The One Time I Get Sexist...

lwd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Relates to women driving their cars and talking on the phone. I'm pulling the sexist card and saying I see way too many women whose driving is impaired when talking on the cell and "driving". The worst is when I have waited for one to try to drive out of her parking spot with one hand while holding the phone with the other. I cuss and honk the fuck out of these people, becuase it's rude. Put the phone down for a second and drive. People are waiting for you!

Why don't more women have headsets? Bluetooth or corded? I'm in LA. When are those mandatory headset while driving laws taking effect....

It's kind of weird. I have a fast car and drive very quickly, but drive better than most people who drive at regular speeds. I see too many people drifting into my lane (usually cell phone induced), too many people slow down in a lane, but not signaling so we have no idea what the fuck they are doing, etc. running red lights at intersections that don't have the cameras...I'm normally a calm guy, but on the road, dealing with these fucking morons, I get really uptight. Not quite road rage, but close to it. Why do I get so uptight on the road? Maybe because it's interactive. Someone else's sloppiness with the lanes or aloofness while on the phone and driving affects my outcome....

Am I alone here or am I gonna get castrated on this one? Okay, now back to big cocks and large labias!

-Lawnchair Larry

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Yup - Monster's right - women do not have a monopoly on this at all.

Puts me in mind of a quote from Trainspotting:

In a thousand years, there will be no men and women, just wankers

:biggrin:

lwd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
yeah, i noticed my post got less gender specific in the second paragraph, but I have observed more women in my experience being sloppy/driving poorly with the help of a cell phone bolted to their ears...

No one knows me here, but it's one of the few times I make a judgmental, more blanketed statement...

lwd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
MB, where are you Ireland, was it? I remember your funny tales with the drunken police officers taking you home....you're a funny fuck...

Def. not a woman thing. I see all kinds of idiotic things on the road and I'm sure transsexuals are involved to boot.

It's actually more common for the guys to do something fucking stupid because they're staring at the women who are driving next to them.

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yeah, i noticed my post got less gender specific in the second paragraph, but I have observed more women in my experience being sloppy/driving poorly with the help of a cell phone bolted to their ears...

No one knows me here, but it's one of the few times I make a judgmental, more blanketed statement...

I have days when i see more women on cells driving but, then a few days later I see more men, I understand what your saying.

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Def. not a woman thing. I see all kinds of idiotic things on the road and I'm sure transsexuals are involved to boot.

It's actually more common for the guys to do something fucking stupid because they're staring at the women who are driving next to them.

Transexual? :biggrin1:

hardstang

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Shit on that. Cell phones should be baned all together. They cause nothing but problems in the world. Its hard enough for me to get time to myself. Now I have a device that allows people to reach me 24/7. Burn them all!!!

lwd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
you're in cali...when the hell is the law going into effect where you MUST have a headset (it's been that way in NY for years)...I drive a stick so I HAVE to practice what I preach

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
you're in cali...when the hell is the law going into effect where you MUST have a headset (it's been that way in NY for years)...I drive a stick so I HAVE to practice what I preach

I hear every now and then about someone trying to ban cells in calif (while driving) but, then you don't hear about it, who knows!

lwd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
yeah, obviously not my real name, but if you wikipedia it the story is a tragic comedy...poor guy shoots himself years later

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think that cellphone usage during commutes is dangerous. Activate the voice mail. And when you park your car, check your voicemail and return your messages outside next to your car. There is nothing any ruder than some person talking at length on their cellphone inside the mall or a store and their conversation is EVERYONE'S business. Keep those conversations brief. Common courtesy.

I own a cell phone. I keep my calls brief in public and I call them back later when I am in an area where I am able to have a fully attended conversation.

lwd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
... There is nothing any ruder than some person talking at length on their cellphone inside the mall or a store and their conversation is EVERYONE'S business. Keep those conversations brief. Common courtesy.

I own a cell phone. I keep my calls brief in public and I call them back later when I am in an area where I am able to have a fully attended conversation.

It's wishful thinking, but I doubt a control will be put in place regarding that.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
When I see someone who in my opinion is driving badly, I make a guess at their age, sex and ethnicity.

I am wrong so often, that I have stopped generalising about drivers.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I see people driving while talking on mobiles 4 out of 5 times it's a man, but the laws on driving while talking on a mobile should be enforced, I'd also ban radios and cd's in cars - the amount of times I've seen people ducking down to change their cd and their eyes are off the road for a considerable length of time.

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree but, Its not just women, its men also.

Relates to women driving their cars and talking on the phone. I'm pulling the sexist card and saying I see way too many women whose driving is impaired when talking on the cell and "driving".

Why don't more women have headsets? Bluetooth or corded? I'm in LA. When are those mandatory headset while driving laws taking effect....

It's kind of weird. I have a fast car and drive very quickly, but drive better than most people who drive at regular speeds. I see too many people drifting into my lane (usually cell phone induced), too many people slow down in a lane, but not signaling so we have no idea what the fuck they are doing, etc. running red lights at intersections that don't have the cameras...

I wouldn't say this is sexist, as Monster says, this goes for men and women. You cross the line towards sexism when you say that these women are jabbering with their very, very, very best girlfriend on the run they have, or on their latest hairdresser accident, or whatever.

A little observation of myself and other women I see: Usually the badness ends in the mid to late 20s, when women consider their car less emotional and more practical. With women younger than that, I have sometimes seen the most funny attitudes and forms of behavior. Naming their car, avoiding difficult-looking intersections and short on-ramps, and the like. At some point, we all get sensible; some earlier, some later.

When I see people driving while talking on mobiles 4 out of 5 times it's a man, but the laws on driving while talking on a mobile should be enforced, I'd also ban radios and cd's in cars - the amount of times I've seen people ducking down to change their cd and their eyes are off the road for a considerable length of time.

That is bullshit in America. Every man hates his cell phone.

There are definitely more women driving around on their cellphones here. You don't drive 10 feet or get through a parking lot without seeing some chick with obnoxiously large sunglasses playing with her hair in the mirror, or text messaging.

Guys may be on their phones too, which I do accept and defend, but I'd feel confident in theorizing that they're on a call for MUCH less time than a woman is.

We don't give a shit about who's calling or why they're calling unless we'll benefit from it in some way.

And ban music? Why? I put my cd in before I start driving, and it stays on CD repeat for weeks. Let's ban lipgloss and water bottles, cigarettes and lighters, maps, hats, clothing...etc.etc. The point is not to focus on this shit while you're driving. It takes me less than 2 seconds to light a smoke while I'm driving, and one hand never comes off the wheel.