaking protocol) and also had a pseudo-girlfriend back at college so I spent six to eight weeks failing to take advantage.

Of course eventually she gave up on me, went in another direction, probably had amazing sex with this counselor from Australia for the second half of the summer and my pseudo-girlfriend was no more by Christmas.

What a fool I was! lol

Youth is wasted on the young. If I only had the self-confidence then to do what needed to be done we both probably would have had a great summer fling.

2. MrGoodDate

Gold Member

I often say,,, If I had my life to live over, I would really make a fool out of myself.
    All of us wish we had taken more opportunities, but we thought girls were nice and pure. If we had only known

3. TheRob

Gold Member

Albums:
    I just hope some girls think of me as the one that got away : o )

I tend to push women away tho, something wrong with me
    not sure the problem aside from fear of abandonment, which becomes self fulfilling

one girl, pursued me back in highshcool and I didn't really get it until it was too late, I don't think her life turned out all that well and I feel like it was partially my fault.
    another girl, this one is current, when I first knew her she liked me more as a friend then I really even noticed her. Then I discovered how great she is of a person (she is really something special) and now I want her friendship so bad that she thinks I want more then a friendship so she pulls back, so I'm screwing that up now

4. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

Don't be so hard on yourself TheRob!!!!
    Just relax, ease off because the harder you hold on the more they want to leave.

5. khaun

khaun New Member

I went to FSU for college. Im half korean, but because of my cheekbones, dark hair, and complection most people mistake me for native american.

Im a decent looking guy, but not one of those guys who women will salivate over (no doing ck underware ads for me). I was eating lunch one day and amazingly beautiful woman came to my table, sat down, introduced herself and started chatting me up.

Like i said, im a decent looking guy, but women of her hotness just dont start chatting me up. I figured, ehhh every dog has his day, and apparently i saved up a whole mess of good karma.

As previously mentioned i went to FSU and im rather easily mistaken as being native american, as a result of that whenever anyone asked me if i was native american i would immediatly answer, no im korean.

wanna take a guess at what happened next? She asked me if i was native american, i said, no im korean, then she got up and walked away. :frown1:

6. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

better to be Korean than a up tight bitch!!!!
    thank goodness you found out right away that she had an ugly soul

7. khaun

khaun New Member

hehe yeah, now i laugh about it, but when you are 18 and basically a walking hard on, it was a major event. :tongue:

8. snoozan

Gold Member

korean men are among the hottest in the world.

fuck her. or, in this case, don't.

9. TheRob

Gold Member

Albums:
    yah I caught that
    and if I could get over this abandonment issue it'd be no problem
    but I can't help it
    I wish I could cus I really like this girl as a friend
    problem is she happens to be flirty, she says she isn't but she dosn't realize it
    but when other guys flirt with her, because it's the workplace I don't feel like she should have to put up with it so I am 'overprotective'
    whatever
    it'd be easier for me to relax if she'd show that she likes me
    maybe she dosn't
    hard to say

10. Principessa

Gold Member

I think you should talk to her and tell her how you feel. If you keep pursuing her without conversation she is going to think you are a psycho stalker. At the very least you should try sending her an email or text message.

11. abovethelaws

abovethelaws New Member

on one of my vacations to brazil i met this gorgeous girl, hips that you couldnt imagine and an ass like wow.

i went to brazil with a relative of mine, he's in his late 40s married and had no intentions of "playing around" during the time.

i brang her back to the hotel etc (i was only 21 at the time) started feeling up eachother, then boom in his comes. sat right down and started watching tv. she gave me her number and told me to call her at night so i can head off to her pousada (bed & breakfast). i called her night, but her phone was switched off for the entire stay, never seen her again.

:mad::mad:

12. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    He may be self diagnosing but just to say he has issues doesn't require a professional opinion. I doubt that anyone would confuse an attraction to men for being afraid of rejection or abandonment by a girl.

13. snoozan

Gold Member

i had the one that ran away, but never the one that got away, unfortunately. :rolleyes:

14. braumeister

braumeister New Member

Albums:
    I think I could fill novels with all my missed opportunities...

15. therunningman

therunningman New Member

Albums:
    Back in undergrad I tutored the football team for a few years. I tutored a group of them for about 8 hours a week and sometimes we'd grab a beer afterwards. I became very close with one of them so we started hanging out more especially after the season was over. We'd go running or shit like that. I was always down cause it was a great excuse to see him naked in the shower. Long story short, as time went by I started to wonder if he was gay - it wasn't one thing that made me think it but stuff like being a college athlete he was so damned busy but he'd spend his personal time with me despite taking shit from his teammates for hanging out with a homo, and then the whole changing in front of me, talking about being horny and what not. I was always too nervous to ask him but looking back on it I should have just asked him. He was a really great guy and simply so damned hot.

Of course, I have to keep my "disappointment" in check. I've had more than my fair share of guys. But he still ranks as the one that got away.

16. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

When someone has made me feel special, they never truly get away. I keep them in a special place. Under the floorboards :tongue:

17. TheRob

Gold Member

Albums:

Draft saved Draft deleted