The Origins of Your Username

Ralexx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'll be damned if I remember which are the origins of my nickname ! ...

Ralexx (adopted in 2001), turned into Raal Lexx (in 2003), and reverted to Ralexx (in 2004)...

I think it had something to do with my watch... or my first two names... Anyway, I consider(ed) it quite exotic and therefore I like it. Especially Raal Lexx :p .

tightfit

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well - It's just as it says.
I always have trouble at first 'getting it in'.
It can be something of an issue for me at times.
It just seemed natural to use 'tighfit'.

ETown7

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, I live in Edmonton, Alberta - which I call Etown, for gits and shiggles, and 7 is an approxmation of size.

coolioc

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by Altairion@May 7 2005, 08:35 PM
My name is something I came up with a long time ago. I had just finished reading Lord of the Rings, and wanted to do something that sounded cool like most of those names, so I took the 'ion' ending that sounded cool and added it the name of a star, Altair.

For those that don't know how I pronounce it: Altairion = All-tare-e-un
[post=309097]Quoted post[/post]​

But how did you pick the star Altair out of the trillions of stars out there? Is there a significance?

My name is just stupid since there really wasn't a rhyme or reason why I chose it. Actually I am not a fan of coolio, and my name doesn't have a "c" in it at all either. My email does have the word "cool" in it, but other than that I just can't figure out why I chose to lengthen it out to coolioc.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Simple really. Full name is Otis Orestes Onslow. I took my surname and placed it here. 2 reasons. Many people call me Onslow, because I go through life On Slow and because it's my name. Several people call me Otis, I sort of like it but it's too hard to spell. Then there is Ray who is the only one who uses Orestes (it's a long story so I'll spare you). For those who wonder who the Ojalvo guy was, that was my grandfather on mother's side. Hope this either cleared up or added to the confusion.

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had asked someone on another site to do a namechange for me from Texancowgirl, but to keep it similiar. He's known me for about 10 years personally, so he's used to giving me a hard time and me taking it well. Out of a joke initially, he changed it to TexAssGirl. But I loved it, so I stuck with it.

BruceSter

Experimental Member
Media
Mine is really simple... My first name, and a part of my last name. Could have added an H in the middle, for middle name initial.

Bruce

Bananaman

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I guess mine's pretty obvious. It's origin was the first time my wife (then GF) saw my erect dick. She giggled and said "It looks like a banana!" She's called it my banana ever since.....

B-man

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper@May 7 2005, 08:54 PM
I'm not sure if you know it or not, Brian, but the ending -ion is the Sindarin prefix for 'son of' in The Lord of the Rings. So your name can be taken to mean 'Son of Altair.
[post=309112]Quoted post[/post]​
Isn't that a postfix or suffix? Yeah, there are six kinds of affixes, but prefixes and suffixes are the most common in English. (The others, for anyone interested, are as follows: An infix, such as abso-fuckin'-lutely or in-fuckin'-credible. A circumfix, as in embolden or enlighten. A simulfix, which occurs in a lot of irregular English verbs like tooth to teeth or eat to ate; vowels are easier to change than consonants. And a suprafix, where the accent or tone changes, such as produce.)

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by jonb+May 9 2005, 09:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jonb &#064; May 9 2005, 09:24 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-DoubleMeatWhopper@May 7 2005, 08:54 PM
I&#39;m not sure if you know it or not, Brian, but the ending -ion is the Sindarin prefix for &#39;son of&#39; in The Lord of the Rings. So your name can be taken to mean &#39;Son of Altair.
Isn&#39;t that a postfix or suffix? [/b][/quote]

You&#39;re right, of course. I mistyped.

A simulfix, which occurs in a lot of irregular English verbs like tooth to teeth or eat to ate; vowels are easier to change than consonants. And a suprafix, where the accent or tone changes, such as produce.)

Irregular verbs? &#39;Tooth&#39; and &#39;teeth&#39; are not verbs&#33; It&#39;s no longer the usual practice among English to consider ablaut/umlaut and syllabic intonation to be affixes. There is no particle to affix to the radical form, so true written affixation doesn&#39;t take place. Ablaut and umlaut are now referred to as vowel mutations. Modern English grammars list only three kinds of affix.

ItsJustMe

Just Browsing
Media
No great story at all. I&#39;m here, it&#39;s just me, what you see is what you get.

Actually I have two specific user names for other internet forums but wanted to be something different here (for privacy purposes).

RICKY_27

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by jonb+May 9 2005, 05:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jonb &#064; May 9 2005, 05:24 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-DoubleMeatWhopper@May 7 2005, 08:54 PM
I&#39;m not sure if you know it or not, Brian, but the ending -ion is the Sindarin prefix for &#39;son of&#39; in The Lord of the Rings. So your name can be taken to mean &#39;Son of Altair.
Isn&#39;t that a postfix or suffix? Yeah, there are six kinds of affixes, but prefixes and suffixes are the most common in English. (The others, for anyone interested, are as follows: An infix, such as abso-fuckin&#39;-lutely or in-fuckin&#39;-credible. A circumfix, as in embolden or enlighten. A simulfix, which occurs in a lot of irregular English verbs like tooth to teeth or eat to ate; vowels are easier to change than consonants. And a suprafix, where the accent or tone changes, such as produce.)
[post=309568]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Hey JONB,

Your post quoted above is a textbook example of &#39;WTMI&#39; or to put it another way, it is far more than anyone ever cares or needs to know about &#39;fixes&#39;

RICKY_27.