The Origins of Your Username

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
How did you decide upon your LPSG username? Some names seem a bit self-explanatory (such as the variations on “hung” or “big” or "21by11"—or am I jumping to conclusions there?), but other names in our big family (AWWWW!) are mysterious or intriguing or even borderline obscure, leaving me wondering the path that person took to arrive at that destination.

So, tell us the derivation of your username. Nickname? Film reference? Ironic commentary? Wishful thinking?

EDIT: Mine is pretty dull. "Steve" is my actual name ( :wow: ) and "319" is a song title (anyone other than mindseye know that one?).

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My name is something I came up with a long time ago. I had just finished reading Lord of the Rings, and wanted to do something that sounded cool like most of those names, so I took the 'ion' ending that sounded cool and added it the name of a star, Altair.

For those that don't know how I pronounce it: Altairion = All-tare-e-un

yaoifun

Just Browsing
Media
I'll make it short and simple, for once, as I've already explained the meaning in another topic...I'm not sure which one, if I remember I'll edit and tell. Anyways, I like Yaoi, I like fun, I think yaoi is fun! Combine them, and there ya have it - Yaoifun.

nytewolf

Just Browsing
Media
My name is Nyte because... I played EQ for about a year as another name... GM decided at random my name wasn't following the rules and changed it to Nytewolf... used it every since.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I guess it's been long enough since this topic came up so I'll respond.

As far back as I can remember, my dad called me Peckerhead (he wasn't a very nice man and the nickname wasn't a compliment.) The family was large and close and my male cousins and some close friends called me that, too.

By the time I was in 3rd grade or so it had been shortened to Pecker. There it stayed.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by Altairion@May 8 2005, 03:35 AM
My name is something I came up with a long time ago. I had just finished reading Lord of the Rings, and wanted to do something that sounded cool like most of those names, so I took the 'ion' ending that sounded cool and added it the name of a star, Altair.

I'm not sure if you know it or not, Brian, but the ending -ion is the Sindarin prefix for 'son of' in The Lord of the Rings. So your name can be taken to mean 'Son of Altair.

Some of us who have been here a long time (and I mean years) remember when Pecker went by a Tolkien-inspired username: bilbobagginsx.

I have had the nickname Whopper since I was 16. My older brothers rarely call me anything else. The DoubleMeat part was added by my classmates in high school.

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper+May 7 2005, 11:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DoubleMeatWhopper &#064; May 7 2005, 11:54 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Altairion@May 8 2005, 03:35 AM
My name is something I came up with a long time ago. I had just finished reading Lord of the Rings, and wanted to do something that sounded cool like most of those names, so I took the &#39;ion&#39; ending that sounded cool and added it the name of a star, Altair.

I&#39;m not sure if you know it or not, Brian, but the ending -ion is the Sindarin prefix for &#39;son of&#39; in The Lord of the Rings. So your name can be taken to mean &#39;Son of Altair.
[post=309112]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Heh, thanks for the specifics on that. However, I also used other names from LotR. Looking at the map for Beleriand from the Silmarillion, the two main rivers were the Sirion and the Gelion http://www.lord-of-the-rings.org/collections/maps/map7[1].jpg
It would be cool to be the son of a star though :)

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Choose something on a whim and you are stuck with it forever.
I&#39;ve always hated my screenname here.

Tx is my home state, and the rest is part of my name.

carolinacurious: Well, I&#39;m from South Carolina and I was curious as to what was going on on the board so there you have it. I&#39;ve never cared for it because I think the "curious" has the connotation of someone who is gay but won&#39;t admit it. There also was a Carolina here who used to be much more active than now, since most people call me Carolina that can be a bit confusing as well.

Haven&#39;t been able to come up with anything to change it to yet, though.

CC

blackwood

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by Axex@May 8 2005, 07:54 AM
Usually I go by Familyjules24. Some years back I had to get a hernia repaired and my half bro, being the "wise" ass he is, said, "Hey jules, how&#39;s it hanging. You really are the jules of the family."(first name is julian) After that he called me familyjules. But I got sick of being referred to as testicles... instead I went with the name my friend said I should use for an MMORPG. It took place in Egypt and he said "Axex&#33;" he then gave some explanation that it was an Egyptian beast of some sort. Now if that&#39;s true...I&#39;m not sure. It&#39;s sure as hell fun to try to say though :p.
[post=309150]Quoted post[/post]​

I have no imagination. Drive 02 Blackwood Pickup (limited Edition of about 3500 "trucks".

As I feel I am a "Limited" edition or at least one of few it seemed to fit.

Thus............

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by Axex@May 8 2005, 07:54 AM
It took place in Egypt and he said "Axex&#33;" he then gave some explanation that it was an Egyptian beast of some sort. Now if that&#39;s true...I&#39;m not sure. It&#39;s sure as hell fun to try to say though :p.
the axex was the ancient egyptian griffon (body of a lion, wings and head of a hawk). it wasn&#39;t a real creature, and scholars are still divided as to its place in the AE pantheon, "axex" also having been the word for "darkness" in the early high kingdom language.

the shit I know :eyes:

blackwood

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by Dr Rock+May 8 2005, 09:47 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr Rock &#064; May 8 2005, 09:47 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Axex@May 8 2005, 07:54 AM
It took place in Egypt and he said "Axex&#33;" he then gave some explanation that it was an Egyptian beast of some sort. Now if that&#39;s true...I&#39;m not sure. It&#39;s sure as hell fun to try to say though :p.
the axex was the ancient egyptian griffon (body of a lion, wings and head of a hawk). it wasn&#39;t a real creature, and scholars are still divided as to its place in the AE pantheon, "axex" also having been the word for "darkness" in the early high kingdom language.

the shit I know :eyes:
[post=309161]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Startling, that on the site known as LPSG that such scholarly, learned individuals exist.

It&#39; great to just sit back and read the information passed on and provided.

Not gushy but "THANKS&#39; :eyes:

blackwood

Landshark77

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I was going to buy a BMW Z4. AKA The Land Shark. I thought it was a pretty cool name, thus.... I adopted it.

Also, I tend to eat anything that gets in my path. i.e. chicken, burgers, rice, fries, pasta, pussy, dick, ass..... you get the idea.

db03

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
My username comes from the nickname i had as a child. It was one of those names that was around for so long that no one can remember who thought it up. i added the 03 cos thats when i found the site first.

Landshark77

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by blackwood+May 8 2005, 04:32 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(blackwood &#064; May 8 2005, 04:32 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Axex@May 8 2005, 07:54 AM
Usually I go by Familyjules24. Some years back I had to get a hernia repaired and my half bro, being the "wise" ass he is, said, "Hey jules, how&#39;s it hanging. You really are the jules of the family."(first name is julian)  After that he called me familyjules. But I got sick of being referred to as testicles... instead I went with the name my friend said I should use for an MMORPG. It took place in Egypt and he said "Axex&#33;" he then gave some explanation that it was an Egyptian beast of some sort. Now if that&#39;s true...I&#39;m not sure. It&#39;s sure as hell fun to try to say though :p.

I have no imagination. Drive 02 Blackwood Pickup (limited Edition of about 3500 "trucks".

As I feel I am a "Limited" edition or at least one of few it seemed to fit.

Thus............
[post=309160]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Yea... I tend to get "black wood" in the morning. Every morning. He he he&#33;

Good taste in trucks&#33; I wanted to get one, but I had to settle for the lesser more economic version. The F-150.